• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Editing a comment makes you loose TBT??

Forestdweller73

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I had 10 TBT, enough to buy something off someones shop. I had to edit my post because I misspelled something and I lost 1TBT!
How do i gain more TBT? This is all new and confusing to me. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

ARGH now posting this thread it says i have 15!!!:mad:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Now 9! Im so confused...

Just post and be active for more TBT. Don't worry about it slightly changin'.

When you post, you gain TBT Bells. When you edit your comment, the original payment is removed and the correct amount for the original replaces it.

For example, if you made 5 bells on a post with 200 characters, but edited it to 150, you will instead only receive 4. These are not the actual numbers, just an example.

Last edited:
I notice you lose TBT if you take away characters on posts you make. Just keep posting and you'll be fine! I'll give you a bit as a nudge forward, though. :)

When you edit a post, you get TBT for making a "new" post, and lose TBT for "deleting" the "old" one. So if you edit a post and make it longer, you'll gain some TBT and lose some, but you'll gain more than you lose. If you edit a post and make it shorter, you'll lose more TBT than you gain depending on how much shorter you make it.

Back