What do you think of Villages that have several of the same race?

Baroque

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Muffy is the only Uchi villager I really like, so she's in my village.

I will also have Pietro because he's awesome. Balloons-sheep, come on!

And finally, I'll have ?toile move in soon because she's so cute that I could eat her.

...So that's three sheeps. But it does bother me, though: Nook says variety is the spice of life, yet here I am having 30% of my village comprised of sheeps. What do you guys think? Do you feel it's wrong to have many villagers of the same race? Or do you just want to have villagers you like in your town, regardless of race?

my village was 40% wolf til vivian left lol but it definitely doesn't bother me. i can't help but like the villagers that i like :)

I have four big bears and three dogs right now. It doesn't bother me at all. I love those species, and I think it's cute to see them interact and be friends with one another. The bears are all even next door neighbors. :)

I can see that. I'm not a fan of mice villagers myself. Ducks aren't very cool either...

I have three squirrels: Mint, Marshal and Poppy. I love them all so much that I dont care they are the same animal. Plus I like squirrels. X3

It's your village to do as you wish. Nothing wrong with multiple species, 2 species, or even a singular specie. I would say that what you want to aim for is a balance of personalities, esp. if you don't have all PWP unlocked.

Yeaaaah, gotta unlock those public work projects, but it's also fun to just read different things when you speak with villagers, eh? ^^'

nothing wrong with that. If you like a species then you like it. Simple as that. I love wolves and have had towns with 5 of them so yup.

My main two towns have nothing but squirrels and bunnies in them together.
Vista has an even number of them and Chocolat has more squirrels than bunnies.

My other towns have squirrels and bunnies too, but not like the two towns I mentioned.
Also the other two towns (Flora & Moonview) have other species in them.

Last edited:
I thought about having all wolves but they're missing several personalities so I didn't push through. Also, I feel like I'll eventually get tired of seeing almost the same face everyday lol so right now, my limit is probably up to 2 or 3 of the same species.

Well, I personally can't stand having more than two of the same species unless it's a specific theme like all monkeys or safari themes where you would need a few lions or something like that! But I don't think there is anything wrong with 3,4, or even 5 of the same species for no specific theme! I just personally can't do it.

I think it's kind of cute when villages have all the same species. I don't think I'd do it myself though. (Also at 1 point I had 3 hamsters so I'm not allowed to judge)

My entire town is squirrels except for Diana, Ken, and Muffy. I'm going to scan in Pecan to replace Diana, and I'm hoping to replace Ken with Marshal.

Last edited:
I'm working towards getting a 100% cat town. I've always wanted it, just never accomplished it. Unfortunately there aren't any smug cats, so I'm going to have to have a smug lion to fill that 1 personality slot. It'll be my close enough thing. But every other villager will be a regular cat.

I don't see what's wrong with a town with all 1 species. I think it looks kinda neat, actually. You don't really see it that often.

Not really^_^ my town currently consists of three cats and I'd have more if I could, I've had four in the past since Rosie was one of my starters and I wasn't too fussed on moving her straight away and she was one of the last ones I moved out so in that process I had four. :")

my favorire species is pig but a town of just pigs would be boring I prefer more varied villagers

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with that. I have multiple sheep and squirrels and I think they're all adorable. Just go with what you like.

Back