Things you wonder about that no one ever brings up?

More about the TBT website itself than AC:NL, but I don't understand how the currency conversion works. Usually people are like, for an example, '2 TBT or 5 mil IGB'. I mean it takes forever to get IGB and only a few posts to rack up TBT, so why the insane difference? If I didn't already know, I'd guess things were worth more in IGB.

I think because to most people, IGB are kind of useless now, since the game is so old and almost everyone has millions of it that they don't even use anymore. TBT takes much, much longer to earn actually, if you are just doing it the traditional way and earning it by posting. However, it really is kind of crazy. Once I wanted to buy a few bushes from someone selling for 2 tbt each. I was new to the site so I asked if I could pay using IGB. Now, I forget how many I was trying to buy, but they quoted me something like 10 million IGB for 10 bushes. I was like, no thanks... If I were accepting both types of currency in a shop, I would quote a price that sounded fair for both methods of payment, rather than using a conversion method.

I think because to most people, IGB are kind of useless now, since the game is so old and almost everyone has millions of it that they don't even use anymore. TBT takes much, much longer to earn actually, if you are just doing it the traditional way and earning it by posting. However, it really is kind of crazy. Once I wanted to buy a few bushes from someone selling for 2 tbt each. I was new to the site so I asked if I could pay using IGB. Now, I forget how many I was trying to buy, but they quoted me something like 10 million IGB for 10 bushes. I was like, no thanks... If I were accepting both types of currency in a shop, I would quote a price that sounded fair for both methods of payment, rather than using a conversion method.

I get that IGB isn't as needed by people these days, especially players who've had their towns for years and accomplished everything, but still, what bells they do have still took work and/or patience; I'm guessing shark fishing or turnip selling primarily. I rack up TBT without even really trying, so IGB would always be the more valuable currency for me.

I get that IGB isn't as needed by people these days, especially players who've had their towns for years and accomplished everything, but still, what bells they do have still took work and/or patience; I'm guessing shark fishing or turnip selling primarily. I rack up TBT without even really trying, so IGB would always be the more valuable currency for me.

I totally see your point. I suppose it just varies in value from person to person. I, for one, find it easier to earn bells with bug hunting than it is to keep posting to earn tbt. Well either way, I would have no need for IGB because I have 10 million plus saved up in my bank. That pays for all 4 of my character's needs. So TBT is the more valuable currency for me, since I can use it to buy wonderful art from the artists here. But I agree with you that conversion is kinda crazy. But as long as people pay it, it's going to keep happening anyway. And with IGB being the more expendable currency for a lot of people, they don't mind it at all. I'm sure that will all change once we have a new AC game and everyone needs IGB once again :)

How am I Mayor?
I'm what? 10? Lol

Also, WHY do my idiot villagers beg me to pick fruit when they're standing in an orchard?
They have arms and legs!
More than I do. o_O

Why are villagers asking for fruit that's 2 metres away or for a delivery to someone who's 2 metres away? Like, are you even that dumb that you can't see the tree/villager? Really? But you're having your own house.

Why is there always a rock next to retail...?

....I know it's stupid, but I've always wondered it. As well as the pond.

Why is there always a rock next to retail...?

....I know it's stupid, but I've always wondered it. As well as the pond.

Agreed did they like make retails have to have a pond? Are they actually part of Retails building ? So confusing.

How it it that you can earn so much money in the game by just selling fish, bugs and fruit. I wish I could do that in real life!

Agreed did they like make retails have to have a pond? Are they actually part of Retails building ? So confusing.

Lolol Ikr? It always made me wonder. Same with in City Folk. There was always rocks next to the museum, nook's shop, able sisters, and town hall. XD

I guess this applies to almost every NPC in the game...
Isabelle in another town says "Oh, I'd love to visit your town, I heard the secretary there is gorgeous"

I know! They are clones!! I think my town has the original, though...:confused:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why does Kapp'n have such a low self esteem that he belittles all males and flirts his butt off with any girl... it's kind of creepy and weird... he's got a wife and kid, why does he do this?

I figured this one out, because I now have a female mayor. We are young girls to him, like his daughter! He isn't flirting (I thought he was at first, too) he is just being sweet and fatherly, giving compliments and good advice, same as with the guys, who he sees as boys who need raising up on the way to being good men. (Gee, I hope I get some likes on this one, because this is it! And now Kapp'n can continue to be my absolute favorite of all!) Whew!

I always wonder how it is possible that I meet a villager in his house, and then they miraculously show up in the store.

Hmm, how can I magically explain this away

Maybe it's possible that when you loaded out of the villager's house, they ran out before you, because animals to op plz nerf, and the same goes for going onto Mainstreet or any other building. Animals = No Loading

Or maybe it's because Nintendo can't make a big game.

How my villagers are always trying to partner each other off. Recently I just got in a dialogue that went something like this...

"Diana and Octavian are such a cute couple!! I mean don't get me wrong, they're not a couple... yet."

And why can't we work on more than one pwp a day? Do we only have one collection gyroid?

I wonder if Felyne remembers when he was a Hunter, or if he's a tame cat, now.

I've always wondered why the animals in this game have evolved in exactly the same way as their real life counterparts. Like, why do alligators have sharp teeth? Do they still eat other animals in this universe?

How everything shuts at night bar the Dream Suite, which makes sense, but the town hall? Government buildings are the least likely to stay open longer than necessary, while stores in the real world do often go late into the night. I find that part of ACNL a bit backward. Sure, it's a game and not meant to be realistic, but it's obvious that various parts of the game were styled off the real world.

Last edited:
Imagine having someone who works at this government building be one of two people who works there. This person is also almost always there, save a vacation in their RV. Basically, you'd have to BLOW UP the Town Hall to get Isabelle to leave.

or maybe throw a ball i dont know shes a dog

Granny in Island is Kap'n Mother or his Wife mother. I never pay attention to that since i have the game.

Back