• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is your opinion of Obama's presidency?

What is your opinion of Obama's presidency?

• He did an excellent job and was one of the best presidents in U.S. history.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • He was better than recent presidents, but not historically great.

Votes: 38 38.8%
  • He was okay, but not much different than recent presidents.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • He was worse than recent presidents, but not historically bad.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • He did a terrible job and will go down as one of the worst presidents.

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters
If you don't like these type of threads then don't comment or look at them.

I don't like Church. So I'm not going to go to Church.
I don't like Kanye's Music. So I'm not going to listen to his music.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hahahahaha, ok "purple penguin", what ever you feel like thinking. Its obvious to me that you're an irrational person who gets a kick out of sharing their political opinions to people, which I won't try and stop you on that. Someone could tell you "I like obama" and you would reply with "what????? how can you LIKE obama. this this this obama was terrible".

So yes "purple penguin", I see no reason to keep getting in conflict with you. I'll let you berate people for being liberals all you want, it doesn't effect my well being.

By the way, heres a fun fact about "purple penguins". "Purple penguins" originates from a Nebraska school district. Nebraska is a red state, so I find it slightly ironic how you're using it as a way of insulting me somehow. :lemon:

First of all. Just because a state is red, doesn't mean cities/schools don't have liberal policies. Obama won Nebraska by the way.

If you don't like these type of threads then don't comment or look at them.

I don't like Church. So I'm not going to go to Church.
I don't like Kanye's Music. So I'm not going to listen to his music.

- - - Post Merge - - -

First of all. Just because a state is red, doesn't mean cities/schools don't have liberal policies. Obama won Nebraska by the way.

He actually only got one out of five of its electoral votes.

Maybe I got my facts mixed up but I believe either in 2008 or 2012 he did well in Nebraska. I don't know. I'm probably wrong.

"And it's not the first time it happened..."

Ok. Explain?

Just because I have a different view doesn't mean it's because of facts, et cetera are mixed up? At least I can own it when I mess up, like Trump does.

"And it's not the first time it happened..."

Ok. Explain?

Just because I have a different view doesn't mean it's because of facts, et cetera are mixed up? At least I can own it when I mess up, like Trump does.

Trump owns his mistakes? When has Trump ever owned his mistakes? He almost always denies stuff he's said and done, blames other people, and dodges questions about himself. You got your facts "mixed up" yet again.

Trump. With that vulgar despicable audio clip - he apologized sincerely.

Trump. Anyone who knows him personally knows he's humble.

His voice will be heard. No matter who doesn't want to hear it and just wants him to surrender!
He see's something wrong. He states it. When there's an outrage, he keep's on restating it. He doesn't change his opinion or his thought process bc some dumblids want him to.

Trump owns his mistakes? When has Trump ever owned his mistakes? He almost always denies stuff he's said and done, blames other people, and dodges questions about himself. You got your facts "mixed up" yet again.

You might as well be arguing with your front door red cat

You might as well be leaving the country. If you seriously don't like it here and you think that America is despicable, then leave! I'm done with bafoons tonight.

You all think just because I have different opinions that I am a front door or something else! I am an American. An American with opinions that I can voice because of the brave men and women who fought for that freedom.

Without America's stance and determination in the world, it'd be a different place! And let me just tell you, not positively different!

he the best in the west in my opinion <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

You might as well be leaving the country. If you seriously don't like it here and you think that America is despicable, then leave!

bro you do know some people can't leave, because they have family here, or they have nowhere else to go, right? it's not as easy as going on a website, not enjoying the content, and leaving. leaving a country is actually real life crap, sorry that you didn't seem to know.

Last edited:
You might as well be leaving the country. If you seriously don't like it here and you think that America is despicable, then leave! I'm done with bafoons tonight.

You all think just because I have different opinions that I am a front door or something else! I am an American. An American with opinions that I can voice because of the brave men and women who fought for that freedom.

Without America's stance and determination in the world, it'd be a different place! And let me just tell you, not positively different!

To that first section of that post, its not as simple as that and you know it.

To the second section of that post, fair enough.

To the third section of that post, that is true but America as a whole wouldn't be the place it is today if it wasn't for the British, French, Irish, Spanish, Portuguese and other settlers from other Countries. You would be nothing, no diverse cultures, just Amerindians and maybe some Russians. c;
No Caucasians, Asians or African- Americans, just nice tan skin. (Most likely)

Also calling people bafoons and morons isn't civil and you say that you want a civil conversation but you are the one who gets personal with other people, including me and Ness. When we did nothing wrong in the first place, we were doing the same thing as you, sharing our opinion.

Last edited:
He was pretty great. A lot of good things happened under him and I was glad to have him as a president for 8 years.

With the amount of jobs moving out of the country, black lives matter destroying property not able to talk it about their issue in a kindly manner, still continuing, more discredited, dishonest journalism, more molly coddling and pandering to lunacy, illegals taking American jobs, yeah ....the only good thing Obama did was killing Osama and give gays legal rights to marriage. Other than that pretty terrible at handling crisis.

