Do you think global warming is legit?

It's because people want to convince themselves that their bad habits that pollute the earth and hurt the environment are okay and that they don't need to change. They don't want the extra responsibility that is required to reduce the effects on global warming.

i definitely think that global warming is real and anyone who thinks it's 'just a hoax made by china' is extremely ignorant. it amazes me that people think that despite endless pollution destroying the earth, the earth will just continue to last forever and not deteriorate. earth needs to be taken care of.. WE need to take care of earth. and it is so scary that we still are continuing to destroy it and people who think that global warming is nothing but a hoax or lie are the ones who continue to destroy earth's forests and natural beauty.

it's honestly sick that people don't think it's legit. saying it's fake gives you absolutely no excuse to continue to hurt the earth with pollution.

Last edited:
Global warming? It's 52 degrees and pouring rain! A total myth!

I'm fully kidding. Global warming is very real and horrifying, we're so close to destroying our planet. X.X I have a facebook friend who lives in the Sierras and he was posting pictures of all his snow and stuff like "yeah ok, global warming is totally a lie, nice try government!" or something and I was just like... wat.

yes global warming is real. but in my experience arguing w/ people who don't think it is real is useless because they don't "believe in science" ....

Yes, I do think it's real. However, reduction of CO2 emissions will not save the Earth from global warming. Either the sun is heating up, or the Earth is changing its orbit's shape. I also don't believe in persecuting people who denies global warming, as that (and calling people ignorant) is bullying.

I agree with most arguments regarding why climate change is real, and agree with some arguments against. For example, the Arctic ice has increased 50% since 2012. This argues against global warming causing ice caps to melt. Also we haven't been doing GOOD resource for long enough (there isn't enough historical data available).
However, saying climate change isn't legit I find rather stupid. Sea levels have been rising, global temperature has been rising, temperature in oceans have been rising.. Etc. Those are all facts.
So yes, I believe in global warming, but I also believe we don't understand that much about it. I think doing resource on this issue is important, and will help more than blaming China :/

(Sources: http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/explore/pristine-seas/critical-issues-sea-temperature-rise/
http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/10/07/experts-said-arctic-sea-ice-would-melt-entirely-by-september-201/
http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/is-global-warming-real.php
http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/ )

i definitely think that global warming is real and anyone who thinks it's 'just a hoax made by china' is extremely ignorant.

Well, especially because China would never make up stuff about global warming one way or the other. A lot of China's money comes from factory production. China actually lies a lot to their citizens about pollution, saying it's fine outside when it's obvious there's tons of smog out there in some of the more major cities in that country thanks to the factories.

There are people talking about global warming, but it's not China.

Last edited:
Yes, I do think it's real. However, reduction of CO2 emissions will not save the Earth from global warming.

Source?

"The greenhouse effect works like this: Energy arrives from the sun in the form of visible light and ultraviolet radiation. The Earth then emits some of this energy as infrared radiation. Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere 'capture' some of this heat, then re-emit it in all directions - including back to the Earth's surface.

Through this process, CO2 and other greenhouse gases keep the Earth?s surface 33?Celsius (59.4?F) warmer than it would be without them. We have added 42% more CO2, and temperatures have gone up. There should be some evidence that links CO2 to the temperature rise." (https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm )

Want the temperature to stop rising? You need less CO2. That's just science, So I don't really get your statement.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, there's evidence of that...

However!! I'm not totally convinced that this global warming isn't a natural thing
Humans have possibly enhanced the effects (or speeded it up) but I don't believe that it's only us

gisp-last-10000-new.png

GISP210klarge.png

I mean, you can see from these graph that it's actually quite low, and only just starting to rise once again

Yeah, I believe it's real. But I also think that anyone can be ignorant if they don't experience something first hand. However, being ignorant is a choice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And ignorance is bliss.

I also don't believe in persecuting people who denies global warming, as that (and calling people ignorant) is bullying.
I don't personally care whether people accept or deny climate change, but the thing about global climate change is that it will affect everyone whether they accept or deny climate change. To me, having governments with anti-environmental policies is like being forced to ride in a car with a drunk driver. So I do see climate deniers as somewhat of a threat to me and other people like me who accept that there is a real problem and it has to be confronted with some sense of urgency or it may be too late.

No, it's not real. Just like how this post, this forum, and my shoe ain't real. Proof? Y'all aren't real cause i created you with my imagination. Case Solved. Myth Bused. Thread Closed.

Last edited:
Yep, global warming is real. People who deny global warming are clearly scared of having to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Yep, global warming is real. People who deny global warming are clearly scared of having to deal with the consequences of their actions.

That's a lie. A person can be living a healthy, nonpolluting life and can be a complete idiot by stating that global warning is not real.

it's literally science anyone who argues needs to be educated

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's a lie. A person can be living a healthy, nonpolluting life and can be a complete idiot by stating that global warning is not real.

if they're living a nonpolluting life they're aware that global warming is real.

it's literally science anyone who argues needs to be educated

- - - Post Merge - - -

if they're living a nonpolluting life they're aware that global warming is real.

Oh really? Last time i check, your lifestyle doesn't effect what you know is real or not.

Of course it's real.

And calling someone ignorant isn't bullying, it's just stating that they don't understand or acknowledge something. It's not an insult.

Last edited:
Back