• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Completing Towns

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Switch
0000-0000-0000
For those who completed their towns, how did it feel coming to an end? Knowing you were 80% done with your town?

For those who are completing their towns, how does it feel completing it? How does all that work you put in feel?

I'm 65%-75% done with my town. That's including houses, finishing touches, upgrades, badges, Katrina's shop, the fish-bugs-deep sea creatures donations in the museum. Getting the rest of my dreamies (I already know people with their cards). That's mainly what I have left to do. I also need to find two-three more golden room sets... luckily I know other addicts.

One more weekend, maybe two and I might be done. Definitely by spring break. What am I going to do after? :-/ Play the gamecube version, enjoy my town, build another town with or without a second cartridge? I do want to play the GG version...

Sidenote : Dream Address has not been updated. If you dream of my town, it's pleasant but doesn't give a visual of what it is now.

Last edited:
Ugh. Whenever I'm 80% done with my town, I always start over. I've been playing this game since the day it came out in NA and I've never even fully completed a town yet...

I've completed a few towns. Usually picky and I'll change a few things. Happy for a while. Then kinda bored I guess?

If completing a town means also having all bugs—which include tarantulas and spiders—I will never get there. (Those creep me out.)

I'm probably around 80% done with my main town, I haven't really played on it for years now, but I started a second town last summer, and I've been playing a bit on it.
I am going to finish my main town eventually though.

I have no intention to *complete* any of my towns. I treat them as a WIP. I play the game, the game doesn't play me.

I've never actually "completed" any of my towns. Bunifrey is easily the closest, with all of my perma-villagers, perfect town status and such, but I've never completed the museum donations, fully upgraded/furnished my mule characters houses, etcetera.

I just play day by day, and if I ever complete a town, then great. If not, meh.

My first town Sapphire is about 90% finished, and my second town Ruby is about 64% finished. Once I finish Sapphire, I intend to just enjoy my town and manage it, while finishing up Ruby. And once I finish Ruby, then I'll be able to enjoy playing in two beautiful towns. c:

I feel at that point you can enjoy your town for a while and invite friends to come over and enjoy it, build friendships with your villagers and screen the funny things they say, make new designs, create new paths, switch through different types of villagers, try changing your town tune, or town theme. You can relandscape, change your house (inside or out) go to the island and earn some metals, start over again. It seems repetitive but the game with no levels, never ends. You can always find ways to freshen it up. Or you could set it aside for a while and come back and enjoy it. I binge play a lot then stop for months, not intentionally but it builds my anticipation to play.

I wouldn't mind having a completed Museum, but I know it'll probably take me another few years because I lack time to play (full time job and all that fun stuff). I don't mind not having a "completed" town, though. My town isn't perfect, but it's not in bad shape.

Maybe I'm 80-85% done, and I love the feeling knowing the worst was done ages ago (getting Katrina's shop, getting all the PWPs, etc) and also walking around your town and seeing everything start to come together, and seeing all the pretty spots. I just have to make the town come together properly and finish two houses, then I'm done :D

I don't think I will ever complete my town, I'm always doing new things with it. Changing villagers, changing plots, trying different PWP's, redecorating my house. Just keeps things interesting. I've completed the museum, I'm trying to complete all badges then I'm going to try and get all villager pictures. I've recently changed the layout of my town since the update made plotting a bit easier
I think there will always be something to do, just keep setting myself new goals

I have completed the museum, still have a few more badges to get, villager homes to remodel and new items to obtain. Tweaks to mayors home along with character homes so I'm not sure I will ever be finished. But if that were to happen, I have three more towns to look forward too! :)

Pemberly is the only town that ever felt "complete" to me. I've had it forever and a few days ago I decided to change a few things around, so I suppose it'll never be truly complete.

I've never completed a town before. Every town I get past most of the landscaping and get bored. Right now I have no motivation to play my main town or my new town. The struggle. I want to play but I know I just wont have fun playing it.

I'm 80% done, I usually find things that don't fit very well or an area that I have gotten bored of needs redoing, I currently have two rather large areas in my town that need some work but I don't really TT so it'll take a while but I'm more than happy taking it slow. :] I also have my diving collection complete and about 3-4 bugs/fish to catch before completing my museum and encyclopaedia. Whether or not I'll keep this town after it's 100% done, I'm unsure, depends on if I get bored of playing tbh.

Most of my towns are a WIP. One town outside is complete and I'm have no plans on changing it. The inside in a few houses need a change. For that town I have it stuck on the same date. Go in and play on that date or play until a villager asked to move. Stop them and than freeze it.

I'm happy with my main and guest town for now. Both mayors have all their badges. Once I month I do a walk around the town or dream the other towns to see what can be changed. It's nice visiting dreaming one of my towns with no villager pinging.

I just ordered all the Sanrio items and haven't tried them in a house yet. Some of the pieces look nice so I might change the young player house. I do wish that the Sanrio cards came with more pieces to fill the room.

Back