• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Emoji Gallery | Critique New Styles [Amazemojis]

raeyoung

p fly for a villain guy
Bells
Switch
5304-8149-2418
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Pikachu Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
1471535360.png

Emoji Gallery

tumblr_m8ftoakrTE1r7nk4k.gif

{ Here's my shop if you want to visit it: click here! }

Hi, I'm Niji! Welcome to the Emoji Gallery for Amazemojis! I will be trying new styles because the pixels are kind of hard to size and I will be looking at the size of the iPhone emojis for reference, but they probably won't be that tiny. I'm still trying to find a signature style to go by that works.
I might be doing giveaways of emoji sets for different styles as I test them out. I'll base it off of my schedule and other contributing factors. Thanks!

Current Villager Style:
happyf_orig.png

Current Human Style:
happii.png

none

none yet.

Last edited:
This art is so adorable, both styles are lovely and I really see the improvement in the newer one. I do suggest trying to go for skin tones that are warmer though, like in the official art!

18q9ocmu9ac6hpng.png

Something I noticed is that light reds in skin tones rather than yellows and browns makes things look nicer!!

New Canvas.png

See what I mean? :)

I agree with MayorSarah13 ! Though there isn't anything wrong with yellow, it just seems bland imho, it kind of has the same effect as shading with black. The slightly pinkish skin-tone is much more pleasing to look at~

Oh cool, you're back! :) I see improvement on your new style! I think it looks very cute! Looking forward to more of your work! :)

I agree with MayorSarah13 ! Though there isn't anything wrong with yellow, it just seems bland imho, it kind of has the same effect as shading with black. The slightly pinkish skin-tone is much more pleasing to look at~

it only looks shaded with black because her lines are black
so many pixel artists use yellow but shade with orange or a deep red color. even people in real life don't always have a pink tone. some are more olive and some are more yellow.

I agree with pawpatrolbab and MayorSarah13, to an extent. Tones of red have a warmer feel in pictures, and is more pleasing in some ways. But I believe you can make yellow skin tones work, but you choose a very pale yellow which makes it look washed out. That being said, maybe with some shading it wouldn't look as washed out or you could try a bit of a darker yellow skin tone... #fee79b? Either way, it looks awesome. :D

Hey guys! Thanks for the critique!

@Tobia; I will see how that color works. Thanks for the color code~

A quick question though, does anyone know of any drawing programs or pixel art sites that can resize the canvas? Not in how big the pixels are, but how wide or tall they are. When I make these emojis, the site I use doesn't have it, so the emojis have some space above and below them.

I was thinking of making the official style with drawing. Kind of cartoon-ish, but I have no clue how to do so. If anyone has anything in mind, let me know!

Hey guys! Thanks for the critique!

@Tobia; I will see how that color works. Thanks for the color code~

A quick question though, does anyone know of any drawing programs or pixel art sites that can resize the canvas? Not in how big the pixels are, but how wide or tall they are. When I make these emojis, the site I use doesn't have it, so the emojis have some space above and below them.

I was thinking of making the official style with drawing. Kind of cartoon-ish, but I have no clue how to do so. If anyone has anything in mind, let me know!

Any paint program lets you resize you canvas such as MS paint and GIMP (which is free).

I'm not sure what you meant by the last part. "I was thinking of making the official style with drawing." Do you me you want to draw something as a reference for making an emoji?

Any paint program lets you resize you canvas such as MS paint and GIMP (which is free).

I'm not sure what you meant by the last part. "I was thinking of making the official style with drawing." Do you me you want to draw something as a reference for making an emoji?

Okay.

The last part means that I was thinking about drawing the emojis digitally instead of using pixels, but I don't know yet.

Oh, I have no idea how you'd do that... You can't draw that small, that's why pixels are generally used to make emojis. But you could try drawing bigger and resizing it to be as small as an emoji. :)

Oh, I have no idea how you'd do that... You can't draw that small, that's why pixels are generally used to make emojis. But you could try drawing bigger and resizing it to be as small as an emoji. :)

Yeah. I'll probably do with resizing. I'll see what I can do. I'm limited in how I can draw rn. :<

if you want to crop an image you could google image resizer and a bunch of stuff u can use should pop up

it only looks shaded with black because her lines are black
so many pixel artists use yellow but shade with orange or a deep red color. even people in real life don't always have a pink tone. some are more olive and some are more yellow.

I never said that the users art was shaded with black, was merely using that as an example.
The user is asking for critique! You don't need to agree with everyone's comments~ They asked and I'm giving my critique

im responding to other people's critique that i disagree with so she can consider it more and that's a part of my critique :)
id say your response just now was a bit unnecessary x

im responding to other people's critique that i disagree with so she can consider it more and that's a part of my critique :)

I could say the same for you friend~

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yikes, idk why it double posted

Last edited:

I could say the same for you friend~

I suggest moving this elsewhere as it is no longer productive.

You've both stated your opinions/citiques and the OP is now able to take them into consideration.

Try to stay focused on the task instead of eachother.
leaf_by_stepheroo-dauz92k.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

For resizing, I use the Edit > Scale Image tool in http://www140.lunapic.com/editor/

It can also do quick transparencies, etc.

And just to add, I'm not a huge GIMP user since I stopped making signatures here on tbt like two years ago lmao so I can't remember what it's all like, but I can say that the LunaPic Scale Image Tool has not lost any quality when resizing up or down for me so far which is something that usually happenes when I try to make images smaller/bigger.

Last edited:
Back