Giveaway πŸ’°πŸŽ WINNERS POSTED β€ΌοΈπŸ΅ 100 TBTs β€Όβ€Ό THE PEN'S 2016 MEMORY CONTEST πŸ’°πŸŽ

The Pennifer

πŸ’™ Bye, Lulu πŸ’™
Bells
Switch
4295-0507-7702
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Playful Scenery
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Feedback
100% (749) +
πŸ’°πŸŽ WINNERS POSTED β€ΌοΈπŸ΅ 100 TBTs β€Όβ€Ό THE PEN'S 2016 MEMORY CONTEST πŸ’°πŸŽ

hrinbm.jpg

This is my take on a cartoon I saw recently ... my Mayor Pen remembering 2016 ... (please don't comment on her holiday "puff" ... she is quite sensitive about it and a strict diet is looming 'largely' on the horizon) :rolleyes:

I just thought it would be fun to have something different to look at on this thread ... something fun to do!

So ... since 2016 had some very great things with regard to our beloved Animal Crossing with the Welcome Amiibo update ... and there are so many awesome details, like the new characters, all the great items, Harvey's RV campsite ... etc etc

I am offering a prize of 100 TBTs to the best written expression of what you love about the new update!

You can enter only once, so please put some thought into it ... I will choose by personal preference ... if you would like to include some of your original art with your entry, that would be lovely, but not necessary ... also you could include a photo from your town with characters, use your imagination ... this is purely for fun.

Contest will run from time of posting until Sunday January 8th midnight (my time zone is PST)

Last edited:
I would like to enter!

I like the amiibo update because, I love the campground, it expands the map a little more. You can now get villager cards so you don't have to cycle the whole 16 villager anymore, I am so happy to get the update, sadly I don't have Amiibo Cards, I also love how you can invite Special Villagers like Wolf Link and Epona, I have always wanted a non animal crossing villager to move in! I also love the way you can buy in RVs using MEOW Coupons! That way, it makes it easier to get items that are hard to get like, the 7-11 Set and ABD. I also like the sanrio cards, that can also move in to your town! I personally like Chai and Etoile, they are really cute, and I like the Kiki and Lala and the Cinnamoroll sets. I also personally like Wisp, he is a great addition to the game so you can invite RVs to the Campground. I also like the Secret Storage Room when you upgrade your house, my locker was full so I was happy to upgrade it, I also saw Lottie in the game and taught me how to move things more easily in your house, that way I don't have to push all my items to arrange them! So, I love everything about the update, thanks for the giveaway!

I won't be entering, but this is super sweet of you Pen! You're kind as ever~

Good luck to everyone entering. I hope you all had a wonderful 2016 despite it seeming so bad for a lot of people e_e

Penn, you're so sweet!
I love the new update because there was so sooo many new and cute items! I'm addicted to collecting food items for my kitchen, and the update gave us so many! Cupcake, fancy teaset, glass teapot, cup of tea, shaved ice, hearty breakfast, light breakfast, etc. It also gave us perfect bedroom items like the desk mirror, desktop TV, basket chair, basic trash can, hanging trash can, etc. The campgrounds were a very nice addition, it's beautiful with the waterfall and PWP's. The descriptions in the RV's are hilarious as well! I really like the MEOW coupon initiatives, it helps me enjoy my town more~ It's nice how compatible amiibo is now, a lot of people can get their dreamies! How they added a 3DS and WiiU into the game was genius! It was so cool how the logo would pop up when you turned them on. Plus you can sit on rocks! love the Sanrio cards! Etoile is my favorite, and those sets? EEE! Since I am a hoarder, the secret storage was AMAZING, I loved the new way to move your furniture around.
P.S Lovely art as always! ^_^

Last edited:
This is very sweet of you Pen! I won't be entering though, I hope everyone has a good try at this and good luck!

Uh, i guess i'll try and give this a shot...

The new update was by far, probably the best update, ever. Probably because with this update, it got more people to play, even my self, i stop playing for almost a year, but this update and all of its amazing new features, got me back and rolling. From all of the new amiibo items, RVs, and even how you can sit on rocks, i think they thought through this a lot, and it turned out great. The small details are the best in my opinion, how now fertilizer works better than ever, you can sit on rocks, and there is tons of new items, like the new RV items, so for collectors, this is a gold mine. Like me, i love t collect stuff, so if you used to have a 100% catalog, not anymore. You can collect all of the new RV items, from amiibo figures, the new amiibo RV cards, and Harvey's items. There are also the minigames, oh the minigames. If you ever get bored with it, you're crazy because who wouldn't like to relax a bit with some Puzzle League, it's educational too since you're kind of working on how fast you can press buttons, and reaction time lol. Also, in my opinion the Desert Island Escape is best minigame, because it's a bit similar to the AC Amiibo Festival game, but it's more interactive and fun. I would of liked more types of minigames, but if you wanted the update to be released in 2016, it's better than nothing. Also, let's talk about the items, they're the best of all. There's tons of different types of food items to collect, like the ramen cup (which is pretty cute) the ramen plate from Julia's RV, roasted dino meant from Wendell's and other stuff, that's really cute and fun to collect but i have no patience to name. But it's not just the items to collect, but it's the actual cards and figurines. It's a bit bad that Nintendo is literary forcing us to waste hundreds of dollars, making us addicted to collecting these little plastic virtual cards, and toy figurines, but as i said, thsi is a gold mine for people who love to collect things, like me. So far, i've been trying to collect all of the figurines first, since they're much less than the cards, and i only need Digby to complete my collection. (My parents wasted like 100 dollars on all of them, but i guess its worth it lol) and the cards... Oh the cards, there are so many of them, and since they are randomized, they're can be duplicates and it is a pain to collect them all, but i'm getting there, step by step... Well i probably got a little off-topic, but what i was trying to say is how revolutionary was Nintendo's idea of adding the amiibo fucntion to the game, and how it changed thousands of people's lives. By that i mean how everyone is now 24-7 playing acnl lol.

