• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone play New Leaf and not really landscape?

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
I get town landscaping. I love to usually. But at the same time it stresses me out.

I made a fresh town (I didn't sell my old town) and I want to play more naturally without landscaping everything perfectly.
Have it be more relaxed.

So do any of you not landscape? If you don't why?
How do you think it changes the game for you if at all?
(I mean landscaping like the way dream towns are more than just building paths and breeding flowers, without beautiful town ordinance. Not sure if I'm explaining well.)

i haven't landscaped, really. mostly kept all of the flowers on the sand for the most part. but that's because im not sure how i would, basically. the way everything in my town is set up is weird and im not sure how i would be able to make it look like how i'd probably want it. so for now, it's mostly just kind of a 'i wish i could' but can't, lmao

I cut down all the trees and plant them in an organized way, but other than that I just leave things natural.

never thinked about the perfect town goal landscaping the proper way sounds more like a chore to me so never done that

Only gone as far as lining up shrubs here and there. I lack the giveas**t required to even start anything fancy.

I do landscaping for a real job during the spring/summer/fall so I don't do it in the game. :) I've organized a patch of flowers here or there, especially if I'm placing two types or colors next to each other in an attempt to grow a hybrid. I've organized neat rows of bushes, or even repeatedly cut down trees in a certain spot that I wanted a special stump. But as far as flowers go, I usually let them grow wild. Which they've grown so wild, that I've been plucking big groups of them and selling them at ReTail lately. And trees are also pretty scattered. So to answer the question: bushes yes, trees & flowers, not so much.

I always have these lofty goals of landscaping, like certain areas for certain trees and a single color palette for flowers etc. but then I inevitably get lazy and never achieve any of those goals~ ;-;

I did a loooot of landscaping on my main town and I've just about finished it. Practically all the area in my town is covered with flowers/bushes/trees/clovers/mushrooms or whatever else. It took me a super long time and it really stressed me out by making me feel like I had to do everything perfectly. I'm also very OCD when it comes to color and what object can touch what. It was really frustrating... but I'm really glad I landscaped hardcore because I'm very happy with the results!

However... I probably wouldn't do it to that extent again. I recently started a new town with my sister for fun and I hope to just play naturally. I spent so much time landscaping that I forgot to really enjoy the game. We'll see if I end up going into hardcore mode despite my mindset not to. :c

I really only landscape around my house and plant some matching flowers near villager's houses. I leave most of my town natural because well- to be honestly I'm not great at organizing and putting stuff down strategically. It's kinda embarrassing for me but then again it's so much easier to enjoy the game instead of turning it into a chore.

I just use an editor to landscape. Call me a cheater but I don't care. Also I'm not a fan of perfectly aligned trees, it just doesn't seem right.

Back