• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What features do you wish they'd add to the game in the next update?

HHD emotions in NL. Please.

Those little half furniture space things from HHD in NL. Please please.

Fishing bridges again. Oohh yes.

Blue cosmos again.

Big lake, pretty please.

Can we have some of the old designs for some of the furniture back as Cyrus refurbs, like the Blue Cabinet and Clock, or the Classic Bed and Lady Palm? I miss them.

you're right why don't I just play the original maybe I should. If I could emulate it.

Being able to appraise at Town Hall.

Last edited:
believe it or not I actually wish I could have 2 more villagers, I've always been against it but there are so many cat villagers I want now.... theres a lot I wish they added in the back of my mind but I cant remember it all

*Bigger houses
*Decorate outside
*Better outdoor camera views for placing PWP
*More PWP
*More shops
*Decorate villagers homes without the DRAMA

- half spaces for furniture
- MORE QR SPACEEEEEEE
- those few hhd emotions that we don't have in new leaf
- rugs/more wall decor/ceiling decor
- more PWP's
- villagers being able to wear long sleeves!!!!!!
- outdoor furniture

i really hope there will be another small update with at least some of this stuff, i don't understand why they didn't add certain things :<

Last edited:
-Allow all PWPs to be present before suggested
-Animals not wanting to move 24/7
-More leniency on where you put your PWPs

Some things I came up with.
-Being able to put up to [max villager amount] vacant villager plots in your town, just like you can place pwp's. New villagers will randomly move into one of these. These plots can be removed and build as long as there's no one living or planning to live in them. If there's no empty plot in town, there simply won't be any new villagers moving in.
-Being able to use a color wheel and transparent color option for paths.
-Being able to place furniture in your town/more public works projects.
-Being able to place public works projects on the beach.
-Ice skating. During winter the water in the ponds will be frozen and you can equip ice skates to skate on them.

Two that I can think of (from HHD) are the rugs and ceiling items. I would love see those in the game, since sometimes I don't want a whole big room to look so uniform with one flooring. And quite a few of my rooms could benefit from a fab chandelier, tbh

A lot of what others have said

-half spaces PLEASE (I NEED TO CENTER FURNITURE BETTER)
-Villagers dressing up more (hats and dresses and long sleeves)
-more pwps (a swimming pool that villagers also use please!)
-more flowers (blue lilies, pink pansies, etc)
-rugs and ceilings for decorating (I want my chandeliers!)
-New villagers (Maybe a new species altogether?)
-more minigames (each ds plays a different game released as DLC so you collect them all and play the different games)
-New island tours!

Honestly I just hope they DO another update of my favorite game... (acnl)

Being able to put up to [max villager amount] vacant villager plots in your town, just like you can place pwp's. New villagers will randomly move into one of these. These plots can be removed and build as long as there's no one living or planning to live in them. If there's no empty plot in town, there simply won't be any new villagers moving in.

This!

Also, I'm dreaming here but it would be nice to have the option to take up interior design as a part-time job. Your villagers could file or ping you directly with requests. As it is, sometimes the "randomness" gets to the point where even they think you're lying when you say their house is "great!"
:(

Last edited:
1. I wish the dialogue was less repetitive. I get it, when I'm moving a villager out and am talking to the same villager 20+ times repeats are bound to happen. But when they ask me three times in a row what I think of their outfit, I get a little zonked. I wish they had more dialogue. I feel like despite the personalities, they all say the same thing. Which is a huge let down, because if they're all just going to say the same things, why even bother with the personalities?

2. Garden-space expansion - I wish I could add a little side garden or something to my house, with flowers of my choice from my town. even if it was just a 2x6 space or something. Or even maybe let us turn the camera like we can inside and make it out back... Yeah this one is probably a little unreasonable, but it would bring me joy.

3. Make the petitions mean something. I know some of them are just gags like 'Banish Unsightly Blemishes' or whatever. That's fine too. But (and I know these are gags based on their personality types, but you know what I mean) when my villager petitions for a town snack bar, let me build a town snack bar. Even if maybe it was just an upgrade to Brewsters. Maybe different villagers of yours or a friends' villagers could run it. I dunno, I just wish the petitions meant something. I kind of enjoy the event of getting the signatures and stuff.

4. Sports balls. Don't ask why, but I enjoyed bouncing around the soccers balls and stuff in the original AC. (I don't remember if they were in Wild World because I played that game the least, but I'm fairly certain they weren't in City Folk.) Small detail, but I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe up the AI enough that if I hit a villager with a soccer ball or whatever, they would have a little animation where they bounce it back.

5. More 'part-time jobs'. I love working at Brewsters and I think it's a ton of fun! I would love to say, do little tasks around town for Leif and get a piece of their furniture set or something. Or to have a mini game where a villager describes a plant and I figure out what it is. Or maybe it could be a minigame in the museum, sorting bugs into the proper rooms or something. I don't know, I just really enjoy that. I'm the weirdo that loved working for Tom Nook as a kid and always tried to get him to give me more work.

6. Give me more villager space. I get it, my town as it is isn't big enough. Let me expand my town. Make it a huge PWP that costs millions of bells or something. Let me make my town bigger, and let me have even just two or three more villagers.

7. Writing to people outside of my town - I would love to be able to send mail to people on my friends' list. Like, connect to the wifi, send the letter, then let the letter be transferred next time my friend is on the wifi. I've always gotten a kick out of the letters system and would love to use it with friends more.

I could probably write out a million more things, but I'll stop there. Some of them are probably really obscure to people, and that's fine. I just would really enjoy it if these things were implemented. I don't think any of them will be, but one can dream.

- Up to 20 villagers in town max. At this point there's so many villagers that not even 15 is enough.
- Acre modifying. This will be a bit hard to implement but have it so we can change some acres (for example, moving a ramp that leads to a beach).
- Tons of HHD features like half-spots (0.5 grid instead of 1 grid), ceiling furniture (like lights and disco balls), outdoor furniture and windows curtains/blinds.
- Villagers interact with stuff at home, like turning on and off lights, radios and TV's. Also allow them to open and close curtains/blinds and interact with items such as computers and musical instruments such as guitars. Maybe have them sing near a microphone like in HHD.
- More customizable rooms such as hallways and corridors.
- Smoother camera rotation (as in no-more angles, a bit like HHD).
- More emotions, especially ones from HHD.
- Grass doesn't deteriorate if Beautiful Town Ordinance is enacted.
- New furniture such as wall-mounted radio (as in actual radio, not that stupid cabana wall radio which is actually a TV with no screen).
- Mirrors actually reflect everything that's around them.
- Better PWP placement.
- More dialogue, right now it's too repetitive.
- Write to people outside of town like in City Folk/Let's Go to the City.
- Screenshots are saved at a higher quality like in Doubutsu no Mori e+.
- Sports balls from the N64 and GCN games.
- Part-time jobs.
- An option to ask for chores like in the N64 and first two GCN versions.
- Meaningful petitions.

At this point I think we should just get a new game entirely. New Leaf is an old game and updating doesn't actually make it 'new' again. Not to mention that if they keep updating it, people are going to run out of room on their SD card (you can only have up to 32GB, majority of the used memory would be games and updates).

Back