SunsetDelta

..oof
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Blue Hybrid Rose
Kirby Easter Egg
Silver Mailbox
All weekend I've been in the process of finding a map after selling my old town, Starview.
But like always, I got a new problem! D:

I have a few town names in mind, but I can't decide on which one I want to use. I also have a general idea of what theme I want to go with the names.
(I'm also conflicted on what villagers I want this time around, but that's for another day)

Feel free to post your own ideas if you don't want me to use any of the names/themes(which is why I have "Other" as a choice.)

Please help me pick out my Town Name/Theme! (◍?ᴗ?◍)

Honestly I think towns from the pokemon games serve great ideas (Lavender Town, Petalburg City, Cinnabar Island, etc) there's many many many to choose from. There's also a lot of different town themes to go with like fairytale, forest, desert, landmine, tropical, city, modern, etc. You could match up desired theme of town with the name. I think tropical towns are so fun! I also think deserty or egyptian towns are fun considering the plentiful public works there are for them. As for villagers I'd stick to a theme like wolves and bears and rabbits for a forest town, or punk looking villagers for an edgy town, etc. You could do a town full of the same species if you wanted just for fun. You could mix it all up. That's just all of my ideas! I'm personally thinking of getting a second town started up full of punker or rocker looking villagers. I also think it's a good idea to have at least 1 of each personality type to keep things interesting. Hope my ideas can help you!

I LOVE the idea of a fairy forest! You could make little mushroom rings, have lots of cedars and white and purple flowers, maybe some clovers. You could set-up your dream address in the early misty mornings. And Irisvale is a very fitting name for that theme.

I think star bay is best. There isn't too many ocean themed towns. Yet I see a lot of forest fairy pink towns.

star bay is different and interesting
some villagers could be octopi

Last edited:
Love the sound of Tenebris. There are already plenty of fairy forest towns, but something darker would be a nice change. Like a dark fantasy theme, not exactly a horror theme because that has been done a lot too at this point. Autumn would be a really good season for it, and I'm sure there's some villagers that would look superb in a dark fantasy town, like Lobo, Kiki, Bruce, and any other darker villagers. Seems like it could be a fun theme to play around with.

I keep a list if you're interested;

