• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ignoring Gulliver...

hoodathotit

Peach 🍑
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Mystery New Balloon Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Cake
Due to his tedious nattering, I've been just walking past him for a while now. He only has a fairly limited number of destinations and it just ain't worth my time to endure his (expletive deleted). I'd really like to hold his beak under water until....well....I can't possibly be alone here, can I? (At least, in his RV, he's reasonably succinct.)

Last edited:
I ignore him sometimes.

LOL for real dude. every time I see him on the beach I'm like not this drunk again. I only ever bother with him if I have the megaphone on me since I do like a few of his items..

LOL for real dude. every time I see him on the beach I'm like not this drunk again. I only ever bother with him if I have the megaphone on me since I do like a few of his items..

Wait....have I been missing something? Does the megaphone wake him up faster?

I've collected all his items years ago and since I go rarely to the beach ignoring him is pretty easy ^^

Many thanks to the fine folks who suggested using the megaphone. Brought that little Buzzard to his feet like right NOW!

"I just wanted to look cool in-front of everybody!" - Gulliver, Animal Crossing: The Movie

(or something along the lines of that, I can't remember :p)

Every since I got all of his items I just ignore him now.

I keep ignoring him too! I feel bad lol but I've been focusing on the outside of my town before I start collecting everything and focusing on the smaller things

I've ignored him every time I've seen him for months now. Sick of his dramatic ass, he's clearly just pretending to faint to troll and my busy mayor self doesn't have time for his nonsense. Every time one of my villagers is like "OH WOW GULLIVER'S PASSED OUT ON THE BEACH OH NO YOU SHOULD GO CHECK ON HIM, BRO!"

HAH. Please. I will leave him to rot.

How you were guys waking him up? I was always using the megaphone o_O

I had to keep talking to him until he finally woke up. Sometimes I'd have to speak to him like 10 times in a row...It was hell. Which is why I'm done with him.

Last edited:
Haha I actually love talking to Gulliver. The old game references still make me smile. Sweet Bobbery of Rogueport.

Last edited:
Every time I try to ignore him I feel bad and just can't. I think it has more to do with the fact he was pretty rare in population growing. And then there was the whole shoot his UFO down nonsense. Which I was unsuccessful at ever doing really.
I'm just happy all I have to do is spam talking to him.
Doesn't mean I still don't sigh and roll my eyes or give up if he doesn't wake up by try 10 though. XD

I wake him up for item cataloguing purposes.

I always thought this, too. I want to get each item. Which I know there are a few I don't have yet.

I haven't thought about continuing to talk to him once I had everything... I suppose I would. I can respect an explorer like him.

I did not know however, that you could stick the megaphone up to his ear & scream at him. That's actually pretty funny. I'll have to try it.

Back