• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you put butter on your sandwiches and bread/toast?

???

• Total voters
It depends on what the filling is. If it's egg mayo or something wet then no. If it's something dry, like cheese or tuna then yes.

On toast is a must.

Unnecessary? Yes. Yummy? YES.

I only like it on toast though. Putting it on sandwiches seems odd.

I used to love toast with butter, now I have no appetite for it. I'd never eat toast on its own because it's too dry and plain for me.

I put butter on toast, and when I was younger I would make peanut butter and butter sandwiches, which was just toast with peanut butter and butter on it. My grandpa use to put butter on all of his sandwiches, he's put it and then the other condiments over it but always put butter on it first, I thought it was kind of gross.

I never put butter on toast. I almost always have my toast plain, or when I'm in the mood for a change, I'll use peanut butter.

i put butter on plain bread or toast, ive tried spreading butter on the outside of a sandwich and then toasting it to give it a bit of a crunch but it didnt really work and just made it oily and gross

Yes, I put butter on sandwiches, toast, you name it. I used to always eat bread plain and had convinced myself that I liked it that way, but after finally putting butter on it now I can't eat anything without butter. :p

I put butter on my toasts / english muffins

Butter on toast...
The only time i have butter on sandwich is if I make grilled cheese or eat bahn mi.

I don't like butter, it makes me sick after eating it. I sometimes use peanut butter, though.

Back