• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you wonder about that no one ever brings up?

I have wondered what the Villagers do for food besides fruit. I have it in my headcanon that Reese either sells food (I sell her excess fruit when my Villagers make requests) or there is a grocery store off-screen. Some of the animals, such as Frogs, could live off the Village's resources, but others would need a lot more calories.

uhm... seafood? ^_^
plus they have milk *pictures a cow villager offering a milk glass "Hi I made it all by myself did you want some?" me "...." *

Last edited:
vANvcth.jpg

i7bO8Yn.jpg
In this game you can give a hamster cage to a hamster,a doghouse to a dog,a cow skull or cowhide rug to a cow and a birdcage to a bird.Also,I've brought this up before but only a handful of villagers in this game(Joey,Olaf and the superheroes) actually wear pants.Everybody else goes bottomless.

you can have frog villagers but be still able the catch frogs for your collection or well octopi you can catch them but octopi villagers are still there
Lazy villagers mention activities when you're not playing.

For example, Puck said that he was passing by my house and he noticed the smell of pancakes being prepared.

We just don't get the part which they actually eat or drink water since it wasn't important to show.

Last edited:
That a bunch of random people live right above your main street... if you've streetpassed people you have them living up there, that's kind of a weird thing to think about...

Where do shopowners (Tom Nook, Reese, Shrunk, etc.) live and sleep? We've also never met the brother/sister/brother in-law/sister in-law of Nook, aka one of Timmy and Tommy's parents.

sometimes i wonder if the playable character/your mayor is mute? (like one of those theories that your mayor is actually dead or something) i know you can click responses for things, but there are so many emotions you can learn from shrunk, i kinda wish they implemented that in the responses too instead of just staring at the animal villagers (most i've seen them do is nod)... or maybe have a quick dialogue sound in animalese. plus if it's called animalese and it's the language of these animals, how does the mayor understand it from the beginning? u_u

Where do shopowners (Tom Nook, Reese, Shrunk, etc.) live and sleep? We've also never met the brother/sister/brother in-law/sister in-law of Nook, aka one of Timmy and Tommy's parents.

This is a good point. I would like to know where they live as well.

In HHD, Reese reveals that Cyrus can turn literally anything into bells. She says he can turn sharks into bells, which I think is extremely funny. And I didn't know how common a pond next to re-tail was. Strange.

I always have been wondering why the ponds never freeze. I can understand that for a river it is difficult to freeze, but a pond...I don't think that it's so difficult... Maybe you will say that the creators didn't care about it, but each year a message apperas in the Bulletin Board which says that the ponds won't freeze. So, why didn't they make the ponds freeze?

things that I was thinking while decorating today:
why I should full expand the first floor before adding a new room?
and why I can't decide to hide or relocate the damned windows?
one can reply that it's because of the exteriors but they are so cartonish that they don't match the real dimensions in any case!!

Last edited:
I always have been wondering why the ponds never freeze. I can understand that for a river it is difficult to freeze, but a pond...I don't think that it's so difficult... Maybe you will say that the creators didn't care about it, but each year a message apperas in the Bulletin Board which says that the ponds won't freeze. So, why didn't they make the ponds freeze?

There would be complaints of players who cannot fish something on them.
Besides it would not be a good idea if they added a hazard which the player falls in the frozen pond when the ice breaks for example.

Have you noticed the times which Katie drops her ticket and loses the train while picking it up?

In villager's houses that don't have a bed or couch, where tf do they sleep? On the barren floor?
And where do Tom Nook, Mabel, and all the other characters in Main Street sleep after their shop closes?

In villager's houses that don't have a bed or couch, where tf do they sleep? On the barren floor?
And where do Tom Nook, Mabel, and all the other characters in Main Street sleep after their shop closes?

And when on earth does Isabelle sleep? Does she not need sleep? Does she ever leave the town hall apart from when in her RV or event days?

but the big question is where are the bathrooms?
*picteres a row of villagers before Resetti headquarters that ask to go the toilet*

I don't think the townhall and the roost really need to be 24 hours.

Specially considering that there are no shifts during the day.

Anyone ever notice how American dlc is pretty much always reorderable? Like everyone else gets cool U ordeals doc and the fact you can't order it makes it worth much more but America gets doc that can be reordered, making our doc worth a heck of a lot less ;3; also we haven't had any new dlc in ages, of course Japan gets cooler stuff since Nintendo is based in Japan but like why must they neglect us Americans XD as for other countries and regions I don't know much about their dlc I can't remember whether their's were reorderable or not

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH another thing I thought of because I accidentally Reset just now, anyone find it slightly strange how easy it is to get Resetti to leave now? Like he's so chill now the heck happened to him XD I know why, because he scared kids, that's also why he's optional *and I chose to have him because he's always been one of my favorite special characters since I was young, I always thought he was funnyXD* but in the game it's like he's had some kind of big change in his life, perhaps his job was threatened because of his personality lol

Back