Harvest Moon: A New Beginning or Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns?

Jade_Amell

Greenjade
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
October Birthstone (Opal)
I'm torn between both games, although heavily leaning more towards Tale of Two Towns due to how much cheaper it is. But at the same time it seems it has some issues on the 3DS while ANB was designed for the 3DS. Does anyone have any opinions to help me figure out which one to get? I already have Story of Seasons and 'beat' it as far as I'm concerned. And had tried starting over again but didn't get all that far on the new save. So I figure to try and play a different one till Trio of Towns come out next month.

I'd really say it depends on what exactly you like about HM games.

If you're into the dating aspect, if you're going to play as a girl, I'd definitely go with ToTT. The bachelors in ANB aren't great. Most of them are sort of bland, then there's Allen, who's just selfish and arrogant, and Neil, who just becomes pretty horrible and mean after giving him the commitment ring. The bachelors in ToTT are pretty sweet.

If you're a completionist, I might actually recommend ANB more, though. All carpentry is done through the requests system, and you can only do one building request a month, meaning it would probably take years in real life to even come close to finishing even one farm. However, ANB probably has so many items you'll never be able to collect them all.

As for the ToTT problems, maybe consider getting the DS version?

i honestly prefer tott a lot lot lot more, it feels more like a harvest moon game. anb however is really different, you kinda build the town yourself ; like it starts off literally empty and you have to go from there and attract ppl and tott is focused more on cooking festivals // grow ur own crops and cook them urself or grow ur own animals and use their products.

tott however is divided into two towns, one focuses on livestock, the other on crops. you can always switch towns and you can also still own both crops and animals;; just depends which town you choose

i only played anb for a while and got tired and lazy of it; tott tho however i played and enjoyed a lot and still go back to play even until now.

there's a few characters in sos that'll be familiar in tott too :)

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Lot more fun/i have Tale of Two Towns its a good game but the clock gose very fast in Tale of Two Towns ;d it can get hard to keep two farm as you have to go over mountain in the beginning if you use the trick off starting off with animal and use the other land to plant crop ^^

Last edited:
I've only played New Beginning and it's pretty good. That's about all I can say though. It's all up to you.

I'd really say it depends on what exactly you like about HM games.

If you're into the dating aspect, if you're going to play as a girl, I'd definitely go with ToTT. The bachelors in ANB aren't great. Most of them are sort of bland, then there's Allen, who's just selfish and arrogant, and Neil, who just becomes pretty horrible and mean after giving him the commitment ring. The bachelors in ToTT are pretty sweet.

If you're a completionist, I might actually recommend ANB more, though. All carpentry is done through the requests system, and you can only do one building request a month, meaning it would probably take years in real life to even come close to finishing even one farm. However, ANB probably has so many items you'll never be able to collect them all.

As for the ToTT problems, maybe consider getting the DS version?

Darn, I was considering on romancing Neil. I didn't know he'd be a dbag. x.X I read that the digital version of ToTT doesn't have any issues, which is the route I planned on going.

I have New Beginning, and I really enjoy the game.
It's fun to decorate my own town and my own farm. 0:
Also, I found out it's not as difficult to earn cash (play multiplayer mode).
Overall, I enjoyed it and I believe this is my very first Harvest Moon game that I completed everything. I never finished the other harvest moon game series i have. LOL. ToT

I would say ToTT as well! I find that game to be a lot more fun than A New Beginning personally. There are much better bachelors, and I like the feel of it. ANB has a lot of gameplay things that people find frustrating which were improved in SoS. ANB might just feel like a more frustrating/less refined SoS to you.

Back