Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
ok...

1. Why do some players don't want other players to talk to their villagers? Is it for a specific reason, 'cause the only one I can think of is just them being obnoxious and unnecessarily controling.

I had more questions... but I forgot them:3

That's so weird I love talking to other peoples villagers! Maybe because they want whatever transaction is happening to go faster? Or maybe if it's something quick like a trade they don't want to hear about your town from the villagers you talked to?

I seriously haven't figured it out, I've been thinking it's because of a specific reason or just the players are flat out... mean? not mean, I can't think of the word to describe them, only in spanish xD
But anyways, I've just been growing even more curious as I find out that a lot of players seem to do that.
Maybe it is the transaction? Darn, I really want to know why:p

I remember in the City Folk Days i used to play a lot (and i mean a lot) online. I really enjoy the game in that way and met great people who became (in that time) my friends. Their Neighbors used to know my Villager as my own Villagers do.

In that experience i remember that some people i used to play with tell that please don't talk to my Villagers. I was like... "Why not?" but then i see that they want to keep the Villager in a original form (i don't know what's the relationship between have a original Neighbor and the relationship with you Villager) but at least i remember that was one of the reasons.

Weird...

I seriously haven't figured it out, I've been thinking it's because of a specific reason or just the players are flat out... mean? not mean, I can't think of the word to describe them, only in spanish xD
But anyways, I've just been growing even more curious as I find out that a lot of players seem to do that.
Maybe it is the transaction? Darn, I really want to know why:p

Oh! Maybe (assuming you have went to people to pick up their villagers in boxes) it's because when you talk to villagers it lowers the chance of the villager in boxes moving to your town or something. Besides that they are probably just mean haha.

I've seen it listed as a common etiquette rule for visiting towns, so there has to be a reason (other than the players being flat-out mean or selfish).
My theory was similar to BrinaLouWho's - that they don't want to have their villagers talk about hoards of other people. I could see that happening with the more popular villagers that everyone wants to have a chat with :eek:

Guys, it's mostly because once you talk to someone's villagers, those villagers will mention talking to you, and might even ping them about it. Some people don't like hearing their villagers talk about random players they probably won't even remember, and it's fair for them to ask that. It's not being obnoxious. Hopefully I've cleared this up for you guys!

In that experience i remember that some people i used to play with tell that please don't talk to my Villagers. I was like... "Why not?" but then i see that they want to keep the Villager in a original form (i don't know what's the relationship between have a original Neighbor and the relationship with you Villager) but at least i remember that was one of the reasons.

That was actually another thing that I saw a bit strange in the TBT forums; in the Villager trading plaza, people post that there are moving/selling 100% original villagers, I thought it was an advertisement move, but apparently not? with what you just wrote. sheesh, people can be sooooo picky, I just find it annoying. the game is a casual fun thing, I don't see the need to get to uptight about it.

Oh oh I know this one! It's because if a different mayor talks to your villagers, they will continue to bring that mayor up again forever! So they'll say "Remember so and so, she was really great, she should visit again" for example. I don't mind too much if it's a nice Mayor/Town name but some I've seen would bug me no end if my villager kept bringing it up!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Woop Arize bet me to the punch! But yep 100% agree with her statement :) Totally up to each mayor as to what happens in their town!

Well, I guess that when you put it that way that really can get annoying. I still feel that people can get really uptight about the game anyways. But that's just my opinion.

Well, I guess that when you put it that way that really can get annoying. I still feel that people can get really uptight about the game anyways. But that's just my opinion.

I always figured it was because, during transactions like that, it's always that they want you do get your items / villager and then leave, not stick around. I know I don't like following around a random from the forums to keep an eye on them so they don't ruin my town. In the earlier games seeding was an issue but now it's just a issue of wanting to keep things short and sweet. Also, as people have said, they want the Villagers to bring up only people the remember or are friends with, not some random stranger you traded with and then never talked to ever again.

It's not so much being uptight as being careful and not wanting a stranger alone in your town for too long.

I agree with the general view, villagers will mention the visitor to their Mayor & it lengthens the visit, some players don't like it
I guess there may be the unfounded worry that if a visitor talks to your villager, that villager is more likely to move. It's not so, but some players might think it, especially if you visit their favourites.

I do talk to villagers in dream towns - & wonder does the villager them comment on this to their Mayor? I don't think they do.

I visited one of my towns' dream address with another of my games - and I did get some sort of comment from a villager - ie they seemed to recognise me in the dream (I had in the past wifie'd (well DS to DS) between the towns) unfortunately I didn't take much note at the time, but will try that one again sometime.

I agree with the general view, villagers will mention the visitor to their Mayor & it lengthens the visit, some players don't like it
I guess there may be the unfounded worry that if a visitor talks to your villager, that villager is more likely to move. It's not so, but some players might think it, especially if you visit their favourites.

I do talk to villagers in dream towns - & wonder does the villager them comment on this to their Mayor? I don't think they do.

I visited one of my towns' dream address with another of my games - and I did get some sort of comment from a villager - ie they seemed to recognise me in the dream (I had in the past wifie'd (well DS to DS) between the towns) unfortunately I didn't take much note at the time, but will try that one again sometime.

Yeah villagers will know if they were visited in their dream town. I'll hear about villagers having 'dreams' about players visiting them.

That was actually another thing that I saw a bit strange in the TBT forums; in the Villager trading plaza, people post that there are moving/selling 100% original villagers, I thought it was an advertisement move, but apparently not? with what you just wrote. sheesh, people can be sooooo picky, I just find it annoying. the game is a casual fun thing, I don't see the need to get to uptight about it.

I don't think that actually changes anything, since I can't imagine that that's transferred when you adopt a villager. The 100% original thing is that they have their original phrase, furniture and shirt, since a lot of people want the villager for the aesthetic as well, and furniture and shirt can be very hard to change back.

Apart from they don't want their villagers to constantly mention some random people's name, they also probably don't want people to wander around town since you have to go deeper if you plan to talk to everyone or like this villager lives in a specific part where there are many hybrids, bushes and trees, so I guess they're just being cautious about someone possibly stealing the flowers and destroying the landscape. Not that everyone would do that but you get the idea.

Is it also because the villager may move into the player's town if they don't have the maximum number of villagers already?

Back