• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does this mean the cycle is complete?

Cherry-Blossoms

Galactic
Bells
Hot Feather
Cool Feather
Glam Feather
Green Feather
I just got a letter from merengue which kind of scared me (considering she moved out at least a year ago) and it said to dig up the time capsule that I forgot about. I've been cycling villagers quite frequently since I came back to the game, so is it possible this could mean the 16 villager cycle is complete?

I just got a letter from merengue which kind of scared me (considering she moved out at least a year ago) and it said to dig up the time capsule that I forgot about. I've been cycling villagers quite frequently since I came back to the game, so is it possible this could mean the 16 villager cycle is complete?

Nope, i got that letter from Cousteau like a week after he moved.

Not sure, but I'd guess that when the day to open it arrives the game checks if the villager is still in your town and if they are not it has them send you that letter regardless of villager cycle. On another note, I completely forgot time capsules were a thing. Haven't had a villager ask me to bury a time capsule in ages for some reason. Now I miss those.

Last edited:
No, this has nothing to do with the cycle. I got Margie's letter less than a week after she moved out, and she hadn't even showed up in my Main Street yet. However, if Merengue isn't in your Main Street (and check your museum too!) then I believe that means her cycle is completed.

I am trying to be sure on this too as I have a villager I want back in town and I had many go after I feel like I saw her just once then new ones and never again...anyone sure as they don't all show up there at once to count..

Back