• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you think global warming is legit?

Yes, I do think it's real. However, reduction of CO2 emissions will not save the Earth from global warming. Either the sun is heating up, or the Earth is changing its orbit's shape. I also don't believe in persecuting people who denies global warming, as that (and calling people ignorant) is bullying.

That's not what's causing global climate change, although the Sun can give off varying amounts of heat radiation which can contribute to rapid environmental changes. A big factor in it is volcanoes, which I hear give off more CO2 than all the cars in the world combined, in a very short amount of time.

Although, there is evidence that people play a big factor since global climate change seems to be happening so quickly.

Well, I mean, something's certainly going very wrong with the weather. It stayed in the mid 80s clear into November this year (I could give so many more examples of how screwed up the weather has been since the mid 00s). I'll take it from the scientists who dedicate themselves to understanding the world around us to explain what's going on.

of course its real, there's tons of research to support it as well

Very real. I'm just still baffled though facebook comments that people say it's not real (majority are old timers too).
I guess since they were out of school for so long, they miss out the updated science textbook.

There are plenty of evidence that what we do pollute the earth, and cause massive global warming.

I can only speak on my own experiences, which isn't much, but ever since I can remember, summers have been somewhat steady. On the other hand, I have experience of cold winters when I was a kid. Always plenty of snow, temperatures would be fairly steady between 0 & 25 degrees. Of course with a few sub-zero dips here or there. Ever since about the year 2000, winters have been insanely erratic. Especially the last few years. The temperatures are anything but steady. They hover around 30-40, which is hella annoying, because whatever snow we do have, gets melty & wet during the days, then at night, freezes & everything becomes glazed in ice. When we get precipitation, it's in form of a rain/snow/sleet/ice mix. Then, we get the super sub-zero dips. It'll go down to -5, -10, and be really windy. Then heat back up to 30 degrees. I am talking temperature swings of 30-50 degrees are not uncommon, and that seems pretty crazy. This year, on Christmas, in Minnesota where the reputation is very cold and very snowy that time of year, it down poured rain, all, day, long. Not cool. I don't know how much of it we are causing, or if we are causing the global warming process to speed up, or what the deal is, but weather is very erratic where I'm from.

How many of you would say CO2 is a contributing cause to this "global warming" that you advertise?

Last edited:
Is CO2 a "contributing" cause?

Yes, of course climate change is real. I really don't see the point in being anti-science in the 21st century, and that goes to both extremes of the political spectrum. If you think that climate change isn't real or that gluten causes autism please go back to school.

that climate change is happening is undeniable. what is up for debate is how much CO2 is to blame for it. the earth has always gone through fluctuations in climate due to the tilt in the earth's rotation

I mean yeah I don't really see how people think that's up for debate? There's enough evidence to make the statement that its most definitely a contributing cause. Doesn't mean it's the only cause, tho.

Last edited:

yes, it is. the #1 contributor, actually. it's everywhere, considering we literally breathe out CO2, and it's causing global warming. there is so much proof of it. scientists are studying it and spreading the word about it for a reason lol. if we try to take action now to reduce CO2 emissions we can help slow down global warming even by just a little before it's far too late to do anything later.

and in response to the comment saying that calling someone ignorant is bullying - i don't think it is. it legitimately is an ignorant (uneducated) statement to say that global warming isn't real. i didn't think saying someone was uneducated on a certain subject would be bullying, lol.

Last edited:
and in response to the comment saying that calling someone ignorant is bullying - i don't think it is. it legitimately is an ignorant (uneducated) statement to say that global warming isn't real. i didn't think saying someone was uneducated on a certain subject would be bullying, lol.

The reason why I say that it's bullying to call people ignorant for not believing in global warming is because by calling someone ignorant for not believing in a theory not everybody supports, you're implying that it's a bad thing to not believe that it's real. Basically, it's forcing people to believe that global warming is real, and forcing people to have the same beliefs is bullying. Not to mention, but intolerance. Do you think that being intolerant of those who don't agree to the same theory is the right thing to do? Besides, it's a theory, something that is not universally accepted. Either we don't have enough evidence, or whatever we're implying is actually caused by something else. Like the rising oceans. Some say that there is an active volcano under Antarctica. Increase in natural disasters. There has always been just as many as there was before, but we have instruments that record them better. Yeah, the extinction crisis is a real threat, but it has other causes of it. CO2 emissions causing temperatures to go up. If it does, it only takes a million years to actually change the climate like that.

And yes, I learned about global warming back when I was in school, almost every last bit on it, but I rejected it once I left high school because I learned something else: The effects are exaggerated. That, and if you try to force everybody to switch to environmentally friendly technology, it's not really going to stop the effects of global warming. Instead, it's gonna hurt the economy really badly. Granted, it does not give us an excuse to pollute the Earth as that is still bad, but I don't think global warming like how most people believe it is real and everyone who shames climate change deniers for not believing are bigots.

The reason why I say that it's bullying to call people ignorant for not believing in global warming is because by calling someone ignorant for not believing in a theory not everybody supports, you're implying that it's a bad thing to not believe that it's real. Basically, it's forcing people to believe that global warming is real, and forcing people to have the same beliefs is bullying. Not to mention, but intolerance. Do you think that being intolerant of those who don't agree to the same theory is the right thing to do? Besides, it's a theory, something that is not universally accepted. Either we don't have enough evidence, or whatever we're implying is actually caused by something else. Like the rising oceans. Some say that there is an active volcano under Antarctica. Increase in natural disasters. There has always been just as many as there was before, but we have instruments that record them better. Yeah, the extinction crisis is a real threat, but it has other causes of it. CO2 emissions causing temperatures to go up. If it does, it only takes a million years to actually change the climate like that.

