Things you wonder about that no one ever brings up?

Why does Kapp'n have such a low self esteem that he belittles all males and flirts his butt off with any girl... it's kind of creepy and weird... he's got a wife and kid, why does he do this?

Lloid the gyroid is very nice!

Also, are there multiple Lloids? Lloid is our helpful town gyroid, but he's also the helpful island tool giver and helpful tour tool giver. Maybe they are all brothers?

Lloid has a brother named Lloid and then there is his other brother, also Lloid.

Why can't Isabelle help you unless you sit in your Mayoral chair?

Is she really that dense? o_O

Why do you ALWAYS have to fork over your bells/item before the villager you're trading with coughs up his end of the deal? I noticed it happens regardless of what's being traded. These animals have learned from someone shady.

I think there is always a pond & rock near to R-Tail. The maps are not totally random, we know the game choses from a set number of river patterns, I don't know how the rest of it works - but you often see this link posted (& its up on BTF somewhere as well). Don't think it covers all options tho:
Pond and rock placement guide:
http://ellesanimalhaven.tumblr.com/post/86951850598/petal-parasol-its-finally-here-im-sorry

Neat little things I haven't seen mentioned - in the RV camp at night you get owls sitting on Harvey's log cabin roof - sometimes one, sometimes 2 or 3 & once I saw 4 - and then another time none at all. They hoot same as the owl on the bulletin board at night.

If you scan in a RV - when you 1st go up to the campsite after scanning you hear the RV motor running and stopping as if the character scanned has just arrived.

Last edited:
I always wonder if the parents from the player also lives in a town together with animal villagers.
Like, is it so that in Animal Crossing, the whole world is so built up that both human and animal
villagers lives together in towns just like it's a normal thing? Because it looks like that the player's
parents doesn't have a problem that you just move into a town full of animals instead of humans.
And the villagers also have no problem with you as a human at all, so...? Also, where do you learn
the language from the villagers? Is it like a foreign language you learn in school or something?

Last edited:
I've always wondered: Do Peppy villagers eventually go on to become stars? Were Snooty villagers former stars for real, or are they only saying stuff like that to boost their egos? Why are there only 8 personality types?
What is the system of overall government? Is there like a local government (county level), a state/prefecture government, then a federal government? If our towns have police stations, how rampant is crime? Is society stratified into socioeconomic classes? Are there super poor animals living on the streets on the verge of starving to death?
Is the Village we run considered a rural town? Yet it seems to draw a crowd with its main street? Are there suburbs (besides the HH Showcase)? (Of course we know cities exist).
Is this a sort of Zootopia scenario where predators have evolved past their hunting urges?
If there are so many animals, why aren't there more on TV (I've only noticed humans)?

Why do fossils still have to be assessed by Blathers if you've completed the fossil section? Can't they just be auto-identified from then on?

Where in the world Isabelle was in previous games considering she refer Tortimer as: "Our last Mayor".

Something I've always wondered is why an elephant isn't actually that tall compared to a frog, and why they can fit in a house, for that matter. Size range is very limited in the AC world.

How we became mayor of an animal filled town. Who was supposed to be mayor? Remember that letter from an unknown sender in the beginning?

Something I've always wondered is why an elephant isn't actually that tall compared to a frog, and why they can fit in a house, for that matter. Size range is very limited in the AC world. I also wonder about how you can talk to Cyrus wide awake with one character, then, within one minute, talk to him with another character and he's already hit the hay. Really makes you think if he's really willing to help his customers...

Where does Reese get all of the money to buy Sharks and expensive bugs for potentially millions of bells a day when she doesn't seem to make much or any profit on items sold in her store? Does she have connections to the mob? Does she hand the bugs/sharks over to them so they can set up some sort of illegal dog fighting scenario with sharks and bugs?

How old are the villagers? Some act like kids, some act like old men, but all of them are apparently old enough to purchase a plot of land, build a house, and furnish it.

Where did the Able Sisters learn to sew invisible pockets onto things that are also black holes for the massive things villagers carry?

On that note, where was the technology developed to turn furniture into leaves until they are placed in a home?

If you look our character is oddly tall compared to most of the buildings and trees.
And buildings always appear smaller on the outside than on the inside, but that's just typical video game logic

More about the TBT website itself than AC:NL, but I don't understand how the currency conversion works. Usually people are like, for an example, '2 TBT or 5 mil IGB'. I mean it takes forever to get IGB and only a few posts to rack up TBT, so why the insane difference? If I didn't already know, I'd guess things were worth more in IGB.

The Rarity of the Black Pitfall! I have played since the release and I have found it once. I have hanging at the edge of my cliff because it looks good (The cliff is awkward in the sense that there is not enough land to make it have a full spot. In saying that I made sure to put it in the most awkward part of town)

Back