A;
Aeipathy(n); And enduring and consuming passion
Alate(adj); Having wings; lifted up in flight
Apricate(v): To bask in the sun
Apricity(n): the warmth of the sun in winter
Arcadian(adj); Idyllically innocent; simple and untroubled by fear or worry
Aubade(n): A love song sung at dawn
B;
Balter(v): To dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment.
Beamish(adj): Bright, cheerful, and optomistic
Brumous(adj): Of grey skies and winter days: filled with heavy clouds or fog: relating to winter or cold, sunless weather.
C;
Carousel(N); A merry-go-round
Coruscate(v); To reflect brilliantly; to sparkle
Cynefin(n): A Welch word for a place where a being feels it ought to live. It is where nature around you feels right and welcoming.
D;
Dulify(v): To make more agreeable, nullify; also, to sweeten
E;
Echt(adj): Real; Authentic; Geniune
Eglaf(n): A word that has no meaning; can be used in place of any other word
Eldritch(adj): Eerie, weird, spooky
Ethereal(n); Extremely delicate light, not of this world
Eunoia(n); Beautiful thinking, a well mind
F;
Fernweh(n); An ache for distant places; the craving for travel
Fusty(adj); old-fashioned or out-of-date
G;
Gigil(n); The overwhelming urge to squeeze or pinch something very cute
Glaucous(adj); Frosted; Pale bluish-grey, like morning fog
H;
Habilin(n): Anything given to somebody for safekeeping
Haimish(adj) Homey; cozy and unpretentious
Hiraeth(n); A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost places of your past
Hygge(n): A complete absence of anything annoying or emotionally overwhelming; taking pleasure from the presence of gentle, soothing things.
I;
Irenic(adj); Promoting peace
J;
K;
Kairos(n): The perfect, delicate, crucial moment: the fleeting rightness of time and place that creates the opportune atmosphere for action, words, or movement: also, weather.
Kalon(n); Beauty that is more than skin-deep
Komorebi(n): sunlight filtering though trees
L;
Lacuna(n): A blank space, a missing part
M;
Mangata(n): The glimmering, roadlike reflection the moon creates on water
Marahuyo(adj); To be enchanted
Meraki(n); The soul, creativity, or love put into something; the essence of yourself that is put into your work
Metanoia(n); The journey of changing one’s mind, heart, self, or way of life
Matutine(adj): Just before the dawn
Mizpah(n); The emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death
N;
Nelipot(n): One who walks barefoot.
Nepenthe(n); Something that can make you forget grief or suffering
Niveous(adj); Snowy or resembling snow
O;
Oblivion(n); The state of being unaware of what is happening around you
Offing(n): The deep, distant stretch of the ocean that is still visible from the land; the foreseeable future.
Orphic(adj): Mysterious and entrancing: beyond ordinary understanding.
Otios(adj); being at leisure; idle; indolent
P;
Paracosm(n): a detailed, prolonged imaginary world created by a child that includes human, animal, or alien creations
Paralian(n): One who lives by the sea
Pericope(n): A selection or extract from a book
Petrichor(n); The scent of rain on dry earth
Piffle(n): Nonsense, as trivial or senseless talk
Q;
R;
Rubatosis(n); The unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat
S;
Saudade(n); A feeling of nostalgic longing for something or someone that one was fond of and which has been lost. It often carries a fatalist tone and a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never really return. It was once described as ‘the love that remains’ or ‘the love that stays’ after someone is gone.
Schatzi(n); Sweetheart, darling
Selcouth(adj):Unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous
Sillage(n): The scent that lingers in the air, the trail left in the water, the impression made in space after something or someone has been gone, the trace of someone’s perfume
Sirimiri(n): A light rain, a fine drizzle
Sough(n): The gentle, soothing murmur of wind or water
Soigne'(adj): Possessing an aura of sophistication in dress, manner or design; presented or prepared with an elegance attained through care for the finer details.
Sulit(adj): Something that is worth it
Susurrus(n): A low soft sound, as of whispering or muttering or a quiet wind; a whisper or a rustling
Sweven(n): A vision seen in sleep; a dream.
Syzygy(n): an alignment of celestial bodies
T;
U;
Ubuntu(n); The belief that we are defined by our compassion and kindness toward others
Ukiyo(n): Literally "the floating world"- living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life.
V;
Vagary(n); An unpredictable instance, a wandering journey; a whimsical, wild, or unusual idea, desire, or action
Virago(n); A strong, brave, warlike woman; a woman who demonstrates exemplary and heroic qualities
Venters(n); What the wind or tide drives in from the ocean upon a wave
Viridity(n): Naive, innocence
W;
Wabisabi(n): the discovery of beauty in imperfection; the acceptance of the cycle of life and death.
Whelve(v); To bury something deep, to hide
X;
Y;
Z;

Love the sound of Tenebris. There are already plenty of fairy forest towns, but something darker would be a nice change. Like a dark fantasy theme, not exactly a horror theme because that has been done a lot too at this point. Autumn would be a really good season for it, and I'm sure there's some villagers that would look superb in a dark fantasy town, like Lobo, Kiki, Bruce, and any other darker villagers. Seems like it could be a fun theme to play around with.

Yessss. There are a ton of cute-sy or horror things, but sort of a dark tone to a town would be super cool! :D

I love the idea of setting the dream town in Autumn.

I voted for Irisvale just because I found the name so pretty, but I was torn between that and Tenebris! I feel that fairy forest themes are pretty common though, so I am kind of leaning more towards Tenebris now.

Honestly I think towns from the pokemon games serve great ideas (Lavender Town, Petalburg City, Cinnabar Island, etc) there's many many many to choose from. Hope my ideas can help you!

Thank you for the advice! The Pok?mon series has some really nice city/town names.

I LOVE the idea of a fairy forest! You could make little mushroom rings, have lots of cedars and white and purple flowers, maybe some clovers. You could set-up your dream address in the early misty mornings. And Irisvale is a very fitting name for that theme.

Ooh those ideas sound really cute! And thank you! I thought Irisvale sounded super pretty and fitting.

I think star bay is best. There isn't too many ocean themed towns. Yet I see a lot of forest fairy pink towns.

I'm aware that there aren't that many ocean towns, and that makes me sad. It's a very cute concept imo.

Star Bay is very cute and original. I'd love to see your ocean dream town someday~

Thank you! It kinda sounds like a world or level from the Kirby games. (And I love Kirby.)

star bay is different and interesting
some villagers could be octopi

The Octopi villagers would be perfect for Star Bay!

Ahaha thank you! Dark, spooky, and melancholic forests have always caught my interest more than the typical cute fairy forests. I really dig your ideas. Autumn is one of my favorite seasons(2nd to Winter). The villagers sound cute too (I adore Lobo and Bruce, and Kiki is a cutie.)