And yes, I learned about global warming back when I was in school, almost every last bit on it, but I rejected it once I left high school because I learned something else: The effects are exaggerated. That, and if you try to force everybody to switch to environmentally friendly technology, it's not really going to stop the effects of global warming. Instead, it's gonna hurt the economy really badly. Granted, it does not give us an excuse to pollute the Earth as that is still bad, but I don't think global warming like how most people believe it is real and everyone who shames climate change deniers for not believing are bigots.

I agree that it's not a bad thing to be critical, but global warming is not "just a theory". It's based on so many legit facts I do think it's ignorant to say that it doesnt exist. If you're denying facts that is (in my opinion) ignorant. Nobody is attacking you personally or calling you a bad person. How is saying denying facts is ignorant bullying?

The reason why I say that it's bullying to call people ignorant for not believing in global warming is because by calling someone ignorant for not believing in a theory not everybody supports, you're implying that it's a bad thing to not believe that it's real. Basically, it's forcing people to believe that global warming is real, and forcing people to have the same beliefs is bullying. Not to mention, but intolerance. Do you think that being intolerant of those who don't agree to the same theory is the right thing to do?

when i say ignorant, i mean 'uneducated' on the matter. not everyone knows about global warming and what it's all about, meaning they are uneducated on the topic. because i acknowledge global warming, yes, i do think it's bad that people don't think it's real because it is a serious problem that is slowly going to damage life on earth permanently. because everyone should want the earth to prosper, and they should want life on earth to prosper and not be destroyed??

come on now... i'm not forcing anyone to think global warming is real, lol. do i think it's bad that people don't believe it? yes. do i think that the people who don't believe in global warming are terrible human beings, and will i try to 'force' them into sharing my OWN opinion? no. i accept that people think it's a hoax, and they have a right to their own opinion. but, i suppose i do not have a right to my own opinion lol. i don't think one post on an animal crossing forum will convince the entire human race that global warming is a real problem and, supposedly, force them to share the same opinion as me.

but let me get this straight; if i were to say that marshmallows were better than peeps, and someone i know says back that peeps are better than marshmallows, does that mean he's a terrible human being for not sharing the same opinion as me, and that i should automatically try to convert him to the likeness of marshmallows? well, of course not. i would say i'm not intolerant or a bigot, since i agree to disagree with people, and no matter how many words i write on a website for animal crossing, people will not side with me, and i only share my opinion because i enjoy comparing mine with others and debating with people - i did not mean to shame anyone into eventually believing in global warming. like, i honestly don't care that you think it's not real, that's your opinion, not mine. and me sharing my own opinion like everyone else did and saying that thinking global warming is a hoax is a very ignorant (uneducated) mindset/belief really, in my eyes, is not bullying/pressuring someone to believe in global warming. and not a single person should feel forced to share the same opinion as me.

Apple2012 said:
Besides, it's a theory, something that is not universally accepted. Either we don't have enough evidence, or whatever we're implying is actually caused by something else. Like the rising oceans. Some say that there is an active volcano under Antarctica. Increase in natural disasters. There has always been just as many as there was before, but we have instruments that record them better.

well, if it's just a theory, then i suppose other things that have been proven by science are also theories. so now, gravity doesn't exist, and we are somehow keeping ourselves on earth with magic. we definitely have a ton of proof of global warming, both visible to see by the eye and scientifically proven. i would find links, but i wouldn't want you to feel that i'm trying to force you into believing that climate change is real, so i will refrain. have a nice day :)

Last edited:
i on the other hand do think the public interest and welfare supersedes individual "opinions". if your beliefs run contrary to the progress of society or the consensus of science, sure, believe your random pseudo-intellectual and anti-intellectual whims, but they should be expunged from education and academia so that pointless contrarianism doesn't pollute the homeland generation/gen z more than it has already. i see denying climate change as being arbitrary just to be arbitrary. it's like this, while people are having tantrums because "waaah science oppresses my ability to shirk social responsibility for the footballs i keep punting to the future", there are observable changes happening to our climate that are harmful and so far doing nothing isn't reversing it.

also literally no one that does serious research lets a handful of special interests that funded bogus science reports from scientists that don't study climate whatsoever sway them with confirmation bias from a little handful of sources. the amount of consensus supporting evidence of global warming is so great, that none of this dubious research funded by the fossil fuel industry even comes close to refuting it. it's a lie to pretend there is even a debate to happen

it's quite an impressive example of propaganda at work. if you can plant doubt in someone's mind, they'll accept anything. because then you're looking the other way while greedy corporations wreck the planet, all because someone told you some egghead's saying he knows better than you. some people like to be courteous and call them deniers, i call them corporate pawns who don't even realize they are. though if you have some reason how pushing a green agenda, even if that were true, and teaching a theory that has more hard evidence than laws of nature like gravity is dangerous, i'm curious. because usually the underlying argument is something egocentric or "i just don't wanna be told what to do"

it's such a silly argument to equate rejecting textbook ignorance with discrimination. can you imagine eisenhower using this argument instead of forcing southern states to straighten up with integration? the moment your beliefs are in conflict with a healthy society and being used to resist change is the moment any progressive government or responsible person should shut it down. idk, that's me

but yeah i know that based on what science knows at this time that global warming isn't some hohum political platform hook, it's a reality.

Last edited:
Back