• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Rules Update for the New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for keeping us informed! I really never used FR or poke heroes and so on... And I havent ever had a name change lol

Why are rule changes always more strict. -~-

Because it's their site. They can do what they want to do. They can even moderate people who complain about not getting collectibles they want, but I doubt they will do that.

i mean, it was pretty obvious who used the exploit.

The FR gems thing seems a bit silly, only because it's very easy to switch one for the other on the site, so they could just as easily purchase gems and turn them into treasure to trade for bells essentially finding a loophole for paying money for bells. Just saying.

I'll have to figure out if my signature works, I know the picture itself is only 200 but with the spoiler and text idk if it works.

Disallowing for-pay currencies is one way to help prevent the influence of real money on TBT's economy. We can only control so much without making bells useless by banning everything that is traded by the community here.

Animal Crossing Community does worse. This is why i'm here...

I suppose it'll take me awhile to remember these rules. BTW, what is the item you're referring to for the item rule?

They're not really more strict. A lot of the changes is just clarifying some common sense stuff and streamlining things. It's not like people are going to get banned over the changes. There will just be more threads getting moved / closed.

I think the new rules seem fair. I had no idea there was a name change exploit. Wow.

Looking forward to whatever collectibles come to the shop next! :)

Yes, update the shop admins! A restock of the ones currently out of stock would be a great way to start 2017. Some new ones would be cool too. ;)

The ban on trading TBT items for paid currency is intriguing, but I won't argue.

I don't know who took advantage of the name change glitch, or what/how the bug worked, but maybe a more fair way to address it would be to give those who utilized it the option of either paying the tbt for the free name changes, or having their username revert back to whichever one was the last one they had paid for in the shop.

Can art still be sold for RLC?

Not only they still allow it, but it's an increasing trend. I was actually against it because it involves spending real money on a site that isn't a shopping site or site that has for-pay currencies. What I didn't realize is the labor costs involved in drawing.

Pretty sure this was always a rule wasn't it?

People have been trading for flight rising gems and so on for some time. That doesn't mean the rule never existed prior, of course.

The shop refresh sounds like a restock to me. It'd be interesting if we got a new cake again. I'm just expecting more flowers though, and I am totally happy with that :v

The shop refresh sounds like a restock to me. It'd be interesting if we got a new cake again. I'm just expecting more flowers though, and I am totally happy with that :v

Ooh, same! More flower collectibles would be wonderful. I'm predicting violets or lillies. I'd love to see carnations but I get a feeling we may see them for Valentine's Day.

We can never go wrong with more cakes, either. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back