What Welcome amiibo villagers ping to move out?

Since my last post, 2 of my 3 NON Amiibo villagers pinged to move. They even do it in order -> Henry, Eunice, then Bluebear.

Henry pinged today, so Eunice will be next.

I truly hate the villagers I use to like. :(

I've had Dobie and Plucky in my town for quite a while and they've yet to ping me.

But I plan on keeping Dobie forever and I will move Plucky out with another welcome amiibo villager soon.. I'm sure they are capable of pinging though!

All of my villagers are from amiibo and they ping equally as often as villagers in my previous towns. When I had a mix of amiibo and non-amiibo villagers the amiibos definitely pinged less often, but they still did eventually.

Any villager you got via their amiibo card/figure is unable to ping to move out. This includes both regular and WA cards. Tradeable WA villagers you got from somebody else can ping though.

I think that's wrong. I scanned Olaf with the Amiibo-Card and 2 weeks later he pinged to move out. So it's possible.

I hate rubbing salt in wounds, but I have to point this out as I've just seen multiple reddit/ign/gamefaq posts about Amiibo villagers definitely not moving out...or requiring an all Amiibo town to ping...it's not true.

YES-Amiibo villagers ping to move.
NO-you don't need a town full of Amiibo villagers to get them to move.

I hate to bring this up again, but one of the reasons I keep insisting on bringing up my story is to warn people of the fact that NOPE, this is no myth, it was definitely impossible for me and others to get amiibo villagers to move out.

As I've already said, I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't just bad luck, but a game mechanic that operated with the specific intent of locking those villagers in. I know I'm basically just repeating myself, but. 100+ tries.

MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED TRIES.

So yeah... I'd appreciate it if people who were unaffected by this could stop going around saying it's just a myth. It's not. It's a very real thing that many have experienced and that people who want to summon villagers via amiibo cards or figures SHOULD be warned about, especially since we don't understand what triggers it.

Your theory about it being caused by time travel is actually pretty interesting, and definitely something worth investigating further if someone is willing to sacrifice one or more save files to prove it.....

I'm sorry there's people having issues getting them to move, but don't go pollute various threads saying they DON'T move just because yours don't move.

...but when you try to present your personal experience as if it's the one and only truth while disregarding other people's just because they don't match your own, you're not being very objective. Especially when you're trying to make it look like players who don't time-travel are somehow "better" than those who do.

If I acted like you, I'd want to ask why are YOU going around "polluting" various threads saying that it's 100% possible to move them out without a problem, just because YOURS did?
I'm sorry if I'm sounding a little salty over this, but it doesn't feel fair. Try to put yourself in my position. I've had my very first completed town irreparably damaged by this. And I've made enough tries to be able to exclude that bad luck could've had anything do to with it. Then I see others who insist that what happened to me is impossible after I try to warn other people. How do you think I'm supposed to react to this?
I'm not telling my story because I like to win silly arguments over the internet, but because I'd hate for other players to fall victim of this mechanic just like I did, and I want to see others be free to develop their towns however they want.

Our experiences don't match. That's pretty much all we can conclude for now, because I'm willing to believe that those who were able to move amiibo villagers out are being just as honest as I am about this.

I've had all the amiibo villagers I've invited into my towns ping me at least once - both from cards and amiibo figures. I don't think it's necessarily as often as your normal villagers, but they definitely do still ping to leave. In my spare town, I had all the Sanrio villagers, Cece, Viche, Inkwell and I think Hopkins, and several of them have now left while I've been time travelling and they all ping. Plus, in Kittyton, when I had Vivian, she asked to leave just as frequently as other villagers did!

I haven't had any amiibos ping to leave yet. Just my regulars..but doesn't honestly bother me as I wanted my amiibos with the pure intention of never losing them and being able to rescan any lost back in without the 16 cycle. I would find it hard to believe that Nintendo made it so that the amiibos couldn't leave without announcing this as fact. While the same regulars thus far have pinged, I definitely won't be surprised for when and if an amiibo pings.

I would think the probability is less as others stated and just a very small percentage in the roll. Just like house placing, I can attest to several times I've had hundreds of resets while they've plotted in the same precise spot until finally eventually going to where I want. So, while it may take who knows how many TT attempts...I wouldn't think it impossible that they may ping. Just like in mmo dungeons, rare loot is dropped rarely...people run them hundreds of times just at that chance to get that one result. It happens.

Since my last post it's the same.

My 3 NON Amiibo's pinged to move in their regular order.

I want to delete my town.
That's how bad it is.

I HATE this!

