• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Game keeps crashing?

Aleigh

sans n pap need to be protected under all costs
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8231-3590-6823
New Horizons Token
Pink Hybrid Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Guys I'm really freaking out right now. My ACNL game keeps crashing. I few seconds in the screen will go black and it will say "an error has occurred" and makes me restart my 3ds (it is the new 3ds XL, both the game and the counsel are only a year old). I tried plugging in my other ACNL game, which it had no problem playing. Why is it my most important town won't work? I might just cry. What do I do? It's in perfect condition and it's been crashing for a few days now. Please help me please

Hmm, I believe there is a cartridge problem.
I think the best thing is wait for another software update for animal crossing and see if that fixes the problem.
Another way is saving the save game file though other methods.

Did you hack the game? If you mess around with your town too much via hacking, you can corrupt it. There could also just be something wrong with the cartridge. It could even be a bug with the latest update since it happened to me once when I went to island before I hacked my game.

If it's a cartridge problem you could try buying a digital copy and using the data transfer tool, I've never done it myself but I've read of others doing it. It might save your file.

I'm almost sure its a cartridge problem. people say you should buy digital and transfer the data, I wouldn't do this as digital versions are more likely to corrupt, I think your best bet would be to backup your data on a computer and then transfer it back with a new cartridge, although I'm not sure if this is possible because I don't know if the blocks are combined on your DS if you use 2 different games, if they are then if you have the money you could put your data on a digital then transfer it to a new cartridge if you can. sometime they just go bad, be careful with your games, they actually can get damaged and ruin the game play.

I'm pretty sure that the game somehow managed to screw the saved data the last time you saved, in which the erroneous bits of code from that data cause the game to crash. Assuming that the game card is in perfect condition, I can't see how transferring the save data from physical to digital would solve the problem when the issue comes from the save data itself.

I need to know when your game actually crash. If it only crashes after picking any playable character, then you can salvage your game card by restarting your whole town, thus eliminating the bad bits from the save data. And if you can make any progress despite the constant crashing, you could try bringing your important belongings to another town and regularly save.
If you can't even access your save data at all, then I suggest you resort to third-party tools that allow you to modify or format the save data.

Last edited:
I heard that something else like this happened to someone. Try to backup your data.

This sounds very stressful, Thanks for posting this as i can read how to fix it for future reference. Hope you get your file back soon

Did you hack the game? If you mess around with your town too much via hacking, you can corrupt it. There could also just be something wrong with the cartridge. It could even be a bug with the latest update since it happened to me once when I went to island before I hacked my game.

No, I haven't hacked my game at all.

I'm pretty sure that the game somehow managed to screw the saved data the last time you saved, in which the erroneous bits of code from that data cause the game to crash. Assuming that the game card is in perfect condition, I can't see how transferring the save data from physical to digital would solve the problem when the issue comes from the save data itself.

I need to know when your game actually crash. If it only crashes after picking any playable character, then you can salvage your game card by restarting your whole town, thus eliminating the bad bits from the save data. And if you can make any progress despite the constant crashing, you could try bringing your important belongings to another town and regularly save.
If you can't even access your save data at all, then I suggest you resort to third-party tools that allow you to modify or format the save data.

It usually crashes either when I'm talking to Isabelle or when I first get loaded into the game. Sometimes it lets me play and just hen I think I'm safe, there it goes again.

Ok, so this has been said before, but first see if it's the cart. Get a second copy of acnl, and use a save manager like JKSM to transfer the save. Granted, this needs homebrew, but it's the best way to save your town if it's a cart problem. Digital versions of ACNL are GARBAGE and it might cause more problems in the long run.

If it does it on your new cart, then it's a save file issue. If it's a save file issue, that's harder to fix, but if is I could then take a look at the file for you to see what's wrong as you'd have access then to the garden_plus.dat file of your town and you could just send it to me for me to fiddle with and see if I can't fix.

Back