• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dig Up Pitfall Seed Or Fall Into It?

Dig 'em up. You never know when you might want to surround a nasty villager's house with them.

i dig it and bury it in a corner of the map so i can't fall into it. that way a new one won't spawn and i don't have to worry about it!

I dig them up by accident just when I'm searching fossils or gyroids
the rest of the time I fall like a dumb because of rush XD

Last edited:
I just fall into it. Every time i see a X mark (something buried) I walk over it first to see if it's a pitfall seed.. too lazy to dig them up and sell later xD. It's also funny to see my villagers reaction if they are near me when I fall..

I fall into it because it takes up one inventory space and too much of an effort to sell than just eliminate them by falling lol

Early on I just fell into them. I now have one buried on the beach and only show up when a villager walks on it.
Wished I had the private beach in my main town. Poor Teddy kept walking near the fossils/pitfalls and fell into one.

I use to dig them up and sell them, but now I buried one in a between 4 bushes so no one can fall into it and new ones won't spawn :3

I usually fall into them since I can't be bothered to take them up to Re-Tail to sell. However, I think I'm going to bury one in an unused corner of town now that I see other people have suggested it!

I want to dig them up, and save them up for wi-fi games, but usually I accidentally fall in them first.

I dig them and put it at a spot where villagers will rarely walk at. They spawn again at one random spot when you/a villager falls into it.

I typically dig them up (if I don't accidentally fall into them), but I think I'm going to put them in the corners of my town after reading through this thread!

Oh man, pitfalls annoy me so much. I just bury them in a corner on the beach so that I never have to deal with them.

I just go ahead and dig them up to sell them. I never keep my pockets that full anyway, it's annoying to have to press 'A' like that to get out, and I don't want to risk another villager falling in. Plus, ten bells is better than no bells, right?

I always dig them up if I can help it. I hate falling into those things, drives me bonkers!

I used to just fall into them but I got really tired of it, so I dug it up and buried it behind a tree at the very top of my map to be forgotten about. I'll be surprised if a villager ever falls into it since it's in the corner, feels nice not having to worry about finding it while looking for fossils.

Ahhh you guys have just solved my problem! I shall do that then! Saves me the hassle of falling into one every day hahaha

Fall into it. Digging up the pitfall takes inventory space and they only sell for 10 Bells.

This is exactly my outlook on it! I never dig mine up, i always walk over every "fossil" indention in the ground to purposely look for the pitfall one.

Back