• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I start Animal Crossing New Leaf up Again?

xXCrossArrowXx

Bells
It's been probably a year since I played this favorite game of mine. I was in the middle of decorating my town and for some reason I just stopped playing the game.

I'm not positive if I'd want to start over again. Because my current town has millions of bells invested into it. Sure, I got the bells through cheats from a friend, but this town has so much put into it. I have so many building built, and structures as well. However, I can't remember half of my villagers and the ones who I loved are probably gone.

I haven't even gotten the new update yet. I know with it though comes the option of selling your town. If I do that I could start over with mega cash. So I really don't have to worry money wise.

What do you guys think? Should I restart my town? Or should I continue building and growing what I already have.

Thanks for reading! :D

Time travel to the date you stopped playing and all your villagers will be there.

Thing is I don't want to time travel though :/

The options I listed are the ones I'd rather do. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Well ok ;: then gl with the 16 villager cycle if you want to get your villager back xD you've already cheated in bells so why not TT. Just my opinion. Gl with your town. When I returned after 2 years no one was in boxes but ye next day skye was in boxes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you should keep your town btw. It's what I did. But if you don't feel like caring for your town that has bunches of weeds then restart.. note that I takes forever to restart :/

If you still feel any attachment for the town once you load it up and start walking around, I say keep building it. If looking at it doesn't give you motivation, then restart. Sometimes starting fresh can really get you back into the game better than keeping an old town you're not attached to.

Also, you couldn't have possibly lost more than one villager so luck may be on your side. If it was someone you loved, you can get their amiibo card, scan them in and yay. If not, you can always replace them with a villager from the trading plaza. There's tons of new villagers (and of course old favorites) to pick from so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'd start up your town and see what kind of condition it's in first of all. If you're not happy with it, then you can always cash in your current town and start over. But if you think it's salvageable and would rather keep it, then by all means continue building it. It's really hard to say, I think this is down to your own judgment and whether or not you like your town map/mayor.

A fresh start may be what's needed to motivate you to play again though.

My town was in horrible condition probably every space you walk you could see a weed. I had Leif pick them all xd

Back