• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things only Animal Crossing people will understand

Acnl_starfall

Acnl addict
Bells
October Birthstone (Opal)
Red Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Share something that only Animal Crossing people will understand!!

When me and my sister fight we threaten to delete each others towns
Ive learned many fish and bugs through Animal Crossing

Share something that only Animal Crossing people will understand!!

When me and my sister fight we threaten to delete each others towns
Ive learned many fish and bugs through Animal Crossing

I can understand siblings threatening to kill each other, but to delete one's town??? Shudder!

"I'VE SEEN THIS FISH IN ANIMAL CROSSING!!"
-AC players visiting an aquarium

hahah YESSS! to be honest, I learned so much about fish and bugs through this game (originally from blathers' ramblings).

once I asked my room mate if I could borrow some bells because I left my cash at home ._.

I frequently have to highlight and do a search for the food items that the varmints mention. Nice to always learn something new.

I frequently have to highlight and do a search for the food items that the varmints mention. Nice to always learn something new.

Don't know how these woodland creatures get their paws on such fancy gourmet meals. I don't know wtf they're talking about most of the time, I have to google literally 90% of the food & drinks they bring up.

Friend: Hey, do you want to hang out today?
Me: Sorry, I can't. I'm supposed to visit Fauna's house later, and I have to do some beetle hunting on the island too.

Don't know how these woodland creatures get their paws on such fancy gourmet meals. I don't know wtf they're talking about most of the time, I have to google literally 90% of the food & drinks they bring up.

I don't know why they go to all the trouble when a microwave is readily available. 3 minutes for a Jimmy Dean's breakfast suits me just fine. Geezer warning: I remember when the first generation of TV dinners came out. They just tasted like slightly different types of cardboard. Very slightly.

0ec59f4d91147a86d14c038c401b19910b29b4fd_hq.jpg

Fishing wise this is the worst thing. Esp when I spend so much time searching for a shark.

Last edited:
I found out about certain types of bugs and dinosaurs through Animal Crossing as well. Also when AC player goes to a museum in real life: "Hey, it's that statue/painting from Animal Crossing!".

You may put hundreds of square meters of furniture, carpet and wallpaper in your inventory - but God forbid you put a fish in a letter.

When you are dreaming in a town and the other player is stuck in front of the door so you can't go out. Ugh.

"I'VE SEEN THIS FISH IN ANIMAL CROSSING!!"
-AC players visiting an aquarium

actually me tbh

i went to an aquarium 2 monthsago, and i kept thinking "holy, i saw this thing in animal crossing"

Friend 1: "In your opinion, who do you think is the worst villain in any game?"
Friend 2: "It's Bowser, DUH!"
Friend 3: "No, it's obviously Handsome Jack!"
Friend 1: "What about you, Maestro?"
Me: "The worst villain in any game? It's Tom Nook!"

True Animal Crossing fans will know why Tom Nook is the worst villain in any game.

There is plenty of room left for me to place this item in this room, why is the game preventing me from putting it in here....oh, too many items hanging on the wall are preventing me from placing an item on the floor.....

or

Here, let me place something right at my feet......no, not over there, here....no not there either..HERE.....fine then I will stand over there and place it....wait, now you placed it at my feet.....ARG!!!!!

I found out about certain types of bugs and dinosaurs through Animal Crossing as well. Also when AC player goes to a museum in real life: "Hey, it's that statue/painting from Animal Crossing!".

"Hey, it's the Mona Lisa from that Nintendo game! Awesome, Nintendo is such an influential organisation."

There was a sort of running gag in the family a while ago about how there might be a coelacanth in every museum we go to. Then we actually went to a museum that had one o.o It was pretty cool and even though it was only a young one, I'd say the size was "about right" compared to the games.

The desperation to be home in time so you can make a trade and searching all the video game stores for amiibo cards. Most have so little in stock, it's awful.

Here are some things you wouldn't get unless if you play Animal Crossing:

Why sea basses are bad or why coelacanths are good
What "beetle farming" or "shark harvesting" means
The term "plot resetting"
How simple fishing, bug hunting, digging, or cutting down trees is unlike in reality
Balloons carry presents
Hitting rocks spawn money

The list could go on and on.

Back