Things you wonder about that no one ever brings up?

but the big question is where are the bathrooms?
*picteres a row of villagers before Resetti headquarters that ask to go the toilet*

AI0uixM - Imgur.jpg
It's Animal Crossing....they don't need no stinkin' bathrooms.

... I have always noticed that before the update when you shook a fruit tree and there was something in the square in front of the tree the fruit falling in front would disappear. It would never bounce to an adjacent square like the fruit to the side would do no matter if every other square around was clear. They fixed this with the update, if the squares around the tree are clear, the fruit in the front will bounce to a different square.
It's a little thing, but it makes me happy that it's fixed and I've never seen anyone else notice it so...

i have noticed this so much you have no idea

Pelly and Phyllis need to have shifts in order to sleep, but Isabelle, Brewster, Copper, Booker, and Luna can magically stay awake for the entire day and night, never sleeping....

Why are there hamster, bird, and octopus villagers but you can give them a bird cage, a hamster cage, and an octopus to display in their house and nobody questions it? I have a hamster cage in my mayor's house in Canaan and Fauna came over and said, "Do you have a hamster? They're a lot of work, but they make up for it in cuteness!" The fact that Flurry has that exact same dialogue makes it weirder.

Last edited:
Don't knnow if anyone else brought this up, but I think it is strange that you can catch an octopus for the museum when there are octopus villagers.

this come to mind in the other thread
why the cockroaches that appears in the houses cannot be caught but instead you have to kill them?

Last edited:
i used to wonder a lot about where all the money Tom Nook squanders from you goes, since his shop never expands, but now that I think about it, he could very likely be donating some to other NPCs such as Reese or even the Able sisters, because if you talk to him while he's in the cafe (I think around midnight?) he says some very sweet things about Reese/Cyrus, Mabel/Sable and even Timmy and Tommy. During the summer, there are also fireworks festivals, and fireworks are hella expensive, so there is that..

I've wondered everything mentioned so far. So many questions.

Why do I HAVE to be mayor in new leaf? Isabelle is pretty much the mayor anyway so why do I have to do anything lol. I mean for the Harvest festival she just asks Franklin to come. If I'm the mayor that's sort of my job? What if I wanted Booker to cook since it's his dream and he likes to.

Why do we have to unlock pwps? It just seems silly. We want you to make our town awesome but you have to wait for random ideas.
Why do villagers not really help with pwps? You think they don't want another bridge or something.

The fashion checks just...confuse me.

Why do animals have catchphrases? I get its for fun but what if it's like some nervous tick.

Sorry this list got long. Animal Crossing gets confusing if you think on it too much. XD

Oh yeah anyone wonder what the heck are gyroids? Like I mean I know what a gyroid is I love them, it wouldn't be animal crossing without them but thinking deeper than that, what in the world are they? They sit underground for years, they move seemingly without batteries, Lloid even talks so are they alive? Also they make strange calls for others of their race.... It's quite odd

Where does Digby live and eat and sleep? The poor thing is always standing around come rain or snow or shine, give the guy a break once in awhile!

I have often wondered what is on the other side of the train tunnel or across the bridge (I know there isn't anything but...) When the net glitch was still active I used to wander on the train tracks because it was so much fun.

I also wonder if Sahara really does go around petting cars...

I think one of the directors of AC actually mentions in a direct that gyroids are modeled after haniwa, which are clay figures buried with the dead and used for rituals. Also, from Wikipedia: "In many of the depictions, the haniwa is primarily presented as a ghostlike, malevolent creature, without attempting to retain the historical aspect of the haniwa's religious nature. In Animal Crossing, haniwas are called gyroids and are furniture only found buried in the ground."

I personally really like gyroids (also why Coco is one of my dreamies), even though I can definitely see how they are associated with the dark theories people come up with. It's always really cool to see people use them different ways, since they come across as a bit of a sad thing to me, from the fanart I've seen. ^_^

Oh yeah anyone wonder what the heck are gyroids? Like I mean I know what a gyroid is I love them, it wouldn't be animal crossing without them but thinking deeper than that, what in the world are they? They sit underground for years, they move seemingly without batteries, Lloid even talks so are they alive? Also they make strange calls for others of their race.... It's quite odd

Last edited:
Lloid the gyroid is very nice!

Also, are there multiple Lloids? Lloid is our helpful town gyroid, but he's also the helpful island tool giver and helpful tour tool giver. Maybe they are all brothers?

why does Phineas know to only appear in my town when i've accomplished something? how does he know what i've done? do i summon him?
does our in-game mom know that we live in a village filled with bipedal animals? is this a common thing in the universe?
what does Luna do to us that allows us to lucid dream every time we nap? is Animal Crossing in the same universe Inception?

why does Tortimer wear pants now even though he never did as mayor before (iirc)? more importantly, why does Joey have a diaper... and is it a diaper, or is it just part of his body?

In villager's houses that don't have a bed or couch, where tf do they sleep? On the barren floor?
And where do Tom Nook, Mabel, and all the other characters in Main Street sleep after their shop closes?

I always imagined that our villagers have another room in their house that we can't visit, like a basement or attic where they sleep or cook xD and about Nook, Mabel etc, well in happy home designer if you have their amiibo you can design their home! I did it and now I imagine them go to those houses that are located in some close town ^^ The same thing cannot be said for Digby, Blathers, Isabelle .., they never close and never leave their work place!! Poor guys

why hasnt redd been arrested yet? booker copper, do something for once...they just sit in the police station while fake art is being sold and pigeon milk is being served to the public.

Back