• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Piercings

Just curious, does getting a cartilage piercing hurt? I'm seriously considering getting one and my friend told me that it doesn't hurt too badly but sleeping can get quite painful. If someone could tell me a bit about it that'd be awesome.

Can you define which part of your cartilage you want Done? Pain will vary from person to person, but the actual piercing procedure is quick, and a hard pinch. It's after where it gets tender. Inner ear cartridge piercings, such as rook and daith, from my personal experience, sleeping on it doesn't hurt. It's also nice because they don't snag on anything. Outer cartilage, such as helix, tragus, conch, industrial snag a lot more and can be irritated more easily. Even then if it's done properly it's not unbearable

Can you define which part of your cartilage you want Done? Pain will vary from person to person, but the actual piercing procedure is quick, and a hard pinch. It's after where it gets tender. Inner ear cartridge piercings, such as rook and daith, from my personal experience, sleeping on it doesn't hurt. It's also nice because they don't snag on anything. Outer cartilage, such as helix, tragus, conch, industrial snag a lot more and can be irritated more easily. Even then if it's done properly it's not unbearable

Whoops my bad! Didn't realize they had so many different terms. I definitely want outer cartilage and I'm pretty sure the one I would want is helix, which is a little concerning since you say that snag a lot.

Last edited:
Whoops my bad! Didn't realize they had so many different terms. I definitely want outer cartilage and I'm pretty sure the one I would want is helix, which is a little concerning since you say that snag a lot.

You will learn to deal with it. Don't let it put you off of It! You'll do it a few times and learn from it.

I'm a little biased, I love inner ear piercings because they can be so unique. In my opinion

You will learn to deal with it. Don't let it put you off of It! You'll do it a few times and learn from it.

I'm a little biased, I love inner ear piercings because they can be so unique. In my opinion

I want an inner ear piercing too! Eventually...

I have the standard lobe and the upper lobe pierced on both ears, and I have a helix pierced on one ear. Considering getting another helix on the same ear, kind of close to my first helix. I played with the idea of getting my belly button pierced, but my boyfriend poopooed that idea.

I only have my earlobes pierced. Wanted more but unfortunately got an allergic reaction from just that TT So I've been straying away from it for now.

I have my ears pierced and one of them is stretched to a 5/8ths gauge. I have my lip pierced and I've previously self pierced it both as a monroe and a labret but in a different spot. I hope to get a second labret next to my current one to make a spider bite. I wear a dainty little start in it and it would be cool to get a moon next to it. =D I also want to get my non-gauged ear pierced several more times to kind of "even" it out with the large gauge and i hope to get my septum done at some point.

i only have one earlobe piercing in each ear the the moment. in the future, i plan to get 2 piercings in each ear.

I've never been into piercings. I have quite a few tattoos but when it comes to making actually holes in myself I just don't know :-/
So I only have my earlobes done. I did consider having them stretched just slightly but I changed my mind after thinking they probably won't ever stretch back or something

Personally I don't like them, I'm against anything that defiles your body including Tattoos. I hate the idea of abusing your body like that and I would never do it, even if it looks "cool" its disrespectful to your body.

i dont have any piercings, not even my ears but i'd like to get some. i love the way cheek piercings look but it'd probably really annoy me to have it so ):
i wanna get my ears pierced some day but i dont really care that much lmao ...

I've had my earlobes pierced on and off since I was eight. My lobes don't react well to it though, so they get really infected no matter how much I clean them, forcing me to take them out. I do, however, have my septum and lip pierced. I want to get my eyebrow pierced, maybe my tongue. Other than that, I'm okay with what I've got. c:

dead thread bump alert

I've got one ear stretched, I did have both pierced but because of my hearing it was difficult for me to keep it in. I had my cartilage done, but it tore through my ear while I was sleeping so I have a nice wedge in my ear now lol. So all I've got atm is my right ear and my medusa.

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask my mum if I can get a helix piercing so I'll just get it done at the end of the year and not tell her LMAO oops

I don't really like too many piercings. They gross me out. XP I have my earlobes pierced and constantly forget I have them. I'm surprised they haven't closed by now.

I have three piercings on each ear, and a lip piercing. I think I'm done for now.

I have my left ear pierced once. I wanted to get an earring like Howl from Howl's Moving Castle, and in the books he had only his left ear pierced. However, I would like to get a total of 7 piercings in one ear and sport a rainbow of earrings.

I have my earlobes pierced three times on each ear, cartilage on my left ear, septum, and (kinda TMI) both nipples.

I've also had my bridge and lip done before but got sick of them. All of my piercings healed nicely tho.

None of them really hurt because I like pain usually but the nipples were awful. I wanted to jump off the table when the needle went through the first one.

Ears pierced twice, I will get my third done soon. I hope to get some kind of nose piercing eventually too.

Last edited:
There's definitely a limit to piercings. I don't personally have any, but I think they look cool on other people. I've noticed a lot of thots have nose rings ... hmm.

Back