Status
Not open for further replies.

BeekeeperAngel

the pizza man
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
I've been sorta bored with my town for a while now, and today I got the really strong urge to reset...I haven't done it yet, but I'm really really tempted. I sort of hate my river and I kind of would rather have a town without such a specific theme that I'm working towards.

But idk. I've upgraded my Nooklings store all the way up to the one right before the Emporium, I have I think all the fossils in my museum, I've unlocked the Dream Suite and the Roost...it's a lot of progress that would go to waste if I restart. But a big part of me really wants to, lol.

I really don't want to buy another copy of the game, so I guess I'm either gonna have to suck it up and be happy with my town, or reset again. I just can't decide what I want to do :/

I've been sorta bored with my town for a while now, and today I got the really strong urge to reset...I haven't done it yet, but I'm really really tempted. I sort of hate my river and I kind of would rather have a town without such a specific theme that I'm working towards.

But idk. I've upgraded my Nooklings store all the way up to the one right before the Emporium, I have I think all the fossils in my museum, I've unlocked the Dream Suite and the Roost...it's a lot of progress that would go to waste if I restart. But a big part of me really wants to, lol.

I really don't want to buy another copy of the game, so I guess I'm either gonna have to suck it up and be happy with my town, or reset again. I just can't decide what I want to do :/

coming from someone who is constantly resetting and comparing towns to other peoples:
you're always going to have something you dislike about your town. always. i think if you're willing to put the effort in (especially if you tt) then restart, it's something you can always rebuild. but i would say 8 times out of 10 there will always be something that bothers you about the town. whether it be rocks or fruit or whatever.. that's just my opinion though. if you want a fresh start then go for it

^^ so true. I dislike my town being tiny and not much to show also rocks in the way of my bush starts..

Just reset if you're really unhappy. Other than DLC (unless you have ways to buy them from people here or connections to a hacked share town), nothing is lost forever. You'll have to get things back slowly or TT to get back up to speed.

If you're really upset with it... reset! You can always sell your town so you have some extra cash and keep the PWP list you worked hard for! When I reset I usually have a reason, like you said, a specific theme in mind or a better map... so that usually motivates me to play. I'd play for a few hours and TT around to unlock a lot of the early shops (since I'm impatient) and after that I'd take it slow again. I restarted for the amiibo update and to do the 1 year challenge and it's been good so far, even without time travelling :'D

coming from someone who is constantly resetting and comparing towns to other peoples:
you're always going to have something you dislike about your town. always. i think if you're willing to put the effort in (especially if you tt) then restart, it's something you can always rebuild. but i would say 8 times out of 10 there will always be something that bothers you about the town. whether it be rocks or fruit or whatever.. that's just my opinion though. if you want a fresh start then go for it

I agree with mocha....I think...tiny script is hard on old eyes.

Last edited:
Like mocha said, every town you'll do will have that something you won't like, but you just have to be creative and find a way to like it! But, for me, since you've done practicaly everything with your town and you "hate" it, it's better to reset :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back