• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your opinion of Obama's presidency?

What is your opinion of Obama's presidency?

• He did an excellent job and was one of the best presidents in U.S. history.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • He was better than recent presidents, but not historically great.

Votes: 38 38.8%
  • He was okay, but not much different than recent presidents.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • He was worse than recent presidents, but not historically bad.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • He did a terrible job and will go down as one of the worst presidents.

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters
For me its more like "those crazy liberals" in my school, stuff like that.

Its funny really, because I remember Irhaskell mentioned before that teachers shouldn't be trying to influence their students about their political opinions, when my sister takes a high school college course where the professor mentioned politics on day 1 saying "Alright, so we have the conservatives, and we have the lunatic liberals. They're all crazy.".

Over here in Ireland we don't talk about politics in our schools much, mainly because well, we have better things to do than give each other BS about our own individual views.

I do stand by that. Teachers should teach, not mandate a way their student thinks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're putting america on a high shelf without checking the facts. A quick google search shows that america is in fact not the most diverse country in the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/18/the-most-and-least-culturally-diverse-countries-in-the-world/

Also, stop being so condescending of a person.

Yes daddy. Can you tuck me into bed now? .-. Seriously?

By the way... you can't deny America is diverse. I said that I thought it was the most diverse. Didn't think I would receive that much hate for what I didn't even present as a fact.

By the way. Stop being a purple penguin.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like extremists on the left present their side more as fact and be more aggressive about it than the right as a whole.

I feel like extremists on the left present their side more as fact and be more aggressive about it than the right as a whole.

Left-wing extremists don't walk into black churches and shoot people there to make a statement.

By the way... you can't deny America is diverse. I said that I thought it was the most diverse. Didn't think I would receive that much hate for what I didn't even present as a fact.
We're diverse because we brought black people over here on ships like cargo and took land from Mexico. Oh, and let's not forgot the natives living here before the Europeans ran them off their own land. Yep, our diversity is something to really be proud of.

Last edited:
He was alright. I'm not one that is that freaked out by this election though either. 2 evils to vote between so eh.

View attachment 192335

Left-wing extremists don't walk into black churches and shoot people there to make a statement.

Lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

What about that mentally challenge 18 year old human being that was tortured for being white by four African-Americans?

Both incidents are cases of real racism. Now go cry me a river.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Red Cat, you're a class A moron. America is a country of acceptance of differences.

Now go blame white men for all your mistakes in life.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Facts
* Black tribal leaders in Africa sold their people to various parties.
* Blacks weren't the only ones enslaved. What about the Irish?
* Us exploring N. America brought disease. What the colonists of N. America did to the Native Americans was and is horrifying. They were raped, killed, plundered, and tricked.
* Spain and the French explored the "New World". Everyone's blaming white men for the horrendous and horrific acts upon Native Americans but not Spaniards?
* Native Americans were not saints. Look into it.

Now we can keep on crying about history or we can learn from it and understand why it took place. Crying about it won't change crap. What you can do is stop blaming white men for everything.

Most Muslims aren't terrorists.
Most terrorists are Muslims.

Do you even see the News? Blocking immigration from regions of terror is actually smart. Wow! I'm not saying don't do anything, nah. We need to blow up ISIS' operation and other militant terroristic groups and set up "Refugee Camps" in the Middle East. Not in our home country.

There is a difference between being "acceptingly tolerant" and "stupid". It's not safe to allow refugees that don't get the proper vetting into our country and put the people of America in harms way. Call me racist. I'll call you liberal.

America is a country of diversity that unites in catastrophes and perseveres through hard times.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a difference between "illegal" and "legal"... Surprise!

Last edited:
i thought he was a pretty good president, i loved having him in office. i really am gonna miss him..

See. I can respect Hopeless Opus even though I disagree with her on many fronts.

Last edited:
Sidenote: What are your opinions on Milo Yiannopoulos? I love him lmao

Well. I'm done conversing. Going to focus on relaxing and having fun! How about that for a chance? Haha... spend too much time sharing my worthless opinion that won't change anything. :)

Well. I'm done conversing. Going to focus on relaxing and having fun! How about that for a chance? Haha... spend too much time sharing my worthless opinion that won't change anything. :)

Down with modern feminism down with racism down with Hitler Team USA!!!!!!

