What is your opinion of Obama's presidency?

What is your opinion of Obama's presidency?

• He did an excellent job and was one of the best presidents in U.S. history.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • He was better than recent presidents, but not historically great.

Votes: 38 38.8%
  • He was okay, but not much different than recent presidents.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • He was worse than recent presidents, but not historically bad.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • He did a terrible job and will go down as one of the worst presidents.

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters
I think Obama was above-average. The country was in a better spot after Clinton than Obama, but I think Clinton had a better starting point to work with. Part of Obama's legacy will be that he undid bad stuff like DOMA and Don't Ask Don't Tell which Bill Clinton signed into law.

That's a good point. Obama is overall very mixed IMO but mainly because Republicans were completely unwilling to work with him in Congress. However, DOMA was largely undone by the Supreme Court, not Obama himself.

Last edited:
hes a muslim

You do know muslim is a religion right?
mhmsureNY.jpg

As for the question, I think he did great with what he had. I wouldn't mind an extra 8 years with the Obamas tbh.

I chose the second option, but I'm definitely going to miss him when he leaves. I got all sad when I heard Obama was going to give his Farewell Address soon on the news a few minutes ago :c

He was better than recent presidents, but not historically great. I was talking to my mom earlier actually and said it was pretty sad to see him go because we'll probably never have another black president again. If we do it'll be YEARS from now.

Most young people...
Like Obama
Like Bernie
Care about LGBT

He was better than recent presidents, but not historically great. I was talking to my mom earlier actually and said it was pretty sad to see him go because we'll probably never have another black president again. If we do it'll be YEARS from now.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised about that, considering we failed to elect the first female president.

I chose the second option, but I'm definitely going to miss him when he leaves. I got all sad when I heard Obama was going to give his Farewell Address soon on the news a few minutes ago :c

I know, it's pretty unfortunate to actually see the end of an era. I 'member when Obama was first inaugurated, I was in the 10th grade. I even saw his inauguration speech on that very day. I can't believe time has passed that much already. Some things may take a long time, but when it gets to the end, feelings tend to get pretty weird because there's nothing left.

His presidency? I think he did a great job. Of course there are some things he spoke on that I don't agree with, but hes done a lot to make a positive change to this country starting with his presidency.
Overall he and his family has a lot more class and I think they represented well.
I just adore him as a person as well. He has such a fun and classy personality.

Given this country's shameful history I really hope that we can have another president like him in the future. Rather than conserve the country's outdated and immoral ways, it'll be a progression to actually be what we are supposed to stand for.

Last edited:
Yes. "Great job."

*cough* increases racial divides *cough*
*cough* doesn't care about the 10th amendment *cough*
*cough* forced people to have insurance *cough*
*cough* 2% GDP growth in seven years *cough*

Shall I keep coughing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Shameful history? Do you research!

Yes. We fooked up on things that other countries fooked up on too but we are a nation that had spread democracy across the world, a world power, helped fight diseases, gave the world a strong point on the economical side of things.

We are a diverse country. The most diverse I believe. Have another country even attempt to have 10% increase in a minority. I dare the results.

- - - Post Merge - - -

immoral and outdated?

Poor, purple penguin...

For one...

LGBTQ Marriage was legalized.
Many are still against abortion.
Many find religious freedom and tolerance here through the law.

You are uneducated, my purple penguin.

Yes. "Great job."

*cough* increases racial divides *cough*
*cough* doesn't care about the 10th amendment *cough*
*cough* forced people to have insurance *cough*
*cough* 2% GDP growth in seven years *cough*

Shall I keep coughing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Shameful history? Do you research!

Yes. We fooked up on things that other countries fooked up on too but we are a nation that had spread democracy across the world, a world power, helped fight diseases, gave the world a strong point on the economical side of things.

We are a diverse country. The most diverse I believe. Have another country even attempt to have 10% increase in a minority. I dare the results.

- - - Post Merge - - -

immoral and outdated?

Poor, purple penguin...

For one...

LGBTQ Marriage was legalized.
Many are still against abortion.
Many find religious freedom and tolerance here through the law.

Purple Penguin?

Purple Penguin?

I was making fun of the fact that some grade schools influence or require children in 1st grade+, even Kindegarten to call each other and have the teachers call them "purple penguin" because of their self-identity.

Last edited:
I was making fun of the fact that some grade schools influence or require children in 1st grade+, even Kindegarten to call each other and have the teachers call them "purple penguin" because of their self-identity.

I've never heard that before, must be an US thing.

Last edited:

- - - Post Merge - - -
Poor, purple penguin...

You're putting america on a high shelf without checking the facts. A quick google search shows that america is in fact not the most diverse country in the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/18/the-most-and-least-culturally-diverse-countries-in-the-world/

Also, stop being so condescending of a person.

X'D And they say liberals are more intolerant...

For me its more like "those crazy liberals" in my school, stuff like that.

Its funny really, because I remember Irhaskell mentioned before that teachers shouldn't be trying to influence their students about their political opinions, when my sister takes a high school college course where the professor mentioned politics on day 1 saying "Alright, so we have the conservatives, and we have the lunatic liberals.".

Last edited:
Back