• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you ever get irritated by your friends?

Absolutely. Back when I was in school I hung around with a few groups during my years there, and even though they weren't nice people, I for some reason still considered them to be "friends". I must've been really naive back then, or maybe just looking for some form of company, because they were never nice to me, or at least it was exceptionally rare for them to be. Eventually I pulled away from them in my last year and I felt the benefit of it, but yes, they definitely annoyed me while I was with them. I'm really not sure why I put up with it in retrospect, because I wasn't exactly a pushover, just maybe a little too easy-going and I didn't respect myself enough to realise that I deserved better.

I made some friends at uni who were obviously far more mature, and I can't say they really irritated me, probably because we actually had something in common and were adults now. The only time I truly got annoyed with them was when we had some group projects to complete and someone wasn't pulling their own weight.

Online friends though? Yeah, maybe a little... I've known most of them for years now and I adore them, but there are times where I get frustrated with them, maybe through their behaviour or refusal to try some new game with me or something silly like that. In the end, I still love them and I'd be lost without them, but I wish they'd be more willing to try new activities with me sometimes. We don't spend nearly as much time gaming together as we used so and I miss that, but it's trivial.

Of course. There are some days where I'm just irritated and then their actions just add on. Or they say something insensitive or annoying and it bothers me internally but I never say anything.

Yeah, sure. Although, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single instance where my current best friend irritated me. It's crazy. But that may be why she's my best friend. I normally don't like to interact with people irl. I can be extremely anti-social, despite how I seem on here. I'm dreading getting a job close to home, because I'll probably see people I knew in Highschool. I dislike people in general, or I simply don't care, but seeing someone I saw almost every day for 4 years straight, it's hell to me. I didn't wanna see them then, and I don't wanna see them now. My ex-best friend, as much as I loved her, she was awful. She never shut up about her boy friends. Never wanted to talk about what was going on in anyone's life but her own (Yet she still started drama somehow?), she often ridiculed me, and her pet names were insults. The list goes on. Despite all of that, we were friends for a long time. I guess I was thicker skinned back then, or I simply felt like she didn't mean any of it in a bad way. It irritated me, but didn't upset me per say,

I have this friend and she's been my "best friend" since the beginning of august. But the last month or so I've started to realise just how much she lies to me about stupid things, like "hacking" various things as large as arrest records and having a job and working overtime to feed her family (and I've seen her house, its pretty big and I know both her parents have an extremely high salary). I don't think I really want to be her friend anymore, but I Pity her because I know she actually doesn't have any friends. Im unsure what to do.

Well, yeah. I used to be super patient with them but I guess it changed. If they annoy me multiple times, I either stop talking or entirely delete them/stop hanging out with them. I don't wanna deal with the drama anymore. There are only a few of them though.

Not really. After all, I only have one friend.

10 years ago I'd just go along pretending like I'm fine, but being distant from the person.

Now, I'd just tell them and if they think I'm crazy for it, so be it.

The more direct you can be without appearing to be a jerk, the better.

Not really. I don't have very many friends, and the friends I do have, have been overwhelmingly supportive to me in recent rough times. I'm sure that I've been irritating to them~ ;A;

i guess sometimes, i've known them for so long and half the time our conversations are just us making fun of eachother, unfortunately i'm pretty sensitive so sometimes i can get a little upset over things but overall, nah, my friends are amazing and mean the world to me, i'm lucky to have them i'm not the best at making friends

It usually depends on my mood or how much I can handle. It's not that I have rude friends (Which I don't) but I just not in the mood to hear a lot of people talking...

No. I have a crush on one of my friends.

I feel the same way. I just pick up on so many little things that I just can't excuse.
I can make friends easily, but they never seem to respect me or treat me in a friendly way.
And I just have no nerves for that. Thinking that friends should be friendly is not too much to ask for.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love my friends but the only thing that irritates me about them is despite being vegan (2 YEARS in may) they always recommend restaurants or dinners at places with not even vegetarian options.

for example, its restaurant week in my city next week and they are suggesting all these restaurants that are gourmet steak houses.
what is a vegan going to eat at a steak house? why cant you remember my diet?

ugh.

Yeah, I hate people(almost all, and have almost no friends). I am a bit of a loner,but the friends I do have are very close and good friends. They do stuff sometimes that annoy me, like joke about how they're going to vote for Trump, and then crying about it when they do vote for him and he wins. I've just learnt to let that **** go. People will disagree with you, disappoint you and make ****ty life decisions. However, you just gotta move on and accept them for their idiot self. I'm sure my friends would say the same about me, though. xD

Back