some of the most nerve-wracking things while playing

Just loading up my game and Isabelle scaring the crap out of me. I be thinking she's going to tell me one of my villagers is moving, but it just ends up being an event.

I hate you, Isabelle!

Last edited:
Doing trades or visiting other people's towns. I always feel inadequate or somehow rude by being there.. I don't know, I'm always generally anxious about stuff but this causes me DREAD.

Yes the dreaded anticipation of seeing if Isabelle says one of my villagers is moving is the worst! I wish little bubbles could show when we are typing so the other person isn't just waiting around wondering if you are typing. I also get nervous when fishing. Sometimes I get so nervous that I feel in too quickly!>.<

When I see a golden stag in the island, my heart jumps and I stop breathing entirely. I'm creeping up to it at a ridiculously slow pace, that one bead of sweat forming on my brow, my heart pounding in my chest with each agonizing second that passes by. I inch closer and closer to the beetle thinking "Please don't miss, please don't scare it away, please make me rich." I finally swing the net....If I catch it I'm screeching in relief 'cause THANK ****, I GOT RICHER. If I miss.......I'm ****in' dead inside. The dread lingers with me for the rest of the entire hunting session. It's the worst feeling. I need bells, damn it.

Having people over to my town or visiting other towns made me so nervous that I don't do it any more.

the loading screen.
i get worried if it says "you know, (villager i like), is leaving tomorrow." if i haven't played for a week
also, a little unrelated, i had this weird dream where in-game there was a chance whenever i walked or ran around any part of the town this creepy gyroid would pop up and i would have to mash the buttons to get out of its grasp

whenever i stay off for too long im afraid some villagers might be gone DX

Just loading up my game and Isabelle scaring the crap out of me. I be thinking she's going to tell me one of my villagers is moving, but it just ends up being an event.

I hate you, Isabelle!

Yes the dreaded anticipation of seeing if Isabelle says one of my villagers is moving is the worst! I wish little bubbles could show when we are typing so the other person isn't just waiting around wondering if you are typing. I also get nervous when fishing. Sometimes I get so nervous that I feel in too quickly!>.<

for all the players who are worried about this - the best thing to do would be to make sure the last time you play you make sure you've stopped someone or thoroughly checked that the rumors the villagers are telling you are their standard inane ones. then you'll be safe whether you open up your game a year or months later. ofc, once you load up again, someone will most likely want to move, so you just gotta stop them on that day. if that's still nerve-wracking, just load up with a new character if you haven't played in a while and see if anyone's moved out. if they have, go back to the last date everyone was there & stop that person, then go back to the original date you loaded up with the new character c:

I get nervous while trying to catch sharks and also get a little nervous when I am digging up a fossil or hitting a rock because I've dug up my hybrids on more than one occasion. Sooo annoying

I was a little bit on the edge when I did Toy Day for the first time because I was worried in case I messed up, but it was stupidly easy so lol. I used to get nervous when fishing too until I started looking away and listening for the audio cue instead, it's made a world of difference. I still get a little bothered if I'm fishing and I can't hear the game audio for whatever reason, like people talking over it or some other background noise. It's even worse when I'm trying to find a particularly rare fish that has a small shadow, and after searching for ages, one finally appears. I'm always terrified in case I screw up the opportunity.

Also, Isabelle on the start up screen... Even though I keep on top of my villagers wanting to move, my heart still stops for a second when she pauses.

Not really stressful but I don't like most of the mailboxes so I'm almost never satisfied with the one I have. I currently have the cardboard mailbox because at least that way I can claim that it's temporary... forever.

I feel you I like just three mailboxes in all I think the other are tacky

oh and today I found my wrecking nerve thing... the 48 limit objects per room
I put them in a way there's still plenty of space but no! limit reached!!
now I can't do that fake shop the way I wanted

yes I know probably more objects would slow down the game but I don't mind that let me at least put five or four objects more!! T_T

Last edited:
Banded dragonflies. Especially in WW and CF, because they are seriously hard to find in those games.

Last edited:
Finding a rare bug and failing to catch it. Or scaring a large fish shadow away which could have potentially been one that I needed :(

Plot resetting always makes me quite paranoid about what it could do to my game.

Loading up my game and my file becomes corrupted. It's happen to me before

When I open up my game and Isabelle tells me that there's a new villager moving in even though I didn't expect it. Or when I fall asleep while playing and my DS dies so I forget whether or not I saved my game.

When I haven't play acnl in a while. I'm so nervous that one of my villagers moves away. ToT
ALSO, catching bugs.. I just suck at it, and I get nervous that I will miss it (i missed couple of spiders. OTL)

Back