• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Themed Towns

Wrath Reign

Puddly Puddles
Bells
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
I've noticed a lot of people have themed towns! I think they're super cute and cool and I'd love to hear about everyone's town themes!

My town doesn't have a theme like 'candyland' or 'forest' or anything. As someone who sort of struggles with depression, I made mine to be my happy place. There's no rhyme or reason to where I have everything and all, it's just sort of carefree. I have flowers everywhere, and I pick villagers that I just think are really cute or cool and bring me joy. I'm not super particular about where houses/pwp are, as long as it's not directly next to/behind/in front of something. I don't plan things out a lot. I haven't gotten around to putting paths down, and that doesn't bother me one bit.

But in and of itself, I call it a theme, because it's my happy place. What about you guys? What are your town themes?

I think the idea of your town being your happy place is better than any theme :)

Mine doesn't really have a theme either?
Can a colour be a theme?
If so, mine's pretty much just pink and white with a lot of nature!

I used to always do foresty / natural towns, but i figured i might as well try using actual proper paths haha :')

Last edited:
How nice~!

I do the same thing with my town, but I tend to go for more of a 'halloween' or 'spoopy' theme with a bit of sweet/pastel. I want to give a bit of the spooks, but also want to have a good time and overall have it a place where others can enjoy themselves. So nothing too major, but it includes a lot of planning.

What I really want to do is a Haunted Japanese Village, which is a mix of the Oriental and Forest themes along with a bit of the spooks added in. That one would be a more 'serious' one for me though, and I'm too lazy to fully commit to that.

Mine has a kind of woodland theme, so I don't have to decorate it too much. Just a few paths and flowers achieve the desired effect!

I usually try to do Japanese-themed towns (or plain old foresty towns with a lot of colorful flowers because, well, pretty) but I'm hoping to actually do a theme this time around. My town is called Sunshine, so I'm debating doing a sort of beach-themed town and trying to figure out how that can be accomplished without covering everything in qr code patterns! Something else I've always wanted to do is have an urban-style town. As my villagers all live close together in this town, I might try that at some point as well! I think themed towns are really neat, especially when they extend beyond themes based on villager appearances :)

Mine is a pastel/rainbow themed town, I also have a spooky halloween/fall town! Both are pretty much the two sides of me, i'm all gothy on the outside and rainbows on the inside

Mine's just yellow-themed. But, it's called 'Happy' so.. ;)

Mine are all themed with things that interest me. Like a North Pole and Santa's cabin ( because I love Christmas). Other ones are farming, Disney, certain cartoons I loved as a kid, etc.

My Cherish town has family members as the characters. This was a really fun town to make. Each house is decorated to each characters hobbies or interests. Mine has special New Leaf charcter themed rooms. My daughter loves dogs, singing, butterflies. My son loves football, video games, super hereo, etc.

My newest town is themed with characters from classic books I loved growing up. Anne of Green Gables, Heidi, The secret Garden.

My New Leaf town after I would reset will have a tropical theme to it. I will use tropical PWP's and will have tropical furniture inside the player houses (and maybe villager houses). The villagers and players will wear aloha shirts (both blue and red) and blossom tee's. The beach will have several palm trees scattered around to make it feel more tropical. I may hack the town slightly so I can put some PWP's down on the beach (dunno if that would work). The houses, some PWP's and Re-Tail would be located towards the south of the town while the rest would be towards the north.

My theme is retro themed and aptly named Retro. My characters' houses represent certain decades.

The mayor is 80's themed and the other 3 houses are themed like the 60's, 70's, and 90's. I have all 4 houses sitting in chronological order in a straight line at the bottom of the map.

Character names relate to the decade they are representing too. My mayor is named Shana. Names with a Sha-sound were very popular in the 80's.

60's house is Lisa, 70's is Jason, and 90's is Dylan.

Animals use vintage slang such as: like totally, radical, groovy, far out, peace, so fly, homeslice, etc to fit in with the theme as well.

I'm quite pleased with the development so far.

Back