Do you ever get irritated by your friends?

I have a very short fuse so naturally people annoy me a lot. I do have this thing though where I'm really vocal about the things that annoy me. Being open about these sorts of things might not be considered polite in today's society but it does help me deal with a lot of things.

i get irritated really easily. i don't have many friends atm, but some things they do tend to tick me off. problem is, i don't have the courage to speak up for myself, so i usually wind up just letting them do whatever

No, I have way too much patience with people. In all honesty, there are mixed feelings. I remember back when I was trying to fit in (don't ever do that it doesn't really help you) and I pretended to dislike one of my friends. Now, I'm better now and he forgave me. We're good friends now. Sometimes I even get to a small breaking point to where the people who mess with me get on my bad side. Most of the time however, I play along with their games, "admitting defeat" but it doesn't bother me. It's funny to me that they try to get me mad. They literally are always looking for something to make fun of me for, but I don't really care. Either way, no matter who it is, I have a high tolerance. I have lots of friends and I let them talk as much as they please at this point because trying to fit in just makes you seem like a cranky person by pretending to hate someone and I won't ever do that again. I'm glad people talk to me at all and very grateful. I don't try to separate myself because again, it takes a bit to annoy me at this point, because I'm an annoying person myself, and I'm okay with that, that's just who I am. ^-^

well lately in my app group with 4 other people there were alot of fights and people being annoyed at eachother and one girl cant stop saying sexual stuff and other gross stuff. also alot of people copying my stuff which drives me insane. i have these few things that i have going on for years with my best friend like nicknames,, certain words,, photo ideas etc. and suddenly people are all copying it and my best friend doesnt even mind. i cant even see my friends when fights happen cuz they all live in different places so you always have to wait till they are ready to unblock you mweh. lately ive been losing my tolerance and chill for some stuff. some like to push my buttons once in a while and say stuff that are guaranteed to piss vegans off like me. Atleast they are more real than the people from my schools. Alot of friends that ive had from school would talk about hockey,, horse riding,, baking sweets,, doing homework etc. so im glad i dont talk to almost any of them anymore cuz the simplicity of their conversation is just plain annoying. throughout school i was pretty much only stuck with people if there were any willing to socialize with me just not to be alone.

not if i "irritate" them first ;x

but no, usually i'm the obsessive, narcissistic, selfish and unhinged girl if it's a bad day, but i'm working on it. i'm 23, could probably de-diva myself a little. and i want to be nicer and more empathetic. but i don't really bite my tongue when i'm annoyed, it's always overdramatic and it's probably funny to see me flip out

It takes me a couple days to get salty at one of them if I'm with them for extended periods of time. Other than that I have pretty high tolerance of what people do. I personally think it's fine to get a bit annoyed at the ones you love every once in awhile. It's natural

I'm very easily irritated. There's honestly very few people I'm friends with who don't irritate me in some way. If it's something major that irks me, I refuse to call them my friend to be honest. I don't see why I should keep people around me that I don't enjoy being around? It probably sounds super *****y, but I'm pretty reserved about it :p

In school I found myself getting very annoyed with almost everyone around me, it was really quite exhausting. Even my closest friends annoyed me (and still do). Not too much, but it's still evident. Although I have to admit it's taken me a few years to realise their traits that annoy me.

But I don't feel bad about being open about it? I just like to get minor things like that off my chest otherwise I'll implode with anger.

As a misanthropic introvert I can get very easily annoyed by my friends, for the most part it's if I spend too much time with them, usually I can handle a day at most and then I'm just like "please leave" I remember having to spend a week at my friend's house because my mom was on vacation and I literally started to HATE my friend on like... day 3, we stopped really talking and sat a distance away from each other it was TENSE but for real, I need my alone time.

yes! I have been aware of that since middle school. Now in college, I don't have much friends either. haha
I don't know anymore because I can't find friends with the same common interest. People around me right now is at the stage of partying, drinking, fitting in, and pushing people to their "norm".

It's super worse being super irritated by my own roommates too. I get easily irrated when I know them for a week. Ah, I can't really stand all my "friends" assuming my answer and say it for me. - _ - I personally think I have not found a true friend yet. So far, I've met a lot of fakers. T: In addition, my social life is.... LOL.

I honestly have a whole rant about this. v o v)/ But what I do is being hella blunt saying whatever they do annoys me (like extremely annoying). Maybe I am a (female dog) but welps. Not afraid to be blunt.

Last edited:
I despised my friends and almost everything about them back when I was a teenager. That's probably because all of my friends at that time were ****s. Now I'm only close with 2 people, and they're wonderful. They haven't annoyed me so far, we're all very compatible.

Yeah. I stopped making friends because they aren't worth the annoyance.

Not that often, but it's not like it doesn't happen. I usually would get irritated about how they wouldn't usually let me make plans.

I have days when I just can't tolerate people and I turn into a right b**** (excuse my terminology :p). Sometimes, I have days where I can only put up with my friends for so long, and then they just wind me up so far that I snap.

I can relate to the feeling of not liking people. Sometimes I have days where I just want to stay in the house and not have to see anyone. ^-^"

Last edited:
This may sound drastic, but I cut people out of my life that annoy me too often. I just don't have the energy or sanity for it. I have my best friend and a few other friends I talk to from time. I can count on one hand how many times my best friend has gotten on my nerves in all the years I've known her, and I don't think I spend enough time with my other friends for them to irritate the hell out of me. I spend a lot less time raging now, I can tell you that.

I do...I also have a low tolerance of people. I'm not the most sociable person but I have a lot of friends who are.
I try not to let it show as I know most of the time it's irrational. I'm sure people are irritated by me sometimes too, although I like to think not ;) so I do my best to keep it to myself. Give and take and all that

Back