• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you think of Villages that have several of the same race?

IF you like something you like it. I have lot of normals and snootys in my village ^^

Doesn't bother me having multiple species anymore, but it used to. And strangely now that I'm not bothered about having repeats I actually have less than ever before. At some point I'll end up with 3 rabbits and 4 wolves though I think, Toby/Hopkins/Claude are so cute as a trio and I want Wolfgang back again
As long as you like your villagers, that's all that really matters :)

I have some species I favor more. I really like sheep, anteaters, deer, squirrels, and cats.
I was thinking about making an entire town full of cats.
As long as you love your villagers, who cares! It's your game, do what you want.

Two of my towns have 3 bears and I love them.
I do plan on doing another town that has half mice and half hamsters. They look so cute when they stand in the flowers.

I just pick my favourite villagers which means that I have 3 cats, 2 tigers and a lion included which I guess some people might find excessive.

I used to have three Mice: Rizzo, Bella, and Chaddars. The last one listed left me because he was angry at the birthday gift I gave him. The second one left without me two days ago without telling me, despite being my current favorite Villager. :( I am still upset as I was under the impression that if I talk to them, they would warn me. Now I am left with Rizzo, and I am wondering if I should try to collect rodents again for a Redwall town or go for something different. The game keeps giving me Frog guests so I might switch gears.

It doesn't bother me at all! I don't judge other's town because they have three sheep or even an entire town full of them. Each villager's design is different so it's not that annoying. If you like them, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

3 Wolves and 3 Deer for me! And if it weren't for the cuteness of my other four (Merengue, Julian, Flora and Molly) I could easily have a town of 5 Wolves and 5 Deer and not feel like I had too many of the same species! Overall I've had 8 Deer and 6 Wolves move into my town Fables, and I adore seeing Beau, Kyle and Fang etc still down main street! I especially love that Wolves and Deer play off each other, either side of the Woodland spectrum :D

In Joyville I have four squirrels (Caroline, Marshal, Mint and Static), two cats (Rosie and Rudy) and two elephants (Margie and Dizzy).

Since I like Pierce and Pompom they're not leaving.

Kinda a pity that eagles have only two representatives and we don't even have a uchi eagle.

Uchi is the only personality missing there.
But I'll just deal with that.

So I don't think it's a problem.

Last edited:
My main town has one different animal per villager, and my secondary town has three cats. A big part of me wants only one cat, but since they are Ankha, Rosie (who was a starting villager), and Kid Cat, I just decided to keep them all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I used to have three Mice: Rizzo, Bella, and Chaddars. The last one listed left me because he was angry at the birthday gift I gave him.

Wow, I didn't know that can happen! I better make sure that I know what kind of birthday gifts my villagers like because two of my villagers birthdays are coming up.

I personally like species diversity in my town but I also love the idea of single species villages (*cough* allll of Nunnafinga's towns look so fun <3). I'd only do it if I had their amiibo cards.

I think it's a neat idea and I like it but I wouldn't do it personally, I'd be worried in case I got bored, and I don't think there's any species that I like enough to completely fill a town with. The most I could handle of one species is probably two, any more feels a little cluttered to me.

Back