• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

some of the most nerve-wracking things while playing

calintz

please standby
Bells
i won't count favorite villagers moving since that generally fills anxiety & dread whenever i load up the game, so mine has to be interaction with other mayors who aren't my friends. how much small talk do they want/expect/etc? do i use my emotions? what if i don't type fast enough and they end & i can't say thank you or whatever else i have to say, etcetcetc. (?﹃? ;;; )

what makes you nervous in acnl? ヾ(;?▽`A

i'm exactly the same, or i feel like i'm being a bad host by not preparing anything for them.. as if it was real life lol.

I'm paranoid about accidentally selling my tools. I always double check

I'm paranoid about accidentally selling my tools. I always double check

yanno, this should worry me more since i've done it three times already D: always hafta go out & rebuy my golden tools orz

fishing fishing fishing fishing fishing. ;~;

esp late at night fishing.

or scorp/tarantula encounters... ._.

fishing fishing fishing fishing fishing. ;~;

esp late at night fishing.

or scorp/tarantula encounters... ._.

if it's reeling in when fishing that's giving you problems, i got good advice when i first started the game: don't look at the screen, just listen to the water c: it's helped me catch everything o/

Staying out of town too long and someone might change their shirt when i'm not looking.

Plot resetting, as well as finding a plotted villager you didn't expect after loading one of your characters. :/

I definitely also agree with having other players over being one of the most nerve-wracking things. I'm never really sure what to do, either, but it's mostly only a problem when they go through my town, since I don't want them to steal my hybrids and whatnot, but I also don't want to follow them because it's awkward. I usually just let them do their own thing and either patrol my town (while trying to avoid them) or guard areas where I have lots of hybrids.

Staying out of town too long and someone might change their shirt when i'm not looking.

this happened to me. D: i was fixing a room, came outside, and toby had changed his shirt. =A=;;; took forever to get him back in his original & make sure he didn't ruin his house with the extra shirt. orz

Plot resetting, as well as finding a plotted villager you didn't expect after loading one of your characters. :/

I definitely also agree with having other players over being one of the most nerve-wracking things. I'm never really sure what to do, either, but it's mostly only a problem when they go through my town, since I don't want them to steal my hybrids and whatnot, but I also don't want to follow them because it's awkward. I usually just let them do their own thing and either patrol my town (while trying to avoid them) or guard areas where I have lots of hybrids.

yeah, that's always awkward. 'w';;; i only let friends roam unsupervised. otherwise, it's magic hand-holding pre-school time, travel in a group, hands inside the car at all times...lololol orz

Used to be bug catching late at night at the island. It's so quiet and I would sometimes accidentally scare off a beetle which would make a very loud sound which in-turn would make me jump. I think the sounds for the beetles flying and snowballs breaking should be made quieter.

when is late at night usually I play with sound shut off (like right now)^^

Last edited:
fishing and doing trades with other players are the most nerve-wraccking for me tbh

Shaking trees and anticipating which one will have bees. Gotta be quick with the net or save button!

Selling items I wanted to keep is definitely a top. I try to shove things in letters now to prevent my fingers from slipping.

Also, diving for some reason is DDD:. I get so antsy when whatever's underneath moves too quickly.

the loading screen.
i get worried if it says "you know, (villager i like), is leaving tomorrow." if i haven't played for a week
also, a little unrelated, i had this weird dream where in-game there was a chance whenever i walked or ran around any part of the town this creepy gyroid would pop up and i would have to mash the buttons to get out of its grasp

Villager interactions that involves changing their shirts while trying to landscape my town so I make sure to save and continue after I've accomplished enough things. In some cases, I'll let another mayor/character visit my town just to be safe.

Fishing. I'm an anxious idiot and I press the A button too early all the time. Bug catching is also nerve wracking for me cuz I'm really bad at aiming at bugs on trees with my net. I commonly accidentally hit above the bug or get too close to it, both of which scare it away. Oh, and diving. I'm really slow so I suck at catching anything underwater that isn't completely stagnant. That makes me dread diving so I've never completely finished my deep-sea encyclopedia. I wish our characters could wear a scuba tank or something so they could breathe underwater...

if it's reeling in when fishing that's giving you problems, i got good advice when i first started the game: don't look at the screen, just listen to the water c: it's helped me catch everything o/

That's a good tip. Though it seems like I would be more anxious as I rely on sight more, I'll give it a try. ;o; It sounds like a logical plan. <3 Thanks for the heads up!

Back