• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town progress after the Welcome Amiibo Update

Rochelle

Mayor of Fables
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Hey guys! I just posted on the screenshot thread, but then I thought, why not make a thread about everyones (most likely increased!) progress now the Welcome Amiibo Update is well and truly out!

I know for me, I hadn't picked up acnl for probably months before I knew about the update, now everything is so new and fresh! I've been able to rejig some rooms with awesome new WA items, I'm now working towards more MEOW coupons everyday instead of just logging in to make sure none of my villagers want to move and promptly logging out again, I'm also planning on moving the lovely Vivian into my town soon, so that is something to work towards (and SO glad they don't plot on patterns anymore!) and I'm just generally enjoying my town again a whole lot more!

What are your favourite new tasks/items/villagers that have come from the Welcome Amiibo update, and how has that helped you to gain momentum back to make your town great!

And the obligatory progress shots (find em on http://fablesandfaerietales.tumblr.com too!)

tumblr_ojhqq383Wd1ug20xvo6_400.png
tumblr_ojhqq383Wd1ug20xvo1_400.png

tumblr_ojhqq383Wd1ug20xvo2_400.png
tumblr_ojhqq383Wd1ug20xvo3_400.png

tumblr_ojhqq383Wd1ug20xvo8_400.png
tumblr_ojhqq383Wd1ug20xvo4_400.png

I started a 2nd town right before the update, and I am LOVING that villagers don't move onto paths. Since there are new villagers I want, and villagers that I don't feel too attached to yet, I can plan where they are moving to a lot better.

There is a section of land that I (didn't) cover with patterns, so that only my newbs move there xD
It feels so good to have more control over your layout in that way, and while my new town is ... very covered in patterns (and I can't use the machine to scan QR codes yet, lmao), I don't mind because it will be fun to slowly remove them as I add PWPs, and see the end result. Once I have 10 I like, I'll probs get rid of them for a while until I decide to switch someone out and then plot patterns where needed, but until I get more PWPs I basically have everything obnoxiously covered xD

-x-

In my main town, it helped because I have new wishlist items. It almost feels like having a brand new game, and I get excited to check Harvey's and other places, because I haven't seen everything already. It brings that excitement of checking items daily again, because you never know what you're going to find, and they're worth quite a bit trading/selling online now, too. So it's overall super exciting.

-x-

It also got me into playing again, and hunting around, to complete those MEOW point tasks.

I feel like there is still so much more I need to play around with, like the new puzzle game and I haven't check out the island game, however you play that.

-x-

The update also inspired me to find an additional forum than the other one I was a part of, so. I think that's pretty significant. xD

Last edited:
I started a 2nd town right before the update, and I am LOVING that villagers don't move onto paths. Since there are new villagers I want, and villagers that I don't feel too attached to yet, I can plan where they are moving to a lot better.

There is a section of land that I (didn't) cover with patterns, so that only my newbs move there xD
It feels so good to have more control over your layout in that way, and while my new town is ... very covered in patterns (and I can't use the machine to scan QR codes yet, lmao), I don't mind because it will be fun to slowly remove them as I add PWPs, and see the end result. Once I have 10 I like, I'll probs get rid of them for a while until I decide to switch someone out and then plot patterns where needed, but until I get more PWPs I basically have everything obnoxiously covered xD

-x-

In my main town, it helped because I have new wishlist items. It almost feels like having a brand new game, and I get excited to check Harvey's and other places, because I haven't seen everything already. It brings that excitement of checking items daily again, because you never know what you're going to find, and they're worth quite a bit trading/selling online now, too. So it's overall super exciting.

-x-

It also got me into playing again, and hunting around, to complete those MEOW point tasks.

I feel like there is still so much more I need to play around with, like the new puzzle game and I haven't check out the island game, however you play that.

-x-

The update also inspired me to find an additional forum than the other one I was a part of, so. I think that's pretty significant. xD

For sure one of the best things is having more control over where your villagers plot their houses! Just wish I'd had that ability back when I plot reset to one exact 3x3 place every time for all of my villagers - they're all in a straight line and two community hubs, so a LOT of work went into doing that!

Yeah I love checking the campground every day and seeing what is new, not to mention that there are HEAPS of new customisation choices with Cyrus now too, one of the things I love doing is seeing if I can make an item I like look even better!

I've got the Island game, it was so much more than I was expecting which is amazing, and hopefully if I fall in a rut with my town playing the mini games (once I have the puzzle one as well!) will just be another way to keep the game fresh! I just never ever expected an update of this magnitude so many years later! Onya Nintendo!

For sure one of the best things is having more control over where your villagers plot their houses! Just wish I'd had that ability back when I plot reset to one exact 3x3 place every time for all of my villagers - they're all in a straight line and two community hubs, so a LOT of work went into doing that!

Yeah I love checking the campground every day and seeing what is new, not to mention that there are HEAPS of new customisation choices with Cyrus now too, one of the things I love doing is seeing if I can make an item I like look even better!

Oh gosh, that would have taken forever, kudos, lol.

There are more customization options?! :O
I had no idea, I'm going to have to do some digging on the web to learn more about the new options. :D

Well. I've had my towns for a long time now. I'm mostly just adding some new furniture to some of the rooms. I have a Looney tunes room with Road Runner and Coyote. I added a bomb next to coyote, and it looks awesome. The Cyrus amiibo had some great pieces to add to my North Pole work shop. I also always wished I had all farm villagers in my farm town. I was able to do that really easy because of the update. No paths or special areas were ruined from new plots.

I also redecorated a room in Rainbow Brite's house. It used to look pretty bad. Now It's super cute, because of the new furniture and walls, and flooring.

My next mission is to get to work on my newest town. It has Anne of Green Gables, secret Garden, and Heidi as the characters. I think I'll get all new villagers from the amiibo cards, and try to make sure they plot in good spots. I'm looking forward to finish decorating the houses.

The update has been a lot of fun for me. It got me interested in playing again.

Oh gosh, that would have taken forever, kudos, lol.

There are more customization options?! :O
I had no idea, I'm going to have to do some digging on the web to learn more about the new options. :D

Thanks! It really really did lol! Can't wait to have Vivian perfect straight away!

Yep! This webpage here has most, if not all the options! The image quality isn't amazing but it certainly gets the job done. Made me add a lot more new items to my wishlist because I knew I could customize them!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well. I've had my towns for a long time now. I'm mostly just adding some new furniture to some of the rooms. I have a Looney tunes room with Road Runner and Coyote. I added a bomb next to coyote, and it looks awesome. The Cyrus amiibo had some great pieces to add to my North Pole work shop. I also always wished I had all farm villagers in my farm town. I was able to do that really easy because of the update. No paths or special areas were ruined from new plots.

I also redecorated a room in Rainbow Brite's house. It used to look pretty bad. Now It's super cute, because of the new furniture and walls, and flooring.

My next mission is to get to work on my newest town. It has Anne of Green Gables, secret Garden, and Heidi as the characters. I think I'll get all new villagers from the amiibo cards, and try to make sure they plot in good spots. I'm looking forward to finish decorating the houses.

The update has been a lot of fun for me. It got me interested in playing again.

I love hearing how the new update has reinvigorated our original towns, but also made people want to create whole new towns as well, gotta say the selling your town feature makes demolishing a town a lot less intimidating!

So glad you're enjoying playing again, I'm pretty sure that is the consensus of most people on here huh?!

*looks* *dies* So many good options, I am so excitedddddd! Thanks for the link! :D

Back