• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How would you explain TBT to over-sensitive moms?

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
If a mom says this site is inappropriate for children, how would you go at it? Just a what if questions since a lot of parents are over-sensitive with certain websites these days..

When I was younger I thought this site was pretty crazy. That being said, it was a bit crazier then. One time I was linked here from AXA when I was probably 11-12 years old to Gnome flaming a ton of users. I did not know why he was so angry and to be honest I had no interest in learning.

I think the site is very tame now. If a parent was looking for a place for their 8 year old to play Animal Crossing online, I would definitely suggest ACC as it is more strict and kids won't be staring at anime booty in every other signature.

When I was younger I thought this site was pretty crazy. That being said, it was a bit crazier then. One time I was linked here from AXA when I was probably 11-12 years old to Gnome flaming a ton of users. I did not know why he was so angry and to be honest I had no interest in learning.

I think the site is very tame now. If a parent was looking for a place for their 8 year old to play Animal Crossing online, I would definitely suggest ACC as it is more strict and kids won't be staring at anime booty in every other signature.

That's good but I mean, how would you make that parent accept this site.

That's good but I mean, how would you make that parent accept this site.

People are always going to have opinions. If a parent doesn't want their kid on here, that is within their own judgment as a parent.

I don't really think it's inappropriate for children, if only for the fact that (just like in online gaming in general) they have to always keep their guard up and be smart about how the engage with others to avoid getting scammed.

But then again, that's a skill learned with age and experience, and there's no site in this world that will ever cover your butt if you lack basic common sense.

To comply with COPPA, you have to be 13 to register anyway.

Probably just say the site is heavily moderated or something. Perhaps a little too heavily moderated in my opinion.

Tell her this site will keep you distracted from "exploring" other stuff online.

Wouldn't, to be honest. The Internet is very subjective. You've gotta be a certain type of person to be able to stand it.

In my experience you cant change strict parents' minds. They have a fantasy grown in their mind and you really cant do much to change it.

That said, if they dont allow you on an Animal Crossing forum, I assume you arent allowed anywhere else on the internet either. An Animal Crossing forum is pretty tame imo anyway.

That said, if they dont allow you on an Animal Crossing forum, I assume you arent allowed anywhere else on the internet either.

True, lol. I guess the difference with this may be if you have an account, you're talking to strangers and they're gonna kidnap you or something bizarre along those lines.

Back