• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Eye Patch and Doctor's Mask?

Sheando

give me the pointy animals
Bells
Purple Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Blue Bunny Balloon
Yellow Pansy
Shooting Star
Red Lily
Red Lily
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Red Pansy
Yellow Cosmos
I feel like I'm constantly seeing player characters wearing either the eye patch or the doctor's mask (if that's what they're called). Why are these items so popular? They don't necessarily seem to fit the cute/pastel theme that is so prevalent in determining what villagers and items the AC community finds desirable. I don't really have a strong opinion on the items, so I'm not trying to say "I can't BELIEVE people like these; they're so UGLY!" I am just curious as to how they became such a common mayoral outfit piece when they don't particularly seem to match the aesthetic of most popular items. Did someone start a trend? If you wear one of these, what made you like it?

Aren't doctor's masks used a lot in Japan when people get sick? I kinda figured that was part of it. Like I think even in Japan I've heard it's kinda trendy in some parts or something. Plus germs lots of people living on top of each other. So it's a thing IRL so naturally it's going to carry over to acnl I guess. :)

I wear them on my mayor but I don't usually make my town cutesy. My last town had a zombie plague type back story.

Personally I think it's cute. Because obviously noone is really hurt so it's a style thing. That was my thoughts on it anyway. :) Might be wrong.

i've never seen anyone wear the doctor's mask tbh

i can get why people wear the eye patch tbh, or maybe that's just cause it's sort of my type of aesthetic

is an aesteyic trend brought by anime\manga and other games like visual novels is quite common usually I see more girls than boys wearing it
personally I like it but not on animal crossing despite having a sick character in my game ^^

Last edited:
No idea why so many people wear the eye patch, if they were going for a pirate theme it would make sense but not many people really have that theme.

The eye patch is kind of a trendy little accessory used for some anime characters (like Kaneki Ken). The doctor's mask looks like the same type of mask that Japanese girls often wear when they're sick or to hide their faces when they're out in public and not wearing any makeup. It's just become kind of a sort of style I guess.

plus if you give a guy sun glasses and doctor mask plus a hat the become a japanese style pervert XD

i like the eyepatches... ill just put it in my boyfriend's words

"I'm too badass to show the rest of my face"

and i HATE it when they nag you to take it off like this for example

L3cDluN.jpg

tumblr_n8hf0ucAQ01tsy4szo1_400.jpg

i love that they love you and all but please, guys let me cosplay what i want

Last edited:
I feel that the bandages are so popular as well but maybe that's only acnl tumblr.. I like the way these items look for the most part, they add a bit of character, although I feel they are very commonly used accessories. Still cute in my opinion~

I originally gave my mayor, Autumn, the post-op patch. I thought it would be a cute cover up for all the bee stings I used to get when I just started my game. Now I've removed it because it doesn't fit Autumn's style and I don't shake trees anymore. I gave it to my new character Winter, for no reason in particular. I think it's become some sort of habit.

i like the eyepatches... ill just put it in my boyfriend's words

"I'm too badass to show the rest of my face"

and i HATE it when they nag you to take it off like this for example

L3cDluN.jpg

tumblr_n8hf0ucAQ01tsy4szo1_400.jpg

i love that they love you and all but please, guys let me cosplay what i want
Omg I wear bandages all the time ;0; Francine and coco tell me to be more careful with myself ;-:

in-game I always wear my post-op patch, I never remove it ever. It has an actual deep meaning to me I'd rather not disclose. Its not exactly trendy to wear but I feel its necessary somehow :|

Back