I've seen a lot of people say that the amiibo villagers do ping to move out, but just rarely. I have 8 amiibo villagers in my town and I've tried time travelling for a while (only went as far as a month and a half lol) to try and get them to ping to move out, but no luck! Only my two normal villagers ping me to move out.

My conclusion? I don't time travel...and anybody I see crying about them not moving is talking about time travelling to get them out...I think it would be funny if this was Nintendo's cruel joke against the time travelers :)

I think you could be right since the ones who've said their amiibo villagers pinged to move never mentioned anything about time travelling (not just on this forum, but other websites too). We might just have to be patient and stop time travelling :) it could work, who knows??

It has been another 20 days since my last post, and the 3 non amiibo's have pinged, in order, multiple times.

I can't stand being stuck with 7 amiibo's I've grown to hate, so my only option is to delete and never play again.

I don't know why Nintendo have done this. So many people are in the same boat.

This game meant a lot to me, as I don't go out due to social phobia's.

I don't want to delete, but I'm not going to go through the hell of restarting.

Fix the problem, Nintendo!

Edit. As for the posts reguarding TT.
I DON'T do that, so you are wrong.

Amiibo card villagers do NOT move - EVER.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I could continue on how I have been.
Ignoring them, and try to enjoy fishing and bug catching, going to the island, and just answer the inevitable moving pings from the only 3 that will ever ping.

Will be lonely though.
Can't stand them.
I pushed Sterling around for an hour today. Wishing I could push him off the cliff.

I've never treated villagers that way. I didn't have it in me.

Thanks Nintendo.
I see anger management in my future. :-/

Last edited:
I hate to bring this up again, but one of the reasons I keep insisting on bringing up my story is to warn people of the fact that NOPE, this is no myth, it was definitely impossible for me and others to get amiibo villagers to move out.

As I've already said, I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't just bad luck, but a game mechanic that operated with the specific intent of locking those villagers in. I know I'm basically just repeating myself, but. 100+ tries.

MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED TRIES.

So yeah... I'd appreciate it if people who were unaffected by this could stop going around saying it's just a myth. It's not. It's a very real thing that many have experienced and that people who want to summon villagers via amiibo cards or figures SHOULD be warned about, especially since we don't understand what triggers it.

Your theory about it being caused by time travel is actually pretty interesting, and definitely something worth investigating further if someone is willing to sacrifice one or more save files to prove it.....

...but when you try to present your personal experience as if it's the one and only truth while disregarding other people's just because they don't match your own, you're not being very objective. Especially when you're trying to make it look like players who don't time-travel are somehow "better" than those who do.

If I acted like you, I'd want to ask why are YOU going around "polluting" various threads saying that it's 100% possible to move them out without a problem, just because YOURS did?
I'm sorry if I'm sounding a little salty over this, but it doesn't feel fair. Try to put yourself in my position. I've had my very first completed town irreparably damaged by this. And I've made enough tries to be able to exclude that bad luck could've had anything do to with it. Then I see others who insist that what happened to me is impossible after I try to warn other people. How do you think I'm supposed to react to this?
I'm not telling my story because I like to win silly arguments over the internet, but because I'd hate for other players to fall victim of this mechanic just like I did, and I want to see others be free to develop their towns however they want.

Our experiences don't match. That's pretty much all we can conclude for now, because I'm willing to believe that those who were able to move amiibo villagers out are being just as honest as I am about this.

I have to say this.

Best post - EVER, Lulu! ^_^
100% TRUE!

The LEAST Nintendo could have done, was allow us to remove a scanned in villager, by being able to invite a camper in!
What is the point of campers to those of us STUCK with card villagers!
Is it to further taunt us?
Rub it in that this is as good as it gets for us. :-/

FIX THE ISSUE!

Last edited:
Wow... Okay, this is quite a peculiar phenomenon - particularly where one person tested 100 days of time travel and never had the villagers move out, but other people confirming they've asked to move out in only a week...

...Well, with that observation, this tells me one big thing: There may be some kind of unknown requirement to making them move!

I can't say exactly what it is (it's unknown), but after looking at the time traveling technique I saw in these forums, it looks like ignoring them and passing time makes them stay around. Simply put, doing nothing with them doesn't satisfy the requirement for them to move.

For those who had pings for them to move out... How exactly do you interact with the amiibo villagers compared to non-amiibo ones? This could help solve the issue at hand.

I treated them well to start with. Was their personal slave. I had maxed out friendships.

It does not matter.

Villagers scanned in with amiibo cards do NOT move.

5 months. No TT.

I'm talking about regular amiibo cards.