Last edited:
To that first section of that post, its not as simple as that and you know it.

To the second section of that post, fair enough.

To the third section of that post, that is true but America as a whole wouldn't be the place it is today if it wasn't for the British, French, Irish, Spanish, Portuguese and other settlers from other Countries. You would be nothing, no diverse cultures, just Amerindians and maybe some Russians. c;
No Caucasians, Asians or African- Americans, just nice tan skin. (Most likely)

Also calling people bafoons and morons isn't civil and you say that you want a civil conversation but you are the one who gets personal with other people, including me and Ness. When we did nothing wrong in the first place, we were doing the same thing as you, sharing our opinion.

Well... when I get threated like a third-class citizen on any conversation about politicians with Red Cat and N E S S, I will call their actions bafoony. N E S S and Red Cat were being obnoxious, treating me like a third-class citizen. You on the other hand, just disagree with everything I say. ;)

And... if you really hate the country, you'd leave it. It is as simple as that, You must not hate it that much to put in that effort to leave.

America is diverse because of various settlers. If those who started colonizing the eastern shore of North America and other regions of territory, didn't... someone else would have.

America is a country, my country that has helped people find religious freedom, freedom from illegal bigotry.

We are not perfect. No one is. There will always be TRUE bigots.

- - - Post Merge - - -

With the amount of jobs moving out of the country, black lives matter destroying property not able to talk it about their issue in a kindly manner, still continuing, more discredited, dishonest journalism, more molly coddling and pandering to lunacy, illegals taking American jobs, yeah ....the only good thing Obama did was killing Osama and give gays legal rights to marriage. Other than that pretty terrible at handling crisis.

He didn't kill Osama Bin Laden. Those men that put their lives on the line did. He instituted and engaged in finding Osama Bin Laden.

He only supported LGBTQ because of peer pressure and he didn't want his "legacy" to be destroyed.

BLM reminds of the KKK and The Black Panthers. Another group that provokes racism.

By your logic here you should have left the country about 4-8 years ago because you obviously hated Obama. And yeah sure you're a american or whatever, so am I. Don't you think that I too have the right to tell you I think you're a selfish, condescending person? If you think i'm treating you like a "3rd class citizen", why don't you take a look back and see the things you've said to people on this forum? Such as you calling people class A. morons or b****es.

i'll give you this; you and my front door really aren't alike. My front door doesn't sprout arms and legs and run to my computer to voice their public opinions on an animal crossing forum, and when someone calls them out they decide to say "OHHHHHHH you can't tell me what to do!!!!! I'm an american damnit i have my own opinions yadayadayada 1st amendment!!! i'm a tech-savvy informed citizen of society!!! stop liking obama trump is the best!!!!!!".

So yeah, see you later "purple penguin". Take a look at how silly this whole situation is and create a verdict. Although I won't be surprised if you reply to this saying "1st amendment", because i'll just leave a like on it :lemon:

btw i demand you call me "purple penguin" from this point forward because i find it hilarious that you use it as a way of branding liberals. :lemon::lemon::lemon:

N E S S, I don't like you. Period. Point. Blank.

I disliked Obama, yes but I still loved America. Your logic is trash trash garbage.

You're pretty much mocking me for sharing my opinions. What you stated in your second paragraph is not how I communicate.

If I did the same to you it would be...
"IRHASKLEL IS A FRONT DOOR!"
"HES JUST STUPID. ah!"
"TALKINT TO A WALL"

You're twisting things, just like the media. I know you did not communicate like is shown above.

I have insulted those who have insulted me. Don't like it? Don't get on the train of personal attacks. Kk?

- - - Post Merge - - -

What are some of the ways I can stop sounding condescending?

Last edited:
N E S S, I don't like you. Period. Point. Blank.

I disliked Obama, yes but I still loved America. Your logic is trash trash garbage.

You're pretty much mocking me for sharing my opinions. What you stated in your second paragraph is not how I communicate.

If I did the same to you it would be...
"IRHASKLEL IS A FRONT DOOR!"
"HES JUST STUPID. ah!"
"TALKINT TO A WALL"

You're twisting things, just like the media. I know you did not communicate like is shown above.

I have insulted those who have insulted me. Don't like it? Don't get on the train of personal attacks. Kk?

- - - Post Merge - - -

What are some of the ways I can stop sounding condescending?

You didn't follow my request of calling me purple penguin :l

- - - Post Merge - - -

If anything, you saying my logic is trash doesn't make any sense because I never said I dislike america but I have a problem with trump???

What I am trying to communicate is that a lot of people on here have communicated they dislike America. I was wrong and I assumed you fell into that category. I apologize.

Everyone who wants to post in threads like this needs to be respectful of other opinions. If you don't think you are able to calmly and respectfully discuss this topic, simply don't post in this thread. It's normal for political discussions to have many differing points of view, so if you are unable to talk to people who disagree with you, don't discuss politics on The Bell Tree at all. Our rules state that every user should be respectful of others, which is why we will infract or suspend those who make personal attacks or mock others.

Back