• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you Bilingual?

Yes, but I'd like to learn more languages!!

Last edited:
I only speak English, I understand Portuguese and know some words. Before I went to preschool I would speak a mix between Portuguese and English, but then I forgot it overtime.

Not really. I only really know one language, english. But I can understand and read a little bit of french, due to studying it in school for five years. Really bad at speaking it though, and I wouldn't count it as a second language. I feel like there's a whole world i'm missing out there due to only knowing one language.

Last edited:
I am Spanish, and apart from that I am able to speak fluent English, indeed this summer I passed the proficiency cambridge level! although i do find some trouble when it comes to writing in English, it becomes harder for me. But yes, I guess you could consider me bilingual.
I would also like to learn another language, but at the same time I hate learning structures and stuff, the simplicity of verbs in English is what I appreciated the most when learning it

Well, apart from my native language, I'm only proficient in English. I know a bit of Spanish, but I can't hold a conversation if the other person speaks in a normal pace. The same with Japanese, I still lack the vocabulary and grammar but can understand most of what's said, especially if they speak slowly. x) So if we're really lenient here, it'd be 4 languages? x)

I'm fluent in English and German. I learned Spanish in school, but I forgot most of it.

English, spanish and catalan... I know a bit of French too but... nah, that doesn't count

Raised with both English and German.
I'm so grateful that my parents made that effort; growing up bilingual is different than picking up another language when you're a teenager or adult

I also speak french. I've been in french immersion since I was in grade 1 and graduated highschool with a french immersion certificate, but honestly it's so terrible and butchered haha...

Fluent in English, and I've been taking three years of French (I can read it and understand what's being said by using keywords and I can speak it only a little lol) and I'm trying to learn Spanish.

I'm fluent in both German and English. Taught myself to be fluent in English as an older teen and I'm really proud of it. I'm trying to teach my little niece basic english and french right now, but it's hard since she doesn't live with us. But she watches a lot of english YouTubers so I don't doubt that her generation will become fluent before even entering high school with is pretty cool.

Fluent in English, can speak conversational Cantonese and Mandarin and like... high school level Japanese.

No, but it'd be cool if I were. Only language I've tried learning was Japanese and it sucked. Never again lol. I wouldn't mind learning German or Spanish.

I can do a bit of Spanish.

I know enough to get across the point that I don't speak enough Spanish to be able to help someone and please wait while I get another person who is fluent.

Back