• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you been fooled by a villager's name?

Buster Bunny

Bells
At first when I read the name Muffy, I thought it was a dog villager because of a series of t-shirts featuring a dog with the same name.

Got kinda disappointed to learn she was actually a black sheep who got transfered to another town few days after I kicked her out.

When I heard about the returning Welcome Amiibo villagers, I got momentarily excited thinking that Weber would be some sort of spider-themed animal (or perhaps even a spider). Since New Leaf is my first AC game, I had no idea what to expect from the old villagers. I was disappointed to find out he's a duck. But then I realized ducks have webbed feet, then I made the connection. :p

When I hear of Cleo I thought she'd be an Egyptian themed villager kinda like ankha but turns out she's a purple horse we kawaii eyes..

personally I never understood that necessity to have different names for each country in my game Marshall is called Scott too
I think they should have done like with pokemon with the same international names for all

Last edited:
I thought Crackle was a new villager, (I got fooled by it when someone misspelled his European name as "Cracker") But it turns out it was Spork's European the whole time.

And when I saw the 50 returning villager's name during the update direct, I was unaware of the E+ English names. So I wasn't sure if Raddle was gonna make it in. But when I looked up the updated amiibo card site, it turns out Raddle was that villager I've been hoping to return since 2013. Which was weird, because 2016 was the year I predicted he was going to come back from a new Animal Crossing game.

I got excited when I saw the name Cheri moving in, thinking it was the uchi dog Cherry. Turned out she was a cub and was pretty disappointed. Also when I first read the name Marshal I thought he was going to be some kind of duck because ducks tend to live in marshes and ponds.

I got excited when I saw the name Cheri moving in, thinking it was the uchi dog Cherry. Turned out she was a cub and was pretty disappointed. Also when I first read the name Marshal I thought he was going to be some kind of duck because ducks tend to live in marshes and ponds.

Omg I wish I had cherry's card instead of Cheri! Cheri looks really bad in my opinion :(

Last edited:
Omg I wish I had cherry's cases instead of Cheri! Cheri looks really bad in my opinion :(

I agree, Cheri does look quite bad D: I'm really glad to have moved her out as soon as I could

I agree, Cheri does look quite bad D: I'm really glad to have moved her out as soon as I could

Cherry must have a low chance of spawning in your town! I've gotten every uchi besides her D:
Cheri the evil cub.

I get tammy and tammi mixed up a lot.
I also keep thinking that tammi is shari for some reason?

Back