• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you Bilingual?

Yo apprende Espanol y Japanease ( idk how Japanease is spelled hopefully it's how I think it'd be pronounced " hapanease " )
Yo te amo Espanol y japanease me hable japanease mal :( ( I mean I started on Wednesday but still! )
Ps. I Do know that I'm bumping a old thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yo apprende Espanol y Japanease ( idk how Japanease is spelled hopefully it's how I think it'd be pronounced " hapanease " )
Yo te amo Espanol y japanease me hable japanease mal :( ( I mean I started on Wednesday but still! )
Ps. I Do know that I'm bumping a old thread.

I'd say trilingual if my German was better I guess, forgot a lot of words and stuff since I never really use it.

I'm mediocre at French. I can write it pretty well but my spoken is meh; my brain takes awhile to formulate a proper sentence.

I know Dutch, English and some French and German. I'm learning French in school and I would like to learn Spanish (I've had a language course but my Spanish is very basic...).

Well, I speak english as my first language and currently I'm taking french classes for school, so hopefully I'll be able to speak it decently by the time the 4 years are over

i'm slowly inching my way towards being trilingual with japanese and chinese, but it'll be a long time before i'm fluent ;;

yeah but who isn't nowadays
ill be at 4 languages soon... since like everyone knows two at this point i need to pick up the pace and set the bar higher

That hurt to read like I try so hard to learn just one language x.x

Mh, I speak native german, then there is english and french.. I can also understand 90% dutch, but can't speak it.
My Dad's friend knows.. german, english, french, polish, spanish, dutch, russian, latin, norwegian and learns italian at the moment. He's 57 years old if I remember correctly and a professor in mathematics. He learns italian, because his new girlfriend is Italian.. the last one was french x)

I'm triligual, actually! I know English, Filipino, and Ilocano (it's not known internationally I think, but basically it's known by a lot in the northern part of our country where I grew up). c:
English was the first language I learned, then Filipino. Both of them I studied in school, but I picked up Ilocano from the streets and people when I was growing up. We didn't have Ilocano as a language subject in school yet so I'm not super fluent, but my knowledge is enough for every day conversations. ^^

I'm not sure if others do this, but it's very common for me to switch between English-Filipino or Filipino-Ilocano in the middle of conversations depending on who I'm talking to. I barely go one conversation straight with just one language. ; v;

Last edited:
Nope. I've studied three languages (between 2-7yrs each) formally and several others informally but not strong enough in any to claim to be bilingual.

I'm studying German at university right now so maybe someday!

Last edited:
i mean i speak a lil bit of Welsh

Bore da ffrindiau sut wyt ti?
Dwi'n hoffy fy mam afy brawd

I guess I'm multilingual. English-French-Portuguese(BR)-Japanese-Korean. Korean goes to a certain extent, as well as Japanese but my Japanese is better.

I guess I'm multilingual. English-French-Portuguese(BR)-Japanese-Korean. Korean goes to a certain extent, as well as Japanese but my Japanese is better.

hoo that's real cool, wish I knew that many :0

I speak Filipino and English. I understand a few Japanese and German, but that's about it.

Back