There I brought this to an end.

Yes. "Great job."

*cough* increases racial divides *cough*
*cough* doesn't care about the 10th amendment *cough*
*cough* forced people to have insurance *cough*
*cough* 2% GDP growth in seven years *cough*

Shall I keep coughing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Shameful history? Do you research!

Yes. We fooked up on things that other countries fooked up on too but we are a nation that had spread democracy across the world, a world power, helped fight diseases, gave the world a strong point on the economical side of things.

We are a diverse country. The most diverse I believe. Have another country even attempt to have 10% increase in a minority. I dare the results.

- - - Post Merge - - -

immoral and outdated?

Poor, purple penguin...

For one...

LGBTQ Marriage was legalized.
Many are still against abortion.
Many find religious freedom and tolerance here through the law.

You are uneducated, my purple penguin.

wow looks like i accidentally struck a nerve with you, huh.
i would go and pull up sources and research like i often do with my class projects, but as a result of past experiences, i dont try to reason with someone who excuses a shameful history because "other countries fooked up on too" and thinks that because america is diverse that we do not have a white supremacy issue here.

also you sound very, very upset with my thoughts here. i dont mean to personally attack you if thats what your feeling. in fact i don't recall even directing my original post to you. that was on your poll, remeber? the one you didn't word out so well?
wonderful preach on what this amazing, flawless country has done for the rest of the world. such progression, such diversity. i'm sure whoever had told you those things will be proud that you rehearsed it online.

not exactly sure what this purple penguin/gender inclusive stuff means to a conversation about presidency. i assume its an passive aggressive attempt to get personal with me, but your gonna need to take a deep breath, and relax. if you can't handle your emotions with politics and discussions with a child's level of condescending, and attempt at a flame war because you get upset, i don't think its a good idea for you to click on political threads.

anyways, diversity is a great thing. but food is what really brings people together.

wow looks like i accidentally struck a nerve with you, huh.
i would go and pull up sources and research like i often do with my class projects, but as a result of past experiences, i dont try to reason with someone who excuses a shameful history because "other countries fooked up on too" and thinks that because america is diverse that we do not have a white supremacy issue here.

also you sound very, very upset with my thoughts here. i dont mean to personally attack you if thats what your feeling. in fact i don't recall even directing my original post to you. that was on your poll, remeber? the one you didn't word out so well?
wonderful preach on what this amazing, flawless country has done for the rest of the world. such progression, such diversity. i'm sure whoever had told you those things will be proud that you rehearsed it online.

not exactly sure what this purple penguin/gender inclusive stuff means to a conversation about presidency. i assume its an passive aggressive attempt to get personal with me, but your gonna need to take a deep breath, and relax. if you can't handle your emotions with politics and discussions with a child's level of condescending, and attempt at a flame war because you get upset, i don't think its a good idea for you to click on political threads.

anyways, diversity is a great thing. but food is what really brings people together.

True. A good drunk Denny's meal at 3 am after the club always brought my friends and I together. One time there was even a drunk white girl fight.

I'm American. I believe in the holy democracy, the right to freee speech..

lmao - trying to reference a gospel song

Yes daddy. Can you tuck me into bed now? .-. Seriously?

By the way. Stop being a purple penguin.

Hahahahaha, ok "purple penguin", what ever you feel like thinking. Its obvious to me that you're an irrational person who gets a kick out of sharing their political opinions to people, which I won't try and stop you on that. Someone could tell you "I like obama" and you would reply with "what????? how can you LIKE obama. this this this obama was terrible".

So yes "purple penguin", I see no reason to keep getting in conflict with you. I'll let you berate people for being liberals all you want, it doesn't effect my well being.

By the way, heres a fun fact about "purple penguins". "Purple penguins" originates from a Nebraska school district. Nebraska is a red state, so I find it slightly ironic how you're using it as a way of insulting me somehow. :lemon:

Back