Do you celebrate Epiphany ?

Do you celebrate Epiphany ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters
No, but we did in French class. Our teacher made us one of those cakes and it was pretty good! (but I didn't get to be queen :v)

Last edited:
No, but I still might get a King Cake anyways because many people celebrate Mardi Gras around here because I'm not that far from New Orleans.

Here we have 3 kinds of king cake: galette frangipane, fruit cake and white cake with icing.

What is that? Is it where you cut a cake with little plastic baby Jesus'? I celebrate that today.

I dont get a King cake until the end of the Epiphany season, which is Fat Tuesday/ Mardi Gras/ the day before Lent starts...

On mine there was no baby Jesus but a ceramic character inside. Must be the same holiday XD

Hmm, maybe. Lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just asked my Mom what it was called in English, she said "Epiphany". So, yes!

ive never celebrated it but today i will be, i'll be eating Roscas de reyes, ive never tried it before and im super excited! hopefully i find a tiny baby figure in my slice, i could use the luck!

Last edited:
I dont get a King cake until the end of the Epiphany season, which is Fat Tuesday/ Mardi Gras/ the day before Lent starts...

We don't celebrate Mardi Gras anymore in my place, so sad, it was one of my favorite Holiday as a child.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ive never celebrated it but today i will be, i'll be eating Roscas de reyes, ive never tried it before and im super excited! hopefully i find a tiny baby figure in my slice, i could use the luck!

I've never tried it either, looks yummy, we usually have la galette frangipane as cake, or some white cake when I was younger.

(galette frangipane)
Galettes-de-rois-Thermomix.jpg

And there is little ceramic character hidden inside
chez-cet-artisan-on-reste-traditionnel-avec-les-rois_200647_516x343.jpg

Last edited:

YES, A ROSCA! My cousin always gets a baby, I don't know how...

We don't celebrate Mardi Gras anymore in my place, so sad, it was one of my favorite Holiday as a child.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never tried it either, looks yummy, we usually have la galette frangipane as cake, or some white cake when I was younger.

(galette frangipane)
View attachment 191861

And there is little ceramic character hidden inside
View attachment 191862

woah! from the name, im thinking thats the french version of rosca, either way it looks gorgeous!

i didnt even know what it was lol. It says portugal has a kings cake called o bolo rei so now i finally know what it is. i asked my portuguese mom if she could make a vegan bolo rei for christmas but she never even made one before. :'(

Yes c: Ever since i was a little child i have celebrated it. Its pretty fun , especially when we eat Rosca nwn. Here Epiphany is celebrated in the whole country c:

*also , i get gifts from the 3 kings , which is good because i also get from Santa :rolleyes:

I've never heard of it. After reading up on it, I'm not a Christian, so I do not celebrate it.

woah! from the name, im thinking thats the french version of rosca, either way it looks gorgeous!

Yes it's French, from the North, we also have one that looks like a rosca with fruits and another that looks like a white cake. (I'm Canadian btw)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never heard of it. After reading up on it, I'm not a Christian, so I do not celebrate it.

Yes well you know, lot of not so religious people celebrate Christian holidays, it's more like a tradition in some countries.

hey, look what my Walmart has-- Roscas de Reyes!

(but the King's Cake ive had for Mardi Gras looks like the one in my signature (except not as much icing and more purple/gold/green sugar sprinkles...))

3B1C4Ix.jpg

ahhh i ate rocas and i got a baby jesus~

does that make me a queen? :eek:

Last edited:
I honestly hadn't heard of it until I saw Dad posting about it, I've never really been overly religious so yeah, I'd never heard of it before. I do enjoy cake, so I mean I would totally get in on that cake action. (I would totally choke on the figures though...)

Last edited:
Back