Are you Biracial or Mixed?

Really? Here in California, it's a pretty common mix. I've had a lot of mixed Asian/White friends. My cousin is actually mixed herself (half Vietnamese half white), and she's my closest source for anecdotes on being mixed.

I'm not mixed/biracial myself, but growing up with a Vietnamese nuclear family whose primary language is Vietnamese, but surrounded by American culture/the English language otherwise, I've experienced my fair share of cultural clashes. One thing, though, is that without knowing my name, other Asians pretty much always guess my ethnicity wrong lmao.
Oh yes, I totally forgot that even all of my cousins are Filipino/White ahah. It does depend where you live though, cause even around my area, it's quite uncommon.

Mixed! I'm Mexican/American. I love both cultures, I never lean more to one or the other. I speak Spanish and English, Spanish is apparently my first language, but I know English WAY better.
I never had identity issues, I knew I was both. My parents raised me definitely the more Mexican way, but that didn't really change anything. :p

Mixed! I'm Mexican/American. I love both cultures, I never lean more to one or the other. I speak Spanish and English, Spanish is apparently my first language, but I know English WAY better.
I never had identity issues, I knew I was both. My parents raised me definitely the more Mexican way, but that didn't really change anything. :p

That's good! It's always good to hear when people don't have identity issues ahah. Were you ever treated differently by people of your own ethnicity? I've had that happen to me a lot, so I'm kind of curious hehe

I'm almost half Asian....yayy
It gave me kinda olive skin though which sucks because I like pale skin lmao

I'm black/white but grew up and was raised by my mom and grandparents who are black. My dad is white but I don't know him since I haven't seen him since I was probably 3? I don't like to identify as one race though since I am not just black or not just white so I always mark "two or more races" on tests and forums.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm black/white but grew up and was raised by my mom and grandparents who are black. My dad is white but I don't know him since I haven't seen him since I was probably 3? I don't like to identify as one race though since I am not just black or not just white so I always mark "two or more races" on tests and forums.

Also, I feel like most black people don't like me because I am mixed. I was bullied by a group of black girls in middle school once and again in high school for absolutely no reason at all.

I'm not. There's really not a lot else to say.

However, I will say that anyone who is kinda 50/50 white/black has a really good colour of skin - it's the perfect balance, like milk chocolate instead of white or dark. Don't hate me for comparing people to chocolate.

I don't like to identify as one race though since I am not just black or not just white so I always mark "two or more races" on tests and forums.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I feel like most black people don't like me because I am mixed. I was bullied by a group of black girls in middle school once and again in high school for absolutely no reason at all.

I'm sorry you had to go through that :/ . Its pretty upsetting when people hate on their own race/ethnicity like, you're literally hating on a part of yourself, if that even makes sense. How light your skin color is shouldn't matter!!!! Personality does!!!
I hope the bullying didn't get to you;;; just know that your skin is beautiful the way it is~

Also lol...I don't like identifying myself as one of my races, however when it's for education purposes I always mark I'm black and then for jobs etcccc I write I'm Asian lmao.

Last edited:
I am Filipino/Nigerian. When I was younger, I often stated I was only one or the other simply out of laziness lol. My skin is on the lighter side of the spectrum so people usually assume that I'm only Asian. Most of the time I don't even bother correcting them because I would rather not be bombarded with questions afterwards :'0)

I am Filipino/Nigerian. When I was younger, I often stated I was only one or the other simply out of laziness lol. My skin is on the lighter side of the spectrum so people usually assume that I'm only Asian. Most of the time I don't even bother correcting them because I would rather not be bombarded with questions afterwards :'0)
I see!! Usually for me, people just assume everything else except being biracial, and then they're shocked to find out lol.

There was this one time, I had a co-worker who randomly came up to me and started speaking Spanish to me lol. I looked at him in so much confusion. He then was like "what? Did your parents not teach you Spanish growing up??" And I was like "....I am not Hispanic why would they."
His reaction was hilarious lol. I'm never really offended when it happens, and people's reactions are always golden.

i am Mexican but i was born in america so im guessing that makes me mexican american

Yup, in the winter I tend to get pale but in the summer when I'm out in the sun for most of the day I get dark as hell.

I never notice a difference with my skin in the summer/winter, but I feel like the reason for that is because where I live. It doesn't get very hot and sunny during the summer. Either that or, maybe it's cause I don't go outside enough ahah.
Another reason why people shouldn't judge people on skin color tho! It can always change shades

i am Mexican but i was born in america so im guessing that makes me mexican american

that's simply your nationality. just because you were born in america doesn't mean you're ethnically "american", and therefore would not mean you are of mixed race by that regard.

I'm Black/Korean. I know next to nothing about my Korean culture, which is a shame. Hopefully I can fix that soon. So I relate more to my other half. But a lot of black people I've been around treated me differently because I'm mixed. Because I don't look black, they assume I'm not black. This one black girl thought that because I was half, it kinda didn't count. She'd basically quiz me on how black I am which was the dumbest thing I've ever encountered. She'd ALWAYS target me over dumb little **** that doesn't even define someone's race at all. Every time some rap song came on she's like "DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS??" If I said no, she'd be like "pft, figures lol" We were all watching the BET Awards at some point out of boredom and she goes "lol I bet Ash doesn't even know who any of these people are." I'd ask her why tf she assumed that, and her response is "'cause you're not that black." ????? It was frustrating, because I shouldn't have to prove my race to someone anyway, it's pointless and her logic was totally screwed.

Then there was just other little ****, like black people excluding me from conversations because "I wouldn't get it", or being accused of lying about my race lol. But this all happened either when I was a kid or when I was a teenager, and people can be pretty ignorant in that age, so it's whatever. I'm not mad.

Last edited:
Back