Well that was it... xD

I'm not entering, but good luck to everyone who's taking part in the contest!

Also, Pennifer, you're really cool to run this. Keep doing what you do! :)

I'm not entering, but good luck to everyone who's taking part in the contest!

Also, Pennifer, you're really cool to run this. Keep doing what you do! :)
Thanks, Darlin' ❀ ... it's just a fun thing to do, and I know you like giving also!
This is not really related, but I wanted to share my silly picture of my Lulu ... I should make a thread somewhere to post it ... can't think where though! Lol

25qbp6r.jpg

The update gave old players the feeling of coming back. Which is great to see old friends! Friends! :)

That's mine. Simple and sweet.

Last edited:
121pzit.gif

There have been awesome entries up til now! But time for more yet!

The new update is just amazing! Firstly I fell in love with the new Sanrio characters!!! they're so cute and I really wanted to have these sanrio items which made my house incredibly cute! aha and I think the campground is an awesome idea cuz we can get lots of new furnitures! This game has always been my favorite, but after this update I feel like I wanna play more and make my town better! it became even more fun to play this game!

This update is wonderful. I have been playing animal crossing since wild world and consider new leaf to be my favorite video game. I never thought it would get an update, and especially not one this large scale adding so many new features and items. Although there is much that I love, three things specifically stand out to me. First of all, I of course adore the new campgrounds. Between feeding the birds, warming my hands by the fire (or doing a dorky but cute square dance), and visiting new amiibo friends at the campsite I spend much of my acnl day, hanging out there. It truly expands the town and gives you another daily task which I find enjoyable and as relaxing as the entire game. Secondly, I love the Sanrio villagers as others have said... specifically my baby Etoile. I have always loved the sheep in their little scarfs but she is my new favorite! For some reason she always has interesting dialogue (not the same as the other normal villagers in my town) and her purple wool filled with "stardust" is super cute!!! I love her so much and thanks to the update there are lots of new villagers just like Etoile for people to fall in love with! Finally, it may be a small thing but I love the idea of a holiday to celebrate the founding of the town. The day we all began our acnl adventure should be marked as a special day and I think it is great that now everyone in the town comes together to celebrate the day the town began and appreciate all the work that was out into the town and made it what it is today.

Thanks for the contest, I hope you enjoy reading what I love about the update and congrats to the winner and everyone else who entered, I loved reading your entries as much as I enjoyed writing my own!

Bumping with reminder! Still just over 24 hours to enter!

121pzit.gif

There have been awesome entries up til now! But time for more yet!

The new update allows me to use My Many Amiibo cards which i have spent countless of money on ??? So being able to use them in two separate games for different types of things is a great add-on. And having the ability to get even more food furniture from the campsites from around the world so i can display many of my own countries food in my house.

And by Nintendo bringing back 50 of the old edited out characters with the update, It allows me to have many of my old villagers from my GameCube town back and having the ability to get them in my New Leaf town.

:D Plus the update being Free was a plus plus bonus.

Buuuuuuuuummpp

n3u1aw.jpg

Closing at midnight tonight ... Get your entry in!

Animal Crossing saved my 2016. Only 3 video games that I could find enjoyable, until November 2016 comes around, and animal crossing updates. I immediately got right back into playing, and then spent $70+ on amiibo and animal crossing. The update made the game enjoyable for me and brought me back to tbt. I am enjoying the furniture and campground, and excited to get my amiibo cards that I now have a lot of money to spend on.

OK ... closing this thread for entries ... I will go over all the submissions and post a winner in the morning!
Thanks for all the lovely wishes and to those who entered, thanks for sharing what you love about the game and update!

55.gif

(?`β€’.β€’??) (?`β€’.β€’??)
*`β€’.?(?`β€’.β€’??)?.β€’? β™₯
β˜† β™₯ `β€’.?.β€’? β™₯ ? β˜†.??.β€’??`β™₯ The Pennifer

Well, it was very hard to choose just one Big Winner!! But then I knew it would be (why do I create these difficult tasks for myself!? Every entry touched on things I love about this update too and I thought that each and every one very well expressed! I enjoyed reading them very much! ❀

At any rate, there can only be one grand prize winner ... Congratulations, sizzi!!

I will gift 5 TBTs to everyone just for entering ❀

But, I also am awarding pinklolipop34, Xandra, mewto28 20 TBTs each (they're my Bells and I can gift them how I like!) Lol :rolleyes:
So, Congratulations to you all! Award Bells have all been sent ❀

2j2vnso.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving thread open for a while for winners and/or comments and congrats ... or does anybody even do that anymore?
eqxn9i.jpg

Last edited:
Back