Ignoring Gulliver...

I mean, it''s not like you shot his spaceship down, right? RIGHT!?
Yes it wakes him up if you call his name, but you have to be near him.
woooooow I can't believe I never though of that!

He's annoying when you don't have TT Emporium opened yet so here you are hoping for Gracie to visit but instead you get him every so often. Same if you want to get a visit from Katrina. Otherwise, I make him my last priority (when I'm done doing stuff for the day) if I still need his items.

And oh I never thought of the megaphone waking him up haha. I'll try that, thank you!

The megaphone is such a good idea tbh, I never thought it would work. I thought he was too dead asleep to hear it...

I hardly wake him up. I don't even have all of the items either, I'm just too lazy to go through his blabbering :p

I can't remember the last time I bothered waking him. I think I'm still missing a few items but I find it too much hassle locating him on the beach sometimes, especially if he happens to be all the way at the bottom of my long beach. I guess I only really do it now if I'm bored and have done everything else I needed to do, but I mostly ignore him.

I love Gulliver as a character though. I wish there was a seagull villager.

I even don't know when he's on the beach... (ᗒᗜᗕ)

I use my police station to find out, and save myself a trip running along the shorelines looking. If I don't see Redd or Katrina in my plaza & haven't seen anybody else, I'll check in with the cops. (I assume if Redd or Katrina is there, that I won't have any other visitors. Though this rule does not apply for Katy, it seems like she can be in town at the same time as any of these.) The police are usually pretty good about letting you know if Saharah or Gulliver is in town.

I do believe I had one of them before, and the cop dog failed to say anybody was in town though...so they're not 100% reliable.

I pretty much never even check my beach tbh. I don't have the police station yet so I can't check with them, so I pretty much never even know if Gulliver is in my town oops

The megaphone can be also used to discover if Gulliver is around.
Say his name and you'll get a "No response..." message which means he is in the beach.

I usually help him since his items can be sold for a good cash or used in the personal museum if I already have one in my home.

Never crossed my mind not to help him, I think he has great dialog & I like the pressies, even if I already have. I haven't got them all anyway. Give an incorrect answer sometimes to get a chocolate coin.

I ignore him now in my second town. Have all his stuff and can get it from my first town if I want, which I don't.

Usually I always go talk with Gulliver if a villager mentions him. :eek:
Sometimes I forget and don't do it though. :p

I didn't know that!

I called out to Wolfgang on that thing, and Kapp'n answered. o_O
Kapp'n always answers. The lad has saltwater in his ear or something...

I always talk to him because my town tune sounds horrible in his greeting theme and it is pretty funny. I just don't like that he is sometimes on the tiny but of beach I can't get to without a wetsuit.

Yeah, I started to ignore him after I got all the items haha. Sometimes I feel badly and I'll wake him up, but for the most part if I see him on the beach I just run past. Kinda dark to leave him passed out on my beach but I got sharks to catch.

Sometimes he visited my town like every second day and sometimes he's missing for weeks, so.. yeah. Because I have 2 towns and I play often in both of them, Gulliver is often there and he always wants like to the US or Japan and it's just a little boring but sometimes he's kinda funny, idk. I don't ignore him, bc he's a little sailor.

I talk to him. I've always enjoyed having these random characters come to town in the Animal Crossing games.

That megaphone is dodgy though. I'm saying his name but random villagers respond! Must be my Irish accent haha.

;)

Back