Star Bay sounds like a dream town I would love to visit someday :blush:

Others have said this too! But I'm going to wait for a few more votes and opinions before I decide.

I keep a list if you're interested;

-Snip-

Wow that's quite a list! There's plenty of really good town name ideas in here!

Yessss. There are a ton of cute-sy or horror things, but sort of a dark tone to a town would be super cool! :D

I love the idea of setting the dream town in Autumn.

True true, cute things are pretty common. Which is why Tenebris came to mind.

I voted for Irisvale just because I found the name so pretty, but I was torn between that and Tenebris! I feel that fairy forest themes are pretty common though, so I am kind of leaning more towards Tenebris now.

Yeah I love the name too, shame the theme is really common. But I can't help myself. I kinda dig it.

Still waiting for some more votes and opinions ( ? ▽ ` )ノ

All weekend I've been in the process of finding a map after selling my old town, Starview.
But like always, I got a new problem! D:

I have a few town names in mind, but I can't decide on which one I want to use. I also have a general idea of what theme I want to go with the names.
(I'm also conflicted on what villagers I want this time around, but that's for another day)

Feel free to post your own ideas if you don't want me to use any of the names/themes(which is why I have "Other" as a choice.)

Please help me pick out my Town Name/Theme! (◍?ᴗ?◍)

Funny, my town before I accidentally Erased it was named StarView!

I am one with Latin words (#GoogleTranslate xD)
Now to the names...

Echo; Could be Negative(Echoing Dark themes) or Positive(Echoing brighter themes).

Animus; Latin for Mind, feeling, soul, etc. A theme that touches your emotions?

Fabula; Latin for Myth, Story, Drama, etc. A theme that represents the impossible.

Historia; Latin for History, Story, etc. A theme that displays some history, somehow. Broken looking pwps sound good.

Quies; Latin for Peace, Repose, Calm, etc. A theme that conveys balance. Using not-so-flashy colors can help. Zen may also help.

That's as far as I can pitch! Let's see what you can bat.

Funny, my town before I accidentally Erased it was named StarView!

I am one with Latin words (#GoogleTranslate xD)
Now to the names...

Echo; Could be Negative(Echoing Dark themes) or Positive(Echoing brighter themes).

Animus; Latin for Mind, feeling, soul, etc. A theme that touches your emotions?

Fabula; Latin for Myth, Story, Drama, etc. A theme that represents the impossible.

Historia; Latin for History, Story, etc. A theme that displays some history, somehow. Broken looking pwps sound good.

Quies; Latin for Peace, Repose, Calm, etc. A theme that conveys balance. Using not-so-flashy colors can help. Zen may also help.

That's as far as I can pitch! Let's see what you can bat.

Hah, great minds think alike.

I frickin love Echo omg it sounds like a perfect resident name for Tenebris! (Maybe some spooky spirit that haunts/stalks the poor mayor even tho he/she wants to be friends with them or something)

The others sound great too! Quies sounds like a great name for a Zen Town.

If you ever choose star bay I can give you inkwell and Octavian for free :D

Aww thank you! But I already have the Amiibo for Inkwell x) I'd love to adopt Octavian, though! (If I pick Star Bay)

I think I'm almost ready to decide, but I'm still open for more opinions/ideas!

I think star bay sounds the best! Ocean themed towns are not very common and therefore usually end up doing really unique and pretty! Forest and fairy-tale towns are overdone to death so I think a change might be nice!

I love the name "Echo" for one of the residents or major! :D

I know right it's a perfect fit for Tenebris!

I think star bay sounds the best! Ocean themed towns are not very common and therefore usually end up doing really unique and pretty! Forest and fairy-tale towns are overdone to death so I think a change might be nice!

I definitely agree.. They're super common, but they look so pretty? Which is why I wanted to try it?

OK, well I slept on it, thought about it, and I've made my decision!

Star Bay!

To be honest, I was kinda hoping Star Bay would win the popular vote? During the process of elimination I was listing the pros and cons of each of the choices.. And ultimately settled on Star Bay! Looking for a map now.

Also I won't be online for a while because my internet is acting up.. I might be back on Wednesday. Thanks to those who voted/voiced their opinions and ideas! (◍?ᴗ?◍)

I voted Star Bay. Cute name and also the theme is different, I've seen lots of forest type themes so a Sailor/Ocean one sounds really cool :D

Back