I scanned in Mathilda, Sylvia, Jakey, Angus, Sterling, Leonardo, and Wolfgang.

The 3 I didn't scan, Bluebear, Eunice and Henry, are the only ones to ping, IN ORDER too, to move.
5 months!

I treated them well to start with. Was their personal slave. I had maxed out friendships.

It does not matter.

Villagers scanned in with amiibo cards do NOT move.

5 months. No TT.

I'm talking about regular amiibo cards.

I scanned in Mathilda, Sylvia, Jakey, Angus, Sterling, Leonardo, and Wolfgang.

The 3 I didn't scan, Bluebear, Eunice and Henry, are the only ones to ping, IN ORDER too, to move.
5 months!

Well, note how I'm trying to get answers from the people who have had them move out. This would prove quite useful to finding the solution, as they must have triggered something to have them ask to move that you and others may have not.

Hopefully that makes sense...

It does.

I think some people think we're talking about NEW villagers, when we mean regular villager cards, not special amiibo's.

I just know I can't play the game this way.
I want all normal, and able to move.

Last edited:
Well, note how I'm trying to get answers from the people who have had them move out. This would prove quite useful to finding the solution, as they must have triggered something to have them ask to move that you and others may have not.

Hopefully that makes sense...

I agree. We really, really need more research on the trigger because it seems quite unfair. A bit of a nasty trick, to have some people's move with no problems but some people's villagers (like mine) stuck forever.

Also, Lulu is totally right about educating people -if I had known that sometimes Amiibo villagers wouldn't move out, I would never have scanned in WART JR, who's ugly, warty face has been in my town since the update.

Seriously. Nintendo needs to release a statement on Twitter or something. We need answers.

I am here taking the side of "amiibo villagers do not ping to move out".

Muffy moved into a bad spot in the town I had right before this one, as did Flurry.

Despite time traveling through multiple months, all other villagers, the non-amiibo ones, asked at least 5 times, and my amiibo villagers never asked once. EVER.

I did an experiment to see if friendship levels could be affecting them. I ignored Muffy and befriended Flurry. No difference.

I also made absolutely sure that neither of them was my last villager to move in. In fact, I moved 3 villagers out and 3 others in while experimenting and... upon realizing Muffy would forever be stuck in front of my police station, and Flurry forever stuck where I wanted to put a bridge, I restarted... It was one of the best maps I've ever gotten, too. I was livid.

Seems rather stupid that if you've scanned them into your town. That they ping less often than random move ins. All my villagers were scanned in but I adopted them from someone. They ping pretty much two villagers per week.

I feel like for the purposes of research and clarity, it would help if each person made clear what they mean when they say amiibo villager. That is, is it a Series 1-4 card, a WA amiibo card, a sanrio card, or a special amiibo (ganon, W.Link, etc). It also seems like maybe TTing hinders amiibo move-outs? The game knows when you've Time traveled, so it could make sense that scanned villagers won't ping when time travel is detected. Nintendo could have even considered this a feature to help people who TT a lot to collect dreamies. Someone should try to set up a survey so some definitive research can be done. There's so much contradictory information.

I've personally only ever scanned one Series 1-4 villager in, Sterling. I'd like him to move out, as he's in a slightly inconvenient spot, but so far (after playing for about a month) he hasn't moved. I haven't time traveled so far, and if he does ping out soon I'll let you guys know!

Yes, Holly. Nintendo need to give us a straight answer, and release a patch so that scanned villagers can move out.
People will delete their games and give up.

If Nintendo want to lose customers, when they read about this absurdity of being stuck for life with villagers you scan it, they will think twice about buying it.

FIX THE ISSUE!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like for the purposes of research and clarity, it would help if each person made clear what they mean when they say amiibo villager. That is, is it a Series 1-4 card, a WA amiibo card, a sanrio card, or a special amiibo (ganon, W.Link, etc). It also seems like maybe TTing hinders amiibo move-outs? The game knows when you've Time traveled, so it could make sense that scanned villagers won't ping when time travel is detected. Nintendo could have even considered this a feature to help people who TT a lot to collect dreamies. Someone should try to set up a survey so some definitive research can be done. There's so much contradictory information.

I've personally only ever scanned one Series 1-4 villager in, Sterling. I'd like him to move out, as he's in a slightly inconvenient spot, but so far (after playing for about a month) he hasn't moved. I haven't time traveled so far, and if he does ping out soon I'll let you guys know!

I scanned him in 5 months ago with the other 6 series 1 - 4.

I don't time travel.
Only my 3 non scans ping to move.

Today was Eunice, so Bluebear is next.

Again.
For the 50th? time.

Back