• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what is lemonade?

what is lemonade?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Pure deliciousness. That's what it is.​

Last edited:
What you make if life gives you lemons.

Last edited:
Here it's a carbonated beverage, I think...? I don't know, I don't really drink it but I'm sure the water with lemon juice and sugar variant is probably available here too somewhere. Generally anything with the "-ade" suffix is a carbonated drink here. Anything without is considered "juice".

only lemonade i've ever had here in the uk is the carbonated beverage kind of lemonade. don't think the sugar lemon juice water is a thing over here.

I've seen the powder stuff everywhere, made it with lemon juice, water, and sugar all the time as a kid and seen it sold a lot like that at fairs and stuff, and I've seen it as a carbonated beverage here. So I guess it's everything over where I live.

i think juice water and sugar. i mean what else could it be besides that? i didn't know it was considered a carbonated drink in some places..

I generally associate lemonade with lemon juice, water, and sugar but I've known for a few year that the alternative exists. I voted for the juice, water, and sugar option on the poll.

I know that in France "la limonade" is essentially the equivalent to something like Sprite or a lemon sparkling beverage here in the U.S., so I can see lemonade being considered a carbonated beverage. But I've always thought of it as simply lemon juice, sugar, and water and it definitely tastes best as just that.

here it's juice but i remember when i went to eastern europe it was carbonated i thought it was so wild i still do .. same with carbonated water
d3515e7955a7015d6f8501e64ccfb116.jpg

Back