What Welcome amiibo villagers ping to move out?

LadyRainb

โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒธ ~โ™ช
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5185-1887-5498
Spring Sakura
Tasty Cake
Dreamy Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Spring Sakura
Moon Ball
Yellow Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
Pink Hybrid Lily
So, my question in the title? Does any of the new villagers introduced in the Welcome amiibo update ever ping to move?

I know I read on the forums that they will ask, but it will be very rare. So, which new villagers?
The Sanrio? New amiibo cards? Splatoon/LoZ villagers? What about using old amiibo cards?

Thank you in advance! :)

Any villager you got via their amiibo card/figure is unable to ping to move out. This includes both regular and WA cards. Tradeable WA villagers you got from somebody else can ping though.

Any villager you got via their amiibo card/figure is unable to ping to move out.

Wow, that's pretty neat for someone who wants to have certain villagers and not have to consider them bailing on you.

Any villager you got via their amiibo card/figure is unable to ping to move out. This includes both regular and WA cards. Tradeable WA villagers you got from somebody else can ping though.

This is a myth. I have scanned in villagers from both regular and WA amiibo cards, and have had them ping to move while regular villagers still lived in town. However, they seem to be much less likely to ping than their natural counterparts. If everyone in your town is scanned in, they WILL resume pinging normally.

They never move.

I agree I've had villagers I have moved in via Amiibo card ping me to move out.

I wish I'd never invited my 7 Amiibo's to move in.

For half a year, it has cycled through my 3 NON Amiibo villagers wanting to move.

Totally ruined my town too. All moving next to, behind, and IN FRONT OF me. :-/

Last edited:
Ike pinged to move about a week after he moved in...so yeah, they ping just like regular villagers.

I wish I'd never invited my 7 Amiibo's to move in.

For half a year, it has cycled through my 3 NON Amiibo villagers wanting to move.

Totally ruined my town too. All moving next to, behind, and IN FRONT OF me. :-/

Moving day again, and like clockwork, one of my 3 NON Amiibo's pinged to move.

Same 3 since last year.
I wish I could get rid of them.

They can move out but is just harder.

I think one only have to use them just if you really want that Villager, like me in the case of Stitches my favorite Villager in the game.

Last edited:
This is a myth. I have scanned in villagers from both regular and WA amiibo cards, and have had them ping to move while regular villagers still lived in town. However, they seem to be much less likely to ping than their natural counterparts. If everyone in your town is scanned in, they WILL resume pinging normally.

It is most definitely NOT a myth. I made a thread a while ago about how desperate I was because no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get ANY of my 4 amiibo-summoned villagers ping me to move out.

I time travelled back and forth all the time just to cycle through villager pings for almost 4 days straight, gathering more than 100 pings total, and NONE of them were from amiibo villagers. This includes both cards and splatoon amiibo-figures. I had to completely give up on getting the rest of my dreamies and I had to register my final dream adress for that town with about 4 villagers I didn't really want but got stuck with.

Now I know that apparently many people have had no problem at all with moving them out, but that definitely wasn't the case for me. And there is absolutely no way it was just bad luck. 100+ tries to no avail means that something in my game was set in stone about making those villagers stay no matter what. The only explanation I can come up with is that some players (including me) must've unknowingly triggered some sort of requisite, mechanic or bug that makes their game act that way.

Personally I'm now too scared to ever summon directly amiibo villagers again. I don't want to ruin yet another save file because of this madness. I used to be really eager to expand my collection to invite whoever I wanted, but now my cards and e-reader could just burn for all I care. No way I'm ever cursing another town with permanent villagers.

Last edited:
Now I know that apparently many people have had no problem at all with moving them out, but that definitely wasn't the case for me. And there is absolutely no way it was just bad luck. 100+ tries to no avail means that something in my game was set in stone about making those villagers stay no matter what. The only explanation I can come up with is that some players (including me) must've unknowingly triggered some sort of requisite, mechanic or bug that makes their game act that way.

Personally I'm now too scared to ever summon directly amiibo villagers again. I don't want to ruin yet another save file because of this madness. I used to be really eager to expand my collection to invite whoever I wanted, but now my cards and e-reader could just burn for all I care. No way I'm ever cursing another town with permanent villagers.

Unfortunately I had a similar experience in my old town! It got to the point where I could only keep new villagers for a week or two before they pinged me to move out, and my Amiibo villagers would not budge. Things started to feel really stagnant and it was one of the factors that led to me resetting. I guess this would be a big positive for those who fear loosing their dreamies, but I like to meet new villagers once in a while.

I currently have 2 Amiibo villagers in my new town as I wanted to push some poorly situated original villagers out, but will avoid summoning anyone else just in case they never leave. I'm making sure to invite the rest of my residents via the campground, adoption, etc.

It is most definitely NOT a myth. I made a thread a while ago about how desperate I was because no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get ANY of my 4 amiibo-summoned villagers ping me to move out.

I time travelled back and forth all the time just to cycle through villager pings for almost 4 days straight, gathering more than 100 pings total, and NONE of them were from amiibo villagers. This includes both cards and splatoon amiibo-figures. I had to completely give up on getting the rest of my dreamies and I had to register my final dream adress for that town with about 4 villagers I didn't really want but got stuck with.

Moving day again, and you guessed. One of my 3 NON Amiibo characters pinged to move.

7 months now!

Amiibo's DO NOT MOVE.

That's one of the reasons i erase my first town... I was stuck with Sprinkle and Tia.

The funny thing is that the first camper i got in my new Town was Sprinkle...

I hate rubbing salt in wounds, but I have to point this out as I've just seen multiple reddit/ign/gamefaq posts about Amiibo villagers definitely not moving out...or requiring an all Amiibo town to ping...it's not true.

My Vivian has now pinged to move. I pointed out in a previous post that my Ike pinged after about a week, I've had Vivian for about a month to 2 months.

My Teddy moved in in 2013. My Apollo moved in in 2015. My Mira (though I can't remember her move in date right now) was also present before the WA update.

So in conclusion:

YES-Amiibo villagers ping to move.
NO-you don't need a town full of Amiibo villagers to get them to move.

I'm sorry there's people having issues getting them to move, but don't go pollute various threads saying they DON'T move just because yours don't move.

My conclusion? I don't time travel...and anybody I see crying about them not moving is talking about time travelling to get them out...I think it would be funny if this was Nintendo's cruel joke against the time travelers :)

From my experience, there's a high probability that they'll ping to move out when you adopted them from other town (let's say a cycling town).

I moved Octavian in with an amiibo card and he pinged to move out today. However I moved all but one villager into that town with amiibo cards so maybe that has something to do with it.

Wow, that's some bad luck o-o.
I've had a bunch of Amiibo villagers request to move out now, good luck~

And moving day again.

Same old thing.
One of my three NON Amiibo's pinged to move.

I have grown to loathe the ones I liked so much, and moved them in with Amiibo cards.

Back