• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Old villagers in main street, how to get them back?

nevermind019283

Bells
Okay so I understand the whole cycle through 16 villagers if you want to invite back the ones on main street but I'm a little confused. How do you invite them back? I have a campsite so do they have to appear there and is there chance of appearance even garunteed or random considering how many villagers there are? I have around 3 villagers at the shopping centers that recently moved out and I want em back. :-(

Last edited:
To my understanding, after you cycle the 16 out and they no longer appear on mainstreet, you can get them back in the following ways:

1. Invite them from someone else's town, if they're in boxes
2. Amiibo card
3. Wait for them to randomly re-spawn when you have an open villager slot (they won't re-spawn when they still appear in main street)
4. Wait for them to randomly spawn at the campsite

I think 3/4 can take quite a bit of time, but to my understanding, that's how it works?

Oh ok. That bites. >:-( I think I'm just gonna give in and buy some Amiibo cards and keep all the annoying villagers at main street. I want my originals back.

Oh ok. That bites. >:-( I think I'm just gonna give in and buy some Amiibo cards and keep all the annoying villagers at main street. I want my originals back.

Yeah, it really sucks when someone you like moves out :/ Best of luck finding some cards for your originals that aren't too expensive!

Depending on who left and how popular they are, you might be able to find someone with a "village cycle" town that has them in boxes. I think if you want to go for speed, amiibo cards are the way to go, but if you don't want to spend the $, finding someone who has the villager and is cycling them out would be the second fastest route.

I'll probably just hang around in the forums and keep checking if anyone has my villagers. I'm looking for islandly type of villagers to fit my town theme. Right now I have Joey and O'Hare so I got 8 more to go and I am salty about it.

Back