Do you ever get irritated by your friends?

abc123wee

KozyCat
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I've come to accept that I have a really low tolerance for people. Basically everyone I meet will begin to annoy me at some point? Does this happen to you, and if so, how do you deal with it? I just kind of fake it.

lol People are incredibly annoying... The thing about them, is they have the potential to be the greatest beings. Humans have the capability of having the warmest, best hearts. Being so caring, giving, thoughtful. Now let's flash back to reality... lol Most people... now mind you, I do not mean all people...but most people...are selfish, and as you say abc123wee, very annoying. I never taught myself to fake it. I just always distanced myself from these people. Or at least don't surround myself with them. Every now & then, you'll find a good one. It might not lead to a ton of friends, but the ones you do have, will be good ones.

It's like Frosty says in Frosty The Snowman part 2: Frosty Returns, "One friend is a lot different than no friends. One friend is plenty."

Yup! I'm realizing this more and more lately because people can just turn out to be flat-out obnoxious and I too have lost my tolerance with people. To deal with it, I separate myself from people that I continually find annoying or rude or whatever they're being and try to hang out with other people or do my own thing for a while. It's okay to not hang out with someone all the time if they're doing something that you don't exactly jive with, even if you're friends. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess. Or it makes you realize that hey maybe your personalities don't mesh and that person is just really annoying after all.

I hated my "friends" from when I was in school. They were incredibly annoying and I had nothing in common with them. I lacked/still currently lack the ability to make new friends, so I was stuck with them. I only sat with them at lunch and other school events so I wouldn't have to sit alone. I haven't seen them since I graduated in 2014 though, so that's good, I guess.

I h8 people. Like fr.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hated my "friends" from when I was in school. They were incredibly annoying and I had nothing in common with them. I lacked/still currently lack the ability to make new friends, so I was stuck with them. I only sat with them at lunch and other school events so I wouldn't have to sit alone. I haven't seen them since I graduated in 2014 though, so that's good, I guess.

Same with a few people I "knew" until they started talking about shooting up the school and killing themselves.

It's okay to not hang out with someone all the time...

I love this quote, and would like to elaborate. A friend of mine taught me many years ago, how OK it is not just to hang out by yourself-but to actually go out by yourself. With strong confidence, he would tell the rest of the group how he just went to the mall by himself, or to a movie by himself. When we first heard this, we thought it was a little strange, because, when people go out to social-like environments out in public where people are usually in groups of 2 or more, it's only natural to want someone by your side. Because of this, I missed out on some great things.

A few years ago, going to live concerts became one of my favorite things to do. Live rock N roll music, mostly heavy rock, are filled with so much energy & emotion that I can't get enough of it. A few times, killer bands would come through my city, and I would ask my friends who wants to go with me. No one would wanna go... So...I stayed home. Looking back at this, I really feel sad about the times & concerts I missed out on, simply because I was scared to go by myself...

After taking a page out of my friend mention above's book, I finally gathered the courage to attend a big rock concert alone. It was life changing. And I mean that. I couldn't tell you how much I enjoyed myself. And not having the weight of another person to deal with, was incredibly freeing. Now fast forward to a few years later, and not only have I continued to do things by myself, but I prefer it! When you go places alone, you have NO ONE to answer to. You do what you wanna do, go where you wanna go, eat what you wanna eat, go home when you feel like going home, and it's the best. And not just to concerts. The mall, the store, a movie, a sporting event, I mean anywhere. As long as you're true to yourself, happy with yourself, enjoy your own company, you can really be your own best friend.

Now this doesn't mean shutting out other people completely, but it's the best way to go-until someone worth hanging out with comes along :) And even then, you only have to hang out sometimes if you want. You do what you wanna do.

Last edited:
Yea he usually comes over my house every week or so to hang. I mean, I've known him for at least 10 years and I really like him but he can act like an idiot most of the time and although I know he's just messing around, it can get really annoying sometimes.

ugh yes, one of my friends is always talking about her boyfriend to me, when she KNOWS i hate it

Friends... sometimes. People... a lot. I just constantly get annoyed at everyone for almost everything. Know John Becker? That's me on the inside.

Yes I do, but everyone will at one point get irritated by their friends. I get irritated with myself sometime.

yea i certainly do, i just stay quiet, and if im talking to them online i completely ignore them for an hour or so

Yes of course, it's natural to get irritated by people, especially if you're spending everyday with them or a lot of time with them. I had a falling out with one of my friends a few weeks ago just because we spent so much time together and I just could feel myself getting irritated with her. She finds it hard to pick up on signals too, so even when I signalled to her I wanted her to leave me alone, she wouldn't, and she'd continue to talk to me, and I felt like such a pain. I thought to myself why am I feeling this way, why am I just getting so upset being around her or in her company? I knew the reasons why and I realised, even if it may have seemed petty or *****y, I was totally justified in feeling that way. And as a true friend, I knew that I loved her and did care about her, so we talked it through and she totally understood and didn't take offense to it. And that's what a true friendship should be like. No doubt we may have fall outs again later on but what makes me realise we are good friends and will always be good friends is the fact that we can talk about it and we both are able to understand each other's feelings in the end. :')

Sometimes, though it's less on them and more on me. Sometimes I'd rather just sit alone for a couple days and then reach out to chat with people, but that's not ideal.

Yep, I get this way with a lot of people too, especially if I am hanging with them for too long like days on end. I love social interaction, I really do and I get charged from it but certain people are just annoying af and you just have to fake it cause fighting about it is worse, especially if they arent trying to annoy you on purpose.

I'm the type of person who doesnt like to have clingy people around me. I need space to breathe and think on my own. I have trouble making close friends, which is a shame but I dunno how to fix that exactly.

Back