Are you Bilingual?

Yo apprende Espanol y Japanease ( idk how Japanease is spelled hopefully it's how I think it'd be pronounced " hapanease " )
Yo te amo Espanol y japanease me hable japanease mal :( ( I mean I started on Wednesday but still! )
Ps. I Do know that I'm bumping a old thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yo apprende Espanol y Japanease ( idk how Japanease is spelled hopefully it's how I think it'd be pronounced " hapanease " )
Yo te amo Espanol y japanease me hable japanease mal :( ( I mean I started on Wednesday but still! )
Ps. I Do know that I'm bumping a old thread.

I'd say trilingual if my German was better I guess, forgot a lot of words and stuff since I never really use it.

I'm mediocre at French. I can write it pretty well but my spoken is meh; my brain takes awhile to formulate a proper sentence.

I know Dutch, English and some French and German. I'm learning French in school and I would like to learn Spanish (I've had a language course but my Spanish is very basic...).

Well, I speak english as my first language and currently I'm taking french classes for school, so hopefully I'll be able to speak it decently by the time the 4 years are over

i'm slowly inching my way towards being trilingual with japanese and chinese, but it'll be a long time before i'm fluent ;;

Mh, I speak native german, then there is english and french.. I can also understand 90% dutch, but can't speak it.
My Dad's friend knows.. german, english, french, polish, spanish, dutch, russian, latin, norwegian and learns italian at the moment. He's 57 years old if I remember correctly and a professor in mathematics. He learns italian, because his new girlfriend is Italian.. the last one was french x)

I'm triligual, actually! I know English, Filipino, and Ilocano (it's not known internationally I think, but basically it's known by a lot in the northern part of our country where I grew up). c:
English was the first language I learned, then Filipino. Both of them I studied in school, but I picked up Ilocano from the streets and people when I was growing up. We didn't have Ilocano as a language subject in school yet so I'm not super fluent, but my knowledge is enough for every day conversations. ^^

I'm not sure if others do this, but it's very common for me to switch between English-Filipino or Filipino-Ilocano in the middle of conversations depending on who I'm talking to. I barely go one conversation straight with just one language. ; v;

Last edited:
Nope. I've studied three languages (between 2-7yrs each) formally and several others informally but not strong enough in any to claim to be bilingual.

I'm studying German at university right now so maybe someday!

Last edited:
I guess I'm multilingual. English-French-Portuguese(BR)-Japanese-Korean. Korean goes to a certain extent, as well as Japanese but my Japanese